Watford (H) Match Thread 10.02.18 15:00

Comments

• Also, Zab was outstanding today. As was Antonio, who's taken way too much unfair flak about his commitment and all other kinds of rubbish, just because his form hasn't been quite the same recently.
  • 3 very valuable points I think ;biggrin
  • I think everyone played really well, worked really hard, and showed some quality. Adrian made a few good saves, the defence all dealt with everything Watford threw at them, the midfield was solid, the wingbacks energetic, and the front three showed menace and quality on the ball ;ok
  • 5 games unbeaten at The London Stadium for the very first time ;biggrin
  • It was one of those games where the win was probably more important than the performance, so to get both is a big bonus.
  • edited February 2018
    Think lukerz was trying a bit of reverse physcoligy erlier saying he thort zab would be in trouble, but it worked
  • One thing that this has proved is that Lukerz sister picked the wrong card
  • 6 points off 7th place.
  • Joao Mario looks a player looking forward to seeing Hernandez / Antonio / Arnie / Mario / Lanzini
  • You've got to love BBC reporting:

'West Ham, who started the day three points above the relegation zone, are six points clear of 18th spot.'

Literally written three inches from the Premier League table which shows West Ham on 30 points and Stoke on 25 ;doh
  • Such a massive win. Without it and having to play Man U, man c, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool still would have been a massive worry. It still is, but psychologically gettIng to 30 points is a big step
  • Great 1st half & a strong defensive 2nd ...
    Most important was result & we got it...
    Lots of positives , Arnie , Chicharito ... Antonio back in the team...

And a for a MOM 1st half performance for me was Cheikh...
    He's certainly had his critics this season, but well played ....

;scarf
  • We can now stop worrying when Little Pea scores because we can win when he does so. ;biggrin
  • Zabaleta was mom for me. Such a naturally gifted footballer. Great balance and decision making. Antonio was the match winner though.
  • MrsGrey said:

Although, ... the fans had left in their droves before the final whistle.

Why???????

Stay and applaud the team, surely? They're (some of them) quick enough to moan and boo, saying it's up to the players to give them something to cheer about.

But when they do, the fans (some of them) have already left. ;angry

This is the saddest thing about the new stadium at the moment for me. So many empty seats before the end of the game. Can't understand it at all, especially when we're winning.

Even when Carroll scored the winner against WBA, the stadium was half empty by then. What kind of support is that?

I have to say, I haven't been to the stadium yet. Are people leaving early because it's a nightmare to get out? Nightmare on the trains/tubes unless you leave early?

Very strange otherwise.
  • The key question is:

can Herb remember what he ate or drank?
  • BBC
    "Javier Hernandez has scored in three of his past four Premier League games for West Ham (three goals), as many as he'd scored in in his opening 17 this season (four goals)."
    BBC 3 = 4 ??????
  • I just came here to post the same ;lol

Another gem.
  • he’s played more than 21 games. So 3 in the first 17, 1 in the next X, and 3 in the last 4. Stupid stat, but there you go
  • The key question is:

can Herb remember what he ate or drank?

Not really and to make things worse I can't have a beer in my present condition, but I am cheered up. ;biggrin

COYI
  • edited February 2018
    One of those quite then heart in your mouth games.

A fabulous 3 points.

;scarf
  • A better performance than first meets the eye in my book as Watford were very physical and fast at times and our defence stood really firm against them and refused to be bullied or pushed too far back.

I love Chicos attitude as you can recognise his time here has been frustrating for him yet always takes to the pitch looking really hungry, I actually feel the man of our season is Arnie and I don't think it a coincidence that he was back and we got a result that looked improbable after our awful defeat at Brighton. I don't think it's too much to say that Stoke may actually get relegated due to selling him, as he is everything they need at present.

Great 3 points, a couple more wins and a couple of draws and I think we will be safe.
  • edited February 2018
    Anyone else notice this: When Arnie scored, Byram ran over to him and grabbed Collins' head to celebrate (thinking it was Arnie as he had dyed his hair ;lol ;lol ;lol )
  • Arnie, Lanzini, Hernandez and Antonio on r pitch at the same time is gonna be a lot of fun to watch. I do like the look of Jordan also. Wish he got 15-20 mins today. Seems to have more pace than I first thought, but like Arnie.
  • I liked that his first action today was to back into the CB and throw him to the ground
  • Great result, clean sheet and a decent performance to boot.

If I wished to nitpick I was slightly puzzled by some of the subs, Mario was not top of my list to come off first. I thought that Jordon looked keen and am in agreement with Ibe, I wish he had been given 20 mins or so.

Good day overall

• Good performance today could of had more goals today . We handled Watford really well and I actually felt comfortable watching us for once . 3 points no injuries happy days
  • we can give Jordan 20 mins against Liverpool when we are 3 up ;biggrin
  • If I wished to nitpick I was slightly puzzled by some of the subs, Mario was not top of my list to come off first.

I actually thought it was a good substitution. I thought Mario had quite a poor game. He made a couple of good passes and crosses but his effort was lacking (he rarely tried to close people down) and his touch was poor.

Don’t get me wrong though. I like him and think he’s played well since he’s come into the side.
  • I have just got back & seen the score & I'm delighted.I know Moyes has his own thread but I reckon a bit of praise is in order.There is still plenty of hard work to do but I reckon we'll survive & back in November I thought we looked like certainties for the drop.
This discussion has been closed.