Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Huddersfield A Match Thread - 13.01.18 3pm

Right you lot, I’m quite enjoying this match thread lark and I’ve no particular desire to pass the baton to anyone else any time soon - in fact I plan to take us sailing towards and past 30 points at least!

Really hoping Arne and Lanzini can be reunited for this one. Rice deserves to keep his place. Gotta be Noble back in for Cheikh I would have thought.
Hammerwombatwhupathman

Comments

• edited January 7
    I think Arnie will be OK. The commentator on our game today said that he wasn't carrying a hamstring injury, but had 'tightness' and so was being rested to avoid actually getting an injury.
  • Rice deserves to start.
  • He might have to whether he deserves to or not. Reid (groin) and Cresswell (back) are both doubts.
  • Chances of us signing anyone before the game?

Cullen deserves at least the bench for this one, but I'd still like to see a new midfielder in.
  • Me too.

Nobes should be ok for this game but we need some else who can play in his role when he can’t, can Cullen fit in whilst we search.
  • Adrian
    Reid - Ogbonna - Rice
    Zabaleta - Noble - Cullen - Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic - Carroll
  • Lukerz that’s quite a small and one paced midfield. Would worry me a bit.
  • edited January 7
    Dodge ;ok

I agree but we don’t have anything else other than playing Lanzini there. Kouyate and Obiang cannot keep playing given their current displays.

I expect Moyes will go with Obiang.

Where’s Antonio these days?
  • Bench pressing twice hit body weight.
  • Lukerz said:

Adrian
    Reid - Ogbonna - Rice
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic - Carroll

Looks about right to me, Lukerz.

Do think we really need a bit of 'bite' in midfield. That's why i wouldn't mind Shelvey.
  • I would be extremely surprised to see Cullen start ahead of Obiang (not saying whether I want him to or not, because I'm not sure)
    Dodger58
  • alderz said:

I would be extremely surprised to see Cullen start ahead of Obiang (not saying whether I want him to or not, because I'm not sure)

Me neither he’s not ready yet but I’d play near as damn the same team in the replay and say go out there and put it right but maybe play Lanziniinstead of ayew for the creativity be enough to get through to the next round
  • Looks about right to me, Lukerz.

Do think we really need a bit of 'bite' in midfield. That's why i wouldn't mind Shelvey.

If you want "bite" in the midfield then Cullen might not be the best choice right now............
    Brother_SledgeDodger58MrsGreyKuchinghammeralderzNobleWorldClasseverhopefuljay_in_cptExpat_HammerTheMadcapLaughsMcHammerwhupathmanbillybondsbeardMoojor
  • I think Rice is our LB until Cresswell's back has recovered. Cullen as regular sub in MF, probably for Noble. The FA Cup disappointment did throw up Cullen as a 1st team contender. Pity Burke missed his chance, but give Oxford a try SAP and then pick one of them.
  • Lukerz said:

Adrian
    Reid - Ogbonna - Rice
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic - Carroll

About as good as it gets at the mo, would prefer Antonio to Carroll if and when fit. I do think this 3-4-1-2 is our best formation, with Lanzini in behind a couple of mobile forwards who press from the front. If Byram can get fit and live up to expectations at RWB then I think we have a decent first eleven. ;scarf

Again, looking forward to this game, we may well play rubbish, but at least I`m not dreading games like earlier in the season.
  • Nothing in Physio room about Antonio being injured. ?
  • I thought he was injured. Antonio for Carroll then. Although Carroll has staked a claim after his two great goals against West Brom. ;hmm
  • edited January 9
    Physioroom said Byram would be back for Boxing Day..............
  • Physioroom base all their dates on what is reported (in a reputable outlet) elsewhere. If nothing is reported, they don't change the original 'expected back' by.
  • Didnt Moyes say the other day that Antonio wasnt quite ready to join the squad just yet or he'd only just done so? Maybe he'll be alright for Hudds? More likely the game after Id imagine though.

I have a soft spot for Huddersfield ( the place ) as it was the only area I lived outside of London before coming to America ( not in an Eddie Murphy way ). However, we need 3 points.

A much improved performance is needed and we've not exactly covered ourselves in glory against the promoted sides this season ;doh

I thought out of all the 3 promoted ones, Huddersfield away wasnt going to be the easiest one when seeing them earlier this season ;hmm

I'd take a point if offered it now
  • Got to be targeting some points in the next 5 league games, Huddersfield (a) Bournemouth (h) Crystal Palace (h) Brighton (a) Watford (h). 15 points should be achievable. which would put us on 37 points and safety. but that is never going to happen but surely 8 points and sitting on 30 has got be a minimum target from those games if we want to remain in the league.
    TheMadcapLaughs
  • Yeold ;ok

Looking at the fixture list, I would think 10 points is the minimum acceptable from those games. Three wins and a draw should be achievable.
  • Our fate rests with these five games. 10 points min for me.
    Cuz1
  • edited January 9
    Bazshuayi said:

Didnt Moyes say the other day that Antonio wasnt quite ready to join the squad just yet or he'd only just done so? Maybe he'll be alright for Hudds? More likely the game after Id imagine though.

I have a soft spot for Huddersfield ( the place ) as it was the only area I lived outside of London before coming to America ( not in an Eddie Murphy way ). However, we need 3 points.

A much improved performance is needed and we've not exactly covered ourselves in glory against the promoted sides this season ;doh

I thought out of all the 3 promoted ones, Huddersfield away wasnt going to be the easiest one when seeing them earlier this season ;hmm

I'd take a point if offered it now

Taste the soup!!
  • Our fate rests with these five games. 10 points min for me.

We won’t get 10 points from those. They need them as much as us, if not more. 7/8 I’ll take.
  • Given our record agianst team we expect to get point sagianst i'd take 8

Adrian
    Reid Ogbonna Rice
    Zab Lanzini Obiang Noble Masuaka
    Arnie Carroll

Doubt cullen will start ahead of obiang, espeiclaly as he and noble are similar

Don't want antonio even close to the first XI untill hes 100% fit!!
  • Sam Inkersole (follows the club closely, with training reports and academy updates) says Arnie is fit for Huddersfield. So that’s good news. Also says Antonio is expected to play a part, but only limited minutes from the bench.
  • Byram is also back in training and return is imminent, which is good news. Got a good feeling about this game.
    Cuz1
This discussion has been closed.