Post-transfer discussions (inc is Zab a decent RB/signing)

Comments

• Championship is his level. I'd sell him to Villa. Just hope he keeps performing so that Villa do buy him.
  • I'd sell too. I think he could do a good job at certain clubs that suit him and we probably are not it. Even under a new manager. We also seem to excel going forward with pacy players - look at Masuaku & Antonio. I'd rather get a player who is a real threat dribbling at pace, or can press the opposition to defence at full speed. That's not Snodgrass - he's more of a hard worker with a good cross & set piece on him. I guess he's a worse version of when we had Stewart Downing and sold him back to Middlesbrough.
  • From our point of view I would be happy to have him on our bench as he is a capable player at times and many in the premiership would have a lot worse on their bench. However if I were him I think he is at the stage of his career when I would recognise I haven't got too many years left in me and I wouldn't want to spend time on anyone's bench. If we got 8m for him which I think would be fair we could likely get another squad player a little younger who may develop still into better.
  • Snodgrass is great in the final third. Problem is his place in the side needs players that can take the ball there
  • I know there was mention of him during the window, amazed we didn't sign him lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43189672
  • We've been linked with Hibs' John McGinn recently.

Tell you what, it wouldn't be a bad signing at all. Watching him in the Edinburgh derby and he's bossing the midfield. Keeps possession well, can pick a pass and is very tenacious.
  • I wonder if the daves are tempted to try and sign Zlatan for the final few games of the season to try and help us stay up. I wouldn’t put it past them...
  • Don't need him. We already have Hernandez but we cant get the ball to him so why would we get the ball to Zlatan?
  • I think Zlatan would be great fun ;wahoo
  • Man Utd at home - we can all guess the script...
  • Yes barracks a diving header top corner wrong net lol
  • I’d be over the moon if we got Redmond from Southampton in the summer.
  • Zlatan scored a cracker on his debut for LA today and then the winner
  • Back to Zaha think he’s done well, worry about Byrams injury record and progress, but the real boost has been Ogbonna, it wasn’t that long ago some wanted him dropped.

Fernandes never looked like he’d been out so long and did very well
  • I hope Zaba doesn't think he's Zaha, and start diving all over the place... ;wink
  • I wouldn’t mind Ward-Prowse (?sp)
  • I wouldn’t mind Ward-Prowse (?sp)

Good shout
  • Wasn't he one of ours at one time?
  • Now that Moyes has converted Arnie to a striker, I think we have our 20 goal 15 goal-a-season striker that we have been looking for for so long.

Takes the pressure off a bit.
  • Dee - no, Zaha joined Palace when he was 12, grew up in Thornton Heath. I was impressed with his consistency yesterday, he even fell over while challenging Oxlade-Chamberlain in the build up to Salah's goal
  • I think Dee meant Ward-Prowse?
  • Ward-Prowse joined Saints when he was 8 although apparently he grew up a Pompey fan. That can't have been easy.....
  • I've been a fan of Ward-Prowse since he got into their team the year we both came up. He is a fantastic passer and crosser of the ball, excellent from set pieces and works as hard as anyone.

He's not got masses of pace, but he's extremely versatile - MC, AM, RW and started as a RB.
  • Always odd buying from teams going down, on the one hand they have generally been very poor that season...like Redmond hasn't got a single goal....but they are still good players

Personally of the current bottom 3 you gotta be looking at Shaquiri, Butland, Evans, Romeu, Bertrand and Allen

Think all 6 of those could get into our first XI, although can imagine there will be a good lot of competition

Think there a good few decisions to be made in the summer with a few areas in need of an upgrade/cover, but primary focus should be on GK and DM imo

Interesting to see how Mario performs these last few games, he was great against Southampton but hasn't done it very often (who has tho) and will cost a fairly big chunk of our budget whether we have a loan-to-buy deal or not

I agree though MrsGrey that Arnie has become our 15 goal striker thanks to Moyes, so thats a little relieving
  • In spite of a supposed overhaul of our transfer methods we still can’t escape the fact that our owners won’t be able or perhaps willing to put their hands in their pockets for players who are a marked step up. We might get one £30m perhaps, but that will only get you someone like a deeney or Cairney these days. With this in mind, I don’t think it is at all a bad idea to pick off a player or two from a club Southampton if they go down. After all they are a club which doesn’t mind selling...
  • We seem to be doing some business.. I don't really follow the Championship, anyone with an opinion on these two?

Are they PL 11 or squad fillers?

--
    According to the very reliable source @ExWHUemployee we are very close to dealing deals for both Tom Cairney and Ryan Fredericks from Fulham who have been selected for the championship team of the season
  • Just our luck that we look to sign the “other” Fulham Ryan
  • Well if they get promoted, I can't see Fulham selling both of them.
  • My previous comment was a little tongue in cheek. Looking to sign better players from the top end of the champ would seem to be on paper a potentially good thing