Patrice Evra signing confirmed

Comments

• Who said we're Christians and what has that got to do with anything?
  • I’m still staggered that for kicking a fan his ban does not cover all football
  • Gotta love EUFA.
  • edited February 2018
    Ironherb, I apologise for not making myself clear. I used the phrase "And you call yourselves Christians" as a throwaway remark, meaning that people should be willing to have little more faith in each other. I did not intend to insult you by suggesting you, or anyone else, is Christian. I regret using this ambiguous language, and will not make the same mistake again. I also realise that religion -cultural or faith-based- has little to do with sports in general, and football and West Ham in particular.

For the record, I do not have any information, or make any conclusions, on the faith, religion or beliefs of Ironherb, or any member of this forum, or the significant majority of people on this planet.
  • What does the thumbs-up mean?
  • No problem.
  • I was just about to bring out the clowns.
  • seems Like the kit man ordered extra small and extra large...

BAE85722-1FDC-491B-86A6-92D53C55882B
  • Or the backs of shirts are much wider than the fronts.
  • See sully never lied he said no players that are 32 ever is 36 lololol
  • edited February 2018
    SHF said
    I did not intend to insult you by suggesting you, or anyone else, is Christian.

Since when was that an insult? Perhaps "offend", but even that is OTT (imho)

• To Cuz, IH and Suzanne, "none" was not one of the options. ;wink
  • To Cuz, IH and Suzanne, "none" was not one of the options. ;wink

Carlton then cus he’s one of us
  • Bubbles

I suspect shf was aiming at a spot of hyperbole.
  • Proper Greek word there grey sir,
  • Cuz

Yeah. In modern Greek it is the regular word for 'exaggeration'
  • I like that word as well
  • Or the backs of shirts are much wider than the fronts.

Are we signing Quasimodo?
  • edited February 2018
    Small, or far away?

• What next? Carlton Cole coming out of retirement or Geoff Hurst dusting down his shooting boots. Does the Club have a credible transfer strategy and why are we always desperation stakes? I don't know if Gold and Sullivan read these pages but it would be great to hear from them. That said, if Evra plays I will support him as I am sure that he will do his best, but whether that is good enough for our predicament is another story.
  • A little perspective.

Last season Evra joined Marseille from Juventus on a free transfer in January, he started 12 of the 13 games he was available for.

This season he's started 11 out of 16 including Europa League games and was left out of the squad three times. Marseille are currently 2nd and are through to the playoff rounds.

He was a regular squad player in a good French side, he's not quite in a wheelchair yet.
  • edited February 2018
    Aslef - No one is doubting Evra's past credentials, and I hope he has some good games for us.
    Its the fact that we are signing him at all, given our need to strengthen in other areas ,the chairmans stated intention that we would not be signing any more old(er) players (Stated only in December), and our underwhelming Jan transfer window. It smacks of a lack of planning in our transfer policy. He wasnt on any "must sign" list that I'd seen.
    I would think that all fans would hope that any signing we make does well.
  • A little perspective.

Last season Evra joined Marseille from Juventus on a free transfer in January, he started 12 of the 13 games he was available for.

This season he's started 11 out of 16 including Europa League games and was left out of the squad three times. Marseille are currently 2nd and are through to the playoff rounds.

He was a regular squad player in a good French side, he's not quite in a wheelchair yet.

How dare you bring logic and facts into this discussion!
  • I don't suppose he was on any signings plan but I also doubt that with only four days of the window left we'd been planning on losing Masuaku and Obiang, both left sided players.
    Frees are the only signings we can make now.
  • edited February 2018

He wasnt on any "must sign" list that I'd seen.

Well, I saw a number of fans calling for the club to sign emergency cover for recently injured/suspended players. I, personally, didn't think we should sign players for that reason, but presumably those who took the opposite view are reasonably chuffed.
  • He’s a great signing

For the social media department ;weep
  • ah well, all together now...
    Que sera, sera
    What Evra will be, will be.... (feel free to complete this)
  • Que sera sera, What evra will be will be. This signing is from sully. Not for me, for me