Patrice Evra signing confirmed

Comments

• Oh, alderz, next you'll be reminding people how often 19 year old Declan Rice has played this season...

#killjoy
  • I think they bought him as a crowd enforcer in case the fans get restless ;whistle
  • if he thinks Marseille were bad, wait when the booing starts at the OS ;lol. He better be trained by Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee.
  • just goes to show how bad this club is run ,would hate to see us go down but really we don't deserve to be here .
  • steve said:

just goes to show how bad this club is run ,would hate to see us go down but really we don't deserve to be here .

If we don't get enough points we deserve to go down we don't deserve to go down just because we are not run well. Its like when people say they deserved to win because they played well when in fact the only thing that matters in the final score.

• if a club is not run well then it will catch up to you sooner or later on the pitch
  • Pengeman said:

Never mind, Sullivan and Gold are making history and may well enter the Guinness Book of records. This from HIRC http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/07/are-west-ham-about-to-set-an-unwelcome-new-premier-league-record/

What a terrible article.
  • But believable with these in charge though
  • And he’s passed his medical let’s hope it breaks down over terms this signing is so wrong imo
  • Well, it's done according to the official Twitter page.

Our new No27
  • And they've used the hashtag

#ForEvraBlowingBubbles ;lol
  • Really not sure about the amount of dismay being shown over this.

Moyes has had a look at him, and decided he's worth what ever contract we give him.

Does this mean Moyes is suddenly no good as a manager?
  • “It happened really fast. My agent called me and told me I needed to come back [from Dubai] to London as quick as I could and I had a nice meeting with the manager, who I know from Manchester United, of course, and I met the Chairman, so it was really easy.

“When you have to make a deal and money is not the issue, the deal could be done in five minutes. The main thing was for me to join West Ham and to help my teammates to win as many games as we can.

“It was the fastest thing I have done in my life, because both parties wanted to work together, so it was very easy to make an agreement!”

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/february/07-february/west-ham-sign-premier-league-great-patrice-evra#17tpxSsqVW5tX9sc.99
  • No grey not in my eyes he hasn’t just don’t get why we need a 36 year old to help us, and for his behaviour at his last club,
  • edited February 2018
    Just feels like another Arbeloa signing to me and not sure what he’ll bring to the side but I look forward to being proved wrong.

I did text my Man U supporting friend about it last night and he did say apparently he’s a good lad who’ll be good for dressing room morale.
  • So even Evra knew nothing about this......only echoes the view for me that this is a panic buy

36 years old and coming off kicking a fan in the head...nice

Free transfer of an out of contract "name"...perfect Sully signing
  • Totally pointless signing.

#NextLevel
    #TimeToJoinTheMarch
  • when you wake up and hear news about your club you either say great news that's what we wanted or needed.or you wake up and go ,oh no how much lower can we go .needless to say I am not jumping for joy on this one in fact feel quite depressed about it
  • Not really an exciting signing hopefully he can do a job till the end of the season
  • Maybe the David's have signed him to go around and kick a few fans...
  • grey

I don't think that making a (potentially) poor signing would make any manager a poor manager, because otherwise all managers would be. I don't think anyone has made the suggestion that Moyes is a poor manager because of this.

IMO there is a dismay around this signing because there is a feeling among some people that the club are trying to compensate a poor transfer window by signing a 36 year old on a free transfer.

My own feeling is that this isn't a signing that moves us forward. However, having an experienced pro, another option in a couple of positions, and generally another warm body in the squad is not a bad thing.
  • edited February 2018
    Joey Barton available in the summer maybe he’s worth a punt as well why we at it, I’m seriously considering my future of watching West Ham and putting my hard earned money in the hands of these clowns running us, it’s as if they meet up and discuss how to annoy us even more
  • I agree with Grey on this . I really cannot understand the dismay of Patrice joining us.
    He was playing well before his indiscretion for a good side ( I will not go into whether he was right or wrong to take the action he did). However there have been examples of players attacking fans in our league and nothing happening to them.(again I wont discuss whether it was right or wrong). If the Premier league do not have a problem with him playing for us I do not see why there are so many people judging him or us as a club.
    Also Alexi Sanchez has just been given a 16 month jail term for tax evasion which he wont have to serve for some strange reason and he is now paying back the money. I bet no Man Utd fan will be upset that they have a real criminal playing for them.
  • I reckon if Sully sees our poll from a few days back regarding brooking or Bonds he might offer the winner a loan deal until the end of the season, To be fair Bill was a cracking defensive midfielder and just what we need at present. As West Ham are clearly an equal opportunity club and do not allow age to get in the way his 71 years should not be an issue, just as long as his hip operation has now fully healed.

There were rumours that we had conversations with Ryan Giggs after Slav was sacked, they broke down however when it became apparent Ryan thought he was being interviewed about the managers job whilst Sulley wanted him on the wing.
  • Plenty of players still play to a high standard at 36 Lampard / Maldini /Pirlo /Bonds
  • Hutton / Pearces

I don't feel that the frustration is either about him kicking that fan or about him being 36. Nobody is saying that a 36 can't be good at football because plenty are. I think that a combination of him not having played in 4 months and being 36 makes people wary of the signing.
  • alderz

Yeah, it was meant to be rhetorical.

If we trust Moyes to be any good, then I don't get why we don't trust his judgement when it comes to signing Evra, was what I was trying to imply.
  • Welcome Patrice, please be good for us. ;scarf
  • Given the average age of our defence the board has announced that "the next level" aspirations will be put on hold until a stair lift has been installed.