Rush Green

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Considering our U23s are in the top division its not that big of an issue. We just sign an awful lot of useless players. I dont think the Daves even listen to Tony Henry. How many striker is it that we are at now, we approaching 50 yet its a joke.
  • edited January 2018
    IZwT, did you read my earlier post? I am not saying I disbelieve the thing you copied ad pasted. I'm saying that alone is not enough to base a judgement on.

As I said, if you want to compare how much the two clubs spent on their training facilities, you will need to get the full picture.

If the £7m (L1 club spend) includes land purchase, all new building, new pitches etc as that one-off project cost, then you have to compare like with like. You can't just take the L1 spend on the whole package and compare it to what we spend in 1 year on a refurb of just one part of our training facilities.

Well, obviously you can, but its not a fair comparison. imo.
  • Mrs G you can factor in what you like, go on forever, the point is a PL club with £180m income is being outspent by a League one side in the training ground area.

Our training ground we now used as an asset for a loan facility, doesn’t sound great does it?

7 years on we're still borrowing from Peter to pay Paul
  • Am I typing in Greek? Is there something wrong with how I'm explaining it?

Can anybody help?
  • Yes because whatever way it’s papered over the league 1 club as spent so far more than the premier league club or as our 5 mil been spent better, than there 7 ?
  • ? so far ... over what time scale?
  • Think the point being made is not timescales but financial figures
  • No, you said has spent so far So I was wondering when you started counting from.

As an aside, can someone tell us which club it is.
  • I think Mrs Grey is asking whether £5m is everything the club has spent or just within a certain time period - is it possible the club actually spent more than £7m overall.

According to that article Grey shared, about £1m was spent on buying the facility and £4m renovating it. Would be hard to see how much more could’ve been spent since 2009 but maybe. Though that article annoys me - it’s just a bunch of fancy words about what kind of tech or grass is in the facilities with very little context about whether that stuff is any good.
  • The C&Clueless article said:

West Ham have promised to invest over £12m in the 29 acre site
    Is that more or less than the League 1 side?

Does anyone have any figures for what (if anything) the club has put in over and above the £4m?
  • MrsGrey said:

No, you said has spent so far So I was wondering when you started counting from.

As an aside, can someone tell us which club it is.

That’s why I said so far meaning we could spend more in the long run
  • outcast/grey ;ok

In addition to finding out everything we have spent on Rush Green, what else have we spent on our other training facilities at different locations?

I want to know the full bill/amount of spend.
  • You’re not typing Greek Mrs G, you’re trying to defend the club, that’s fine it’s your prerogative and all that

Personally I don’t believe the owners have done nearly enough when you look at the whole picture and some of the quotes they were attributed with, perhaps they needed to set a more realistic expectation with fans?

Trouble is that probably doesn’t sell 52k season tickets in our rented home does it
  • edited January 2018
    Cuz1 said:

That’s why I said so far meaning we could spend more in the long run

Or might have already spent more in the long run...

which is exactly my point.

We don't know. (But could find out.)
  • MrsGrey said:

outcast/grey ;ok

In addition to finding out everything we have spent on Rush Green, what else have we spent on our other training facilities at different locations?

I want to know the full bill/amount of spend.

I’m sure over time you can find it, what I posted is the hear and now, what we’ve spend fairly recently, fine it amazing that claret and no clue numbers are being banded about as gospel when it requires it, the biggest club mouthpiece out there except for SD&CC
  • You’re not typing Greek Mrs G, you’re trying to defend the club, that’s fine it’s your prerogative and all that

I am not!!

I am trying to get at the truth.

If, once all the figures are in, they shows the club has invested less on its training facilities than the as yet unidentified League 1 club, I will say..

Ooh look, the club has invested less in its training facilities than the as yet unidentified league 1 club.
  • edited January 2018
    Correct recently they have imo or at least not to the extent you’d expect a PL team with those revenues vs a team from League 1

• Personally I don’t believe the owners have done nearly enough when you look at the whole picture and some of the quotes they were attributed with

Fair enough. That's YOUR prerogative.

• Slizzy

amazing that claret and no clue numbers are being banded about as gospel when it requires it,
    Who said they were 'gospel'? Anywhere? What is the benefit of saying stuff that is clearly not true?

And that's a bit rich, frankly, Slizzy, since you are often happy to post with no source whatsoever.

• edited January 2018
    Izzy you must have missed this ...
    MrsGrey said:

So, take your pick of the £3m, £4m £5m that have been posted

I'm not taking anything as gospel.

Where did you get your figures from, and are you taking THEM as gospel?
  • Grey you’ve berated that site, but now use their numbers in order to support an opinion/debate as fact?

I post with no source for ONE reason only, I’m not going to break the confidence

Okay?

;ok
  • Slizzy

I said that was what had been reported, and where it came from.

I didn't claim it was necessarily true.

It is a statement of fact, and as such can be shown to be either true or false.

Personally, when you post with no source, I think it would help if you mentioned that it can't be verified (beyond your word that you were told it.)
  • Preston, ta ;ok
  • Grey we’ve gone over this a few times, I won’t ever give up the name, unless I know it’s okay to do so.

So I forget to put the small print, sorry my bad.

I wouldn’t ever put anything just for the sake of it, if I put it then I genuinely believe it to be true

;ok
  • Slizzy

I've never asked you to give any name.

It seems to me that when you post in that context, you assume that everyone knows that you have a source you aren't prepared to reveal, when in fact it comes across as though you have seen something, and just haven't said where.

This happens because you make statements of fact about things which can not be verified.

Personally, I can't see why you can't say 'my mate', or 'an ITK I trust' to make it clear when you are saying what they have told you.

Nothing to do with small print, and everything to do with clarity and courtesy.
  • Preston, it was April 2016.
  • edited January 2018
    If it was just a general rumour off Twitter I’d say so, we’ve been round this block before, so I don’t think to put a specific comment each time, jeez grey you’ll want a contract and t&c’s soon ;biggrin

Hang on so I’m not showing courtesy now, okay fine.

;waveysmiley
  • Ok, Sir Alex Ferguson has already opened it ;lol