Other FA Cup 4th round ties (as seen through claret+blue tinted glasses)

2»

Comments

• Thorn I’m just very disheartened at the seemingly constant under par performance in the cup. To win the cup you have to beat the best and in the cup this can happen. I just wish we gave ourselves the best opportunity to win it every year. I feel like I’m going to go to my grave without us ever really going for it again.
  • Been to three and at 54 want to go to another couple and champions league cus think our chairman nearly almost promised me it
  • Moving to the stadium has had its challenges and I think that it will take some cup games against clubs like Man City to build new confidence in the team and stadium.

Memorable games where we overcome adversity, hopefully under lights, is how you keep supporters coming and ensure that new generations develop a love for the stadium and Claret n blue in their veins.

Now I know I am being a little sentimental and in all probability Citeh would have wiped the floor with us, especially now, but I would have felt a lot of excitement leading up to the game, the blend of anticipation and not a little fear can be intoxicateing
  • Years ago it was all about the fairytale,the history the underdog now it’s just another game and I blame Man Utd for that
  • Chicago, and you don't get a hangover with a blend of anticipation and fear instead of blended scotch. ;biggrin