TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• If we have to sell to buy and need a midfielder song would be good till end of the season
    Better than Obiang Fernandez Cullen and possibly noble
  • I thought Song was rubbish in his second season with us and doesn't warrant a third
  • Lukerz said:

Going in insultingly low just seems to me like a complete waste of time and an ego thing.

If you know a club wanes £20m, maybe they £16m and some bonuses or a player exchange. Then work your way up.

You don’t go in at £10m.

It's nothing to do with ego. If there are no other offers you'd have to be off your rocker to pay whatever they ask straight away.

Fair enough if they've had offers of £15M plus and you go in with £10M. Then it's pointless and derisory.

If they've got no other offers than who cares what they value the player at. The player is worth what somebody will buy them for. At least try your luck low and then edge upwards as it progresses.
  • Sky saying Jordan Hugill on his way to West Ham now.
  • Hope he doesn’t know the way, having said that Moyes ex Preston so maybe he has some inside knowledge
  • edited January 2018

(Inkersol)... goes to all the pre/post match conferences so id be pretty sure he has contacts at the club.

He might want to get some better ones, then.
  • Never heard of the bloke.... According to Wiki

Hugill is a target man forward, has great strength and is able to out-muscle opposition defenders.
  • 1 in 4.5 record in the champ. ;wahoo
  • MrsGrey said:

(Inkersol)... goes to all the pre/post match conferences so id be pretty sure he has contacts at the club.

He might want to get some better ones.
    Why?

Things change in football. Almost by the hour. Doesn’t mean his contacts were wrong originally with the info they supplied him.
  • So 51 new posts, nobody signed, one #fakenews on twitter.
  • seems like we nearly sold Haksabanovic, I guess Moyes hasn;t been impressed..

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132140

• Looks good to me.

A big strong, mobile lad.

;wahoo
  • The report says we pulled out as we don’t have a replacment - why would someone who doesn’t play in the first team in the league need replacing?? ;hmm
  • Lukerz said:

Why?

Things change in football. Almost by the hour. Doesn’t mean his contacts were wrong originally with the info they supplied him.

Well, some 40 mins between his tweets.

Did he say it was a new, higher bid, or that his first tweet was incorrect?
  • Never heard of Hughill but I had n't heard of Antonio until we signed him either
  • My inside man at preston

"Looks like I might have been wrong, Hugill to the Hammers looks like it might be happening. Palace supposedly interested as well though.

I’m really struggling to see why a PL club would be looking to buy him. More money than sense. "

I want Smalov
  • BBC Deadline Day ticker says we've agreed a fee of between £18m & £20m with Swansea for Andre Ayew.
  • It’s going to kick off at 10.55pm
  • 19 then alderz I’d have took ten
  • Personally I would not sell Ayew unless we had a replacement coming in (unless Mario was the replacement ;hmm ).

This Hugill chap hasn't been mentioned anywhere on the BBC thread, for what it's worth.
  • If the Hugill transfer is actually true, to me, it's the kind of signing I think fits with Moyes whole vibe and ethic.

He will hopefully be bursting at the seams to prove himself and grab a chance he will never get again.

Moyes is building an earthy, hardworking side and this kind of signing and character might appeal to that much more than somebody who could be using the club as a stepping stone or as a payday.

Some of his goals in that video are decent, too.
  • Hugill replacement for Sakho I Imagine, Mario for Ayew leaving funds for a. n other
  • Reckon we’ll get Dendoncker
  • I have a feeling it will be Dendonker and a striker (cheap or loan) that we will get with Ayew leaving.
  • Hope so Lukerz.

Hugill or Smolov? Obvious pros and cons to both. To be honest, either can only improve on our current situation up front, particularly if Ayew is off.

I see the OS has put out an article about Arnautovic being back soon. The cynic in me wonders if this is designed to soften the blow if we don't bring in a forward ;hmm
  • Luke & Tom, is there something the rest of us should know ;wink
    Inside info?..!!
  • Alderz - did you see how I set you up for all those "agrees" ;biggrin

I guess it's a big NO then for Song. ;lol
  • edited January 2018
    If 18-20m were on the table for Ayew I would grab it, replacement or not. Even with a dozen injuries he is not missed. Swansea are the only team mad enough to come up with this kind of offer - if they get relegated the chance will be gone come the summer
This discussion has been closed.