The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• edited February 2018
    I'm not sure Luke.

To get to 36 they need 16 points with 12 games to go. (assuming 36 is enough to avoid the drop).

They can't afford to lose... what more than 4 games? Leaving 8 games to get 16 points: 4 wins, 4 draws?

At home - Huddersfield, Burnley, Swansea, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs

Away - Man U, Newcastle, Palace, Chelsea, Watford, Bournemouth.

I think they are gone, personally.

(I wonder if they miss Pulis and his clean sheets? )
  • I doubt it somehow.
  • No, probably not. Not now they've got exciting attacking football to watch.

(With reference to my earlier comment... they've won 3 games all season.)
  • Actually Pardew wins 4-3 on clean sheets over Pulls this season. ;whistle
  • Pulis - 14 games - 12 points
    Pardew - 12 games - 8 points

Pardew has won 50% fewer games than Pulis ;wink
  • So lose tonight and pulis wins
  • The question was about clean sheets. ;wink
  • I would recommend changing them once a week.
  • I think 37 points will be the hurdle this season
  • IronHerb said:

The question was about clean sheets. ;wink

... but (despite your chosen #statattack) wasn't referring to just this season.
  • I'd be over the moon if Palace went down.
  • OK.
    Pullis at West Brom 27.52% clean sheets
    Pardew 33.33%

Pardew inherited Pullis squad. The football is better. They are still a poor team.
  • If Pardew managed to save West Brom from here, he would be an absolute legend
  • Agree barracks, they in a stickier situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun
  • Certainly it is the tightest I have ever seen the PL, as I think most years are, but this season it definately is, very difficult to predict who will go down as it’s so tight up the table, a poor run of a couple of games and a lot of the teams can be in trouble.
    I think Newcastle will be ok strangely and as I previously said I have more respect for Rafa after he stayed with Newcastle when they went down and brought them straight back up.
  • It'll be down to the last game. And Swansea v Stoke; Palace v West Brom look like sudden death for two of them. Whereas we're sitting pretty playing Everton...oh ;hmm
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43049564 Do Premier League teams really need 40 points to avoid relegation?

Gracenote uses its Euro Club Index ranking of top-flight clubs and then runs season simulations one million times to estimate the chance of each team being relegated....
    WHU 9th out of 11, with a 6% chance of relegation.

#lookingupnotdown

• So Gracenote say 34 or less will likely see you relegated.
  • This season ;ok
  • alderz said:

So Gracenote say 34 or less will likely see you relegated.

That means we can only have one 5-game losing streak during our remaining games ;whistle
  • MIAHammer said:

alderz said:

So Gracenote say 34 or less will likely see you relegated.

That means we can only have one 5-game losing streak during our remaining games ;whistle
    Looks like a doddle to me ;lol
  • Good FA cup results for us so far with Swansea taken to a replay and Sothampton and Brighton through to the next round, more games, injuries and potential cards, every little helps as they say.
  • I saw a link on the BBC with a stats company giving relegation % for the teams at the bottom. WBA 80% chance to go down, we are 6%, so almost a cert then ;lol
  • It was a bad set of FA Cup results as we weren't involved.
  • edited February 2018
    Well depends. Some of those teams we still have to play in the league. So any fixture build up for them is handy for us I guess.

Especially since 3 of those teams we have to play will probably still have Champions League commitments alongside FA Cup commitments....(maybe not Chelsea though :P )
  • Talking of us not being in it I am looking forward to seeing how Wigan get on against City this evening. Although City are a whole different proposition to ourselves I thought Wigan really came at us and you would never at any stage have thought there were so many league places between us. They have home advantage again and if City rest a few as we did it could actually be a match worth watching.
  • Since they beat us Wigan have had a run of poor form in league 1

Not coming into this in the best of form,but youd imagine they can raise their game for this
  • And it's unlikely we will put out such a weak team again this season.
  • IronHerb said:

It was a bad set of FA Cup results as we weren't involved.

Really.......?????

Rochdale drew ;biggrin ;biggrin ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.