Burnley at home - 10th March - Match Thread

Comments

• What's worrying is that even if we do survive this season why would anyone want to join us.
  • Moving to the OS was the beginning of the end for this club

The fans who pitch invaded should be ashamed of themselves
    They only made things worse

But so should the players, whether a fan got on or not it's a disgrace to be riled up so easily and let in a 2 goals in such quick succession ....and we can't just blame the fans for the capitulation it's not the first time it's actually happens a lot

Future of the club is looking so bleak it's so sad

• imagelost said:

3 things

30k drugs fine

No. The fine was for inadequate administration.
  • edited March 2018
    MrsGrey said:

imagelost said:

3 things

30k drugs fine

No. The fine was for inadequate administration.
    How many times?
  • I think it had something to do with the board Jorderz.

I'm not condoning what the fans did today, but I do understand why they feel the way they do.

The reasons have been done to death on other threads so there's no point going over them again, but whilst the actions of the pitch invaders is not acceptable, I do think the board have to take some responsibility for the division between them and sections of the fan-base.
  • 3 times within a year.
  • Disgusted with the behaviour of so-called fans (morons actually). They helped to lose the game as the team were not only up against Burnley bit against their own supporters.

Very disappointed with the result. Hart had a nightmare and he fumbled the ball a couple of times and got away but eventually got punished. He is not a EPL player and should not be selected again. Hernandez and Arnautovic are not a good combination. Mario did not do much and had little pace or guile. Not sure why Hugill did not get minutes on the pitch as we could have done with someone with aerial threat.

Well, time to move on and get Masuaku back and move Antonio to the RWB position.
  • give us the points deduction and relegate us already.
  • Forgot Masuaku even existed.

Southampton and Stoke will define our season.

No pressure then.

• But so should the players, whether a fan got on or not it's a disgrace to be riled up so easily

The fans can't be absolved of one iota of responsibility for the negativity, distraction and anxiety they caused by their behaviour.
  • I think it had something to do with the board Jorderz.

I'm not condoning what the fans did today, but I do understand why they feel the way they do.

The reasons have been done to death on other threads so there's no point going over them again, but whilst the actions of the pitch invaders is not acceptable, I do think the board have to take some responsibility for the division between them and sections of the fan-base.

Whatever you say. Personally, I think fans should support the club when they need it. The board couldn't have turned the game around when we went behind, but the fans could have been a massive help. There's always room for intelligent and professional complaints and dialogue between the fans and the board. 1-0 down in a crucial match isn't the time for it, and the way it was done today is a million miles from how to do it.

These kind of morons always bang on about how they pay their money and so therefore have a stake in the club and a right to protest. Well, what about the other 50,000 people who bought tickets to see West Ham today? Don't they have a right to feel safe and comfortable in the stadium?

They might not have respect for the board but the lack of respect for the players, the club and, most importantly, their fellow supporters spending their hard-earned to try and enjoy a game of football is absolutely despicable.
  • Well said.

Selfish, egotistical behaviour.
  • edited March 2018
    I don't agree with the protests at all but if they're going to protest - why not do it at the end of the West Ham v Everton game last game of the season (at full time I should add).

We desperately need the points to stay up and this protest is extremely counter productive. They are having a go at the board for the lack of investment (therefore costing us points) but in reality they will also cost us points by the atmosphere they're creating.

I realise this was a very amateur protest as the official protest was called off. So I guess all it takes is one protestor to start it all off (the one that ran onto the pitch).

Anyway we shouldn't cave in just yet. Southampton got thrashed today and they seem in a similar state to us minus the protesting. Our match against them is a crucial one.
  • Everything is on the owners. Simple as that.
  • MrsGrey said:

Selfish, egotistical behaviour.

Which, ironically, is something that has been levelled at Gold, Sullivan and Brady.
  • edited March 2018
    Thanks for the dismissive 'whatever you say' Jorderz.

I thought this forum was a place for opinions to be discussed, not dismissed
  • Mostly it's been fine, but a reminder to people to stay polite when disagreeing, cheers.
  • Everything is on the owners. Simple as that.

What? It is on the owners that people lack self-control?
  • 3 times within a year.

3 times, in one year,
    The mind boggles
  • It is not what happened today that is the real problem . It is what the board have done to this club that has caused all the trouble.
    This board has betrayed the fans and they are presiding over a complete and utter shambles now.
  • The thugs who ran on the pitch are just that,we need to get behind this team ,thank goodness we have 3 weeks before our next game to all calm down .on another point who is our 3rd choice keeper lets give him a try is it speigal
  • Well it should be Hart after today’s howler
  • I’m ashamed and embarrassed to be a West Ham fan today.

Absolutely nothing that the board has done justifies what went on inside the stadium.
  • I didn’t want Hart playing today. I didn’t think Adrian had been consistently bad, over many games. The question is, can Moyes drop Hart after one game?
  • Suze

Don't be. ;hug

I was thinking along the same lines, but then caught myself on.

The vast majority, even of those irritated by the board, are decent folks.

I refuse to be lumped in with cretins.
  • Yes but he won’t
  • Am sure if we was winning 1-nil that would not have happened
  • Why was it Noble who had to tackle the moron on the pitch? Pretty sure it’s not his job...I mean, he’s known as a tackler but come on!
  • I can't see that anyone with a brain could have thought that charging Mark Noble would make him play any better. At 1-0 there was still plenty of opportunity to turn it around, but after that it was only going one way.
This discussion has been closed.