Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Bournemouth H - Match Thread - 20.01.18 - 3pm

Three big questions

1 ) Will we be able to fill our whole team sheet

2 ) Do we actually need to

3 ) Are we allowed to beat Bournemouth - they are after all such a decent, honest team?

Payback time
Cuz1NobleWorldClassMoojor

Comments

• Bournemouth have been denied a stonewall penalty against Arsenal.

Oh well ;biggrin
    baracks_a_hammerSuzanneClaret
  • And now they've conceded.

Real, real shame.

;biggrin
    baracks_a_hammer
  • "Handball"
  • And now they're winning
  • Rats.

Oh well, so long as we smash them next weekend.
  • I can’t be cross at this result, Arsenal loosing is very funny.
    whupathman
  • I think Brighton are the only team in the bottom half going into this weekend who lost.
  • Were Huddersfield not 11th coyi
  • Back to the league and some revenge to deploy.....
    whupathman
  • Lots of booing for the handball cheat, followed by cries of handball every time he gets a touch in order
    MunichHammerMrsGreyHammerdublin
  • Same team as last week?

We should be able to fill the bench given Oxford is back from injury.
  • Adrian
    Collins Ogbonna Cresswell
    Zaba Kouyate Noble Obiang Masuaku
    Arnie Lanzini

Injuries permitting I think we will see this from Moyes

Personally I'd like to see Hernandez up front for Kouyate which will allow Lanzini to drop a bit deeper

Don't think we will be able to counter as often in this given we are at home as there is greater impetus on us to control the game...plus Bournemouth will be wary after the Huddersfield performance

A big 3 points here and we should be pretty safe sitting at 28 points from 24 games, can start relaxing a little
    puddleglumhammers
  • Lots of booing for the handball cheat, followed by cries of handball every time he gets a touch in order

To right and send them home after a heavy defeat
  • I won't relax until we are mathematically safe ! A win here and against Palace and things will be looking a lot better but when do West Ham ever do things the easy way
    WHU_Champo_league_in_7_yearsSlojo
  • The perfect game for Hernandez to start with Lanzini and Arnie.
    Can't see it happening though ;puzzled
    Slojo
  • Is Hernandez fit to play?
  • The performances against Newcastle and WBA suggest that we have not quite yet worked out the formation and tactics for the home games. The 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation and counter attacking in away games has worked well, but in home games the expectation is for us to attack most teams and we have not really resolved that. The 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 formation leaves us vulnerable. May be we currently don't the personnel for that game and we lack creativity in midfield. I am sure that Moyes is working on it. That said, let us keep the team that thrashed Huddersfield though I am not sure who might change the game if we fall behind.
  • Adrian
    Collins - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Zabaleta - Noble - Obiang - Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic - Chicharito

Not sure we need three CM’s and the back five at home to Bournemouth. Problem is with Sakho and Carroll and the transfer rumours, if Hernandez isn’t fit, we only have Ayew, so will have to be the same team as Huddersfield.
    TwistandShoutSlojopuddleglumhammers
  • 23 goals in our last five matches against Bournemouth. Looking forward to going to this one.
  • If collins is still here....

;pray
  • Bournemouth losing 3-0 to Wigan
  • P_L_F,

Just conserving energy for Saturday.
  • (From Beeb match report)

Bournemouth
    They have not won on the road since 4 November and are without a clean sheet in 13 games.
    Afobe could have had a hat-trick yet remains without a goal since 24 October.
    So...
  • ... enter West Ham ;wahoo
  • But, aren't Bournemouth that lovely little team that everyone in the meejah adore ;hmm
    epsom_bubblesMoojor
  • edited January 19
    This isn’t going to be easy.

Since Bournemouth got promoted, we’ve played them 5 times, conceding 11 goals; 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw.

They are in good form. The way they play you would assume there will be goals in this, but I can see it being a tricky game and don’t expect the win others are. They will cause us issues with their pacy attacking players.

2-2
  • We scored 12 in that time but carry on looking at the negatives.
    Cuz1NobleWorldClass
  • Bournemouth's form matches ours, four games since the last loss with two draws, two wins and neither of us managing to keep a clean sheet in the last five.

We've scored 12 and conceded 9, they've scored 9 and conceded 11. We've scored every game while the only time they've not scored was 0-4 against City.

Lawro has us winning 2-0, the bookies fancy 2-0

So that's a 0-0 yawnathon on the cards.......

Here's one for Callum Wilson

And here's one for Andy Carroll

imagelost