Joao Mario confirmed

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

He's not the one in the middle, right? ;pray

That is Dennis Wise and I claim my £5
  • That photo looks like Joao has had a bit of a lightbulb moment... ;hmm
  • No mention of an option to buy though ;hmm
  • Interesting that he states that Fonte kept calling him and telling him he should join especially given the rumours that Fonte wants out.
  • He looks like a little Winston Reid
  • No mention of an option to buy though ;hmm

Yes, I had seen an article from football italia a couple of days ago saying there was no option to buy.
  • edited January 2018
    For me it’s a pointless signing with no option. Just a 4 month loan. He’ll take a month to acclimatise and get up to PL speed.

Good luck Mario ;ok
  • I agree with that Luke but hopefully if he does do well he will enjoy his time here and we will sign him.
  • There may not be an option to buy but there is always an option to bid.
  • Interesting that he states that Fonte kept calling him and telling him he should join especially given the rumours that Fonte wants out.

Found this interesting too, Thorn.
    I actually think he's really committed to the club. I think his wife's family are all West Ham fans and if anyone else on here follows him on Instagram, he always likes west ham pages and comments when we're playing. Pretty sure he's here to stay. Im happy with this, before his injury he was our best defender IMO - also gives us the option of playing Rice at DM.
  • “Jose explained to me a little more about the Club and also the song we have, I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles and that, of course, it was really important for me to join West Ham!

~he signed for the song
  • “Jose explained to me a little more about the Club and also the song we have, I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles and that, of course, it was really important for me to join West Ham!

~he signed for the song

God you worried me then, thort you meant we had signed Rigober song again phew
  • Far from pointless, imo, Lukerz.

Haven't people been worried about us being short of numbers, and how we were going to cope without Lanzini?

So, the club have signed a player who clearly has ability, in just the areas we are short of.

Surely that's a good thing, no?

Options to buy are pretty meaningless, imo.

All it guarantees is how much the selling club would ask for IF the player would be prepared to move.

There's no guarantee a player will commit to a permanent move.

Seems to me Milan have already written him off, so it's up to us to make him feel like he would like a permanent move with us.
  • Who cares if there’s no option better this way proven international ok might take time to settle but better than bill blogs from Outer Mongolia for nothing, you never know might come here feel wanted play a few games and want to come permanently no good keeping unhappy player imo
  • edited January 2018
    Ok- how do you pronounce his first name then ? - I'm calling him Joey ;puzzled
  • Jo-ow?

Sounds like an imminent injury, so need a better version - hopefully ;ok
  • Ex says we have an option but it’s £39m.
  • Lol imagine our owners paying that amount for anyone. No option to buy basically
  • NWC was on the money !! ;biggrin
  • We are basically providing him with a stage to show everyone what he can do. The pressure will be on him for sure. The one thing he won’t have a lot of is tIme - he will have to hit the straps pretty much straightaway. There’s a massive incentive for him to do well in his time with us. I’m fascinated to see how this pans out because I am sure Moyes will start playing him pretty much straightaway
  • Hamstew said:

Lol imagine our owners paying that amount for anyone. No option to buy basically

Wouldn’t worry next week he will be in bed four of the treatment table
  • Do we know when he last played in terms of match fitness?
  • Jan 5th - subbed off after 65 minutes.
  • That'll do put him in tomorrow!