Burnley at home - 10th March - Match Thread

Comments

• Burnley just doubling up and holding the line when we are in possession.
  • Really frustrating game. Idiot of a referee. Burnley been time-wasting since the second minute. Missed four good chances now.
  • Two soft free kicks against us in quick succession. Is this a contact sport ???
  • edited March 2018
    Lee Mason being typically fussy.

We've managed to create some decent chances without quite having the necessary composure, but if we can keep knocking at the door, we should be OK.

Having to listen to Tony Gale's drivel is driving me nuts, not least his insistence that Antonio is no good on his left foot.

We need to try and get a goal (or two) before around 70 mins, which is normally when Dyche changes it up a bit, and looks to nick a goal, sot hat we force him to be reactive, rather than proactive.
  • Should have been a penalty against Lennon in the first half.

I would put Zaba into centre half, put Antonio over to RWB and put Cresswell over to LWB. That when Cresswell puts over a cross, he'll have Arnie and Antonio to aim at.
  • Antonio's left foot... Should never play as the left wingback. ;doh
  • If ever there was a time to hit a shot hard and low, it is when Lanzini had his 1 on 1 effort. There's a time and place to side foot, curl it, blast it etc and being aware of shot selection is vital when going forwards.

My biggest worry in the second half is Cresswell... especially now that he is on a yellow. I don't think he's had an awful game, I'm just worried they're going to target him in the second half.
  • Hammerdublin

Antonio has a perfectly serviceable left foot.

A couple of games ago he used it to put in a belter of a cross which we scored from.

Sometimes, you just have to find a way to get players on the pitch.
  • If he clears the first defender he can hit it with his backside for all I care. Creswell putting in some searching balls, but they are diagonal, and easier to defend. Arnie getting crowded out by 3 big lumps.
    What a game to be able to bring Carroll on...
  • So, Burnley have overtaken West Brom in the most boring team in the league race.
  • Burnley are a tough nut and we are short of confidence. I just can’t see us scoring - the only question is, will they...
  • Burnley have started this half the better.
  • Burnley are dross to watch. Embarrassing to be time-wasting the whole match, too, considering they’ve got nothing to lose.
  • Got away with one there. Looked onside.
  • Burnley with a goal disallowed.

Which should have stood.
  • Should have been a red for Westwood.
  • How is that not a red card?
  • I realise Antonio is playing out of position for the good of the team, however I feel it'll be a waste if he doesn't get at least 10 mins in his more favoured positions (right wing and striker). I just see him as such a threat and feel it's worth a go at some point in the game.
  • How is that not a red card?

West Ham, innit
  • edited March 2018
    OCS, no Barnes was offside.

Burnley players' behaviour and play acting is truly despicable. ;angry
  • Hart not convincing imo.
  • How long before Moyes makes a change

Doing alright but need more cutting edge

Hernandez and hugill on the bench so we have options
  • Yeah, Hart looks nervous, though no surprise.

I think we’ve played well here. It’s hard when we’re playing against such negative dross.

Think Hernandez might come on and nick something.
  • curtains for West Ham
  • And there we go
  • Oh dear
  • We are going down. This was always on the cards as we didn't take our chances.
  • Is there an April transfer window?
This discussion has been closed.