Rush Green

13»

Comments

• Apologies for not being clearer all we have spent from day one is 5mil on our ground, anyone can look up how much other clubs have invested in there training grounds and will see very quickly how we have once again underinvested.
    Its ok saying we have chadwell heath and little heath however conditions there are so bad bilic made the club move the players early..
  • I'm not sure what difference having a £20m training facility makes. You still have to go to Wigan, or anywhere else, with whatever players you have and put in a performance. Having a nice shiny building won't have any impact on that.
  • Ironherb I see your point, however I think its the underinvestment yet again in another area of our club I'm getting at
  • So are you saying the facilities are not fit for purpose?

As a result of not spending enough?
  • I am Mrs Grey and from people that I personally have been contractors on the site say they are very surprised at how basic it is..
    We can all look at the glossy photos but estate agents photos are very good at making a very average house look good
  • With regards to not fit for purpose Chadwell Heath was that for many years
  • Good enough for Messi and co to play a warm-up game on.

What is it that the contractors feel is missing?
  • edited January 2018
    Macca85 said:

I am Mrs Grey and from people that I personally have been contractors on the site say they are very surprised at how basic it is..

Well, I am more interested in the sports facilities. As long as they have spent what is required on getting top notch training facilities (pitches, gym equipment, rehab facilities etc) I think that is a fair investment.

If by 'basic' they mean the journos* don't get posh leather chairs to sit on or the managers office is a working area without luxury fixtures and fittings, and the walls weren't painted with Farrow and Ball paint, I'm not bovvered. I don't call that under-investment.

Others may disagree, and prefer to see lavish spending on superficial appearances.

*except outcast - if he is ever there to do an interview he should get a whole sofa to sit on, and it should be very posh.

• I think its the general size of the place and the fact we have areas of the club spread over 3 training grounds one which is 100% not fit for purpose in chadwell heath.
    My client at work works for a top end electrical contractor and has done a lot of clubs work and hes west ham through and through and admits it falls well below par.
    Just saying
  • Sorry, Macca, but well below par in relation to which facilities?

If the pitches are good (and they are meant to be) and the other training facilities (gym, recovery) etc, are up to snuff, I'm not sure what the issue is.
  • I think he means it's not shiny enough. I've been to Rush Green and apart from the buildings, which are basically the old Ford Sports and Social complex, the pitches, gym, canteen and press room looked ok to me. (Not that I'm an expert in these things).
  • At some point with the number of injuries we have you question the methods, it’s not just unlucky you have to look at the facilities, are ours up to it? I don’t know the answer to that but it seems smaller clubs appear to be spending more
  • Grey

Ive only been on the site a short while and whilst I think you try and bring a certain balance to each subject which is obviously more than fair, I do get the impression that you are very pro the club and they very rarely put a foot wrong.
    It gives me know pleasure in knocking the club that I love and sometimes they get things right and sometimes they get things painfully wrong.
  • Macca

I'm not especially pro or anti, I just like, you know, facts and stuff.

;biggrin

#statlyfe #factlyfe
  • Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley, 24, may have suffered a hamstring injury which, if confirmed, would make the Englishman the eighth player at the club to suffer such a problem this season.

Have we been hiring out Rush Green? ;lol
  • Properly Iron herb looking at our constant injury list
  • Arsenal have loads of injuries and a swanky training ground. Injuries are just a part of football that are annoying but other clubs have the same problem as us
  • I see club is spending 4m on chadwell Heath
  • Feel the club need a facility where all the squads can play within proximity of each other

But I guess that's long term, any investment is something positive although the club's infrastructure is still a worry imo
  • What advantage is there in having the Academy, Women and Mens team in close proximity training wise?
  • Maybe just makes sense financially
  • IronHerb said:

What advantage is there in having the Academy, Women and Mens team in close proximity training wise?

Or trouble
  • edited September 2018
    I thought the (p)lan was to sell Chadwell Heath will all training done at the refurbished Rush Green ;hmm

I can’t keep up.
  • At first I thought "Who's Ian?"

I then realised you missed the p.
    ;lol
  • I thought the (p)lan was to sell Chadwell Heath will all training done at the refurbished Rush Green ;hmm

I can’t keep up.

Jogg’d past Chadwell Heath
    it’s is alive and kicking
    Stewards,fans in high spirits people seem to be happy to be there.
  • imagelost said:

I thought the (p)lan was to sell Chadwell Heath will all training done at the refurbished Rush Green ;hmm

I can’t keep up.

Jogg’d past Chadwell Heath
    it’s is alive and kicking
    Stewards,fans in high spirits people seem to be happy to be there.
    Apparently we done arsenal last week