Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Taming of the Shrews 07 Jan (FA cup Match Thread) and replay 16 January

Comments

• Hart showing why Adrian is 1st choice keeper...
    SuzanneClaretimagelostMrsGrey
  • It’s the senior pros that are letting us down.
    WHU_Champo_league_in_7_years
  • edited January 7
    Alderz I think we're agreeing

Suz, I agree they don't look out of place, unfortunately the senior pros are also just not good enough. This is Cullen & Burke's big opportunity to show Moyes they should be in his plans - but I don't think they are making a strong case.
  • Kouyate and Obiang have zero confidence their immediate thought when they get the ball is to go long
  • Eight of our starters play regularly for the first team and we produce one shot in the first half?

Embarrassing is an understatement...
  • Kouyate has been utterly dreadful for months.
    Hammerwombatchicagohammer
  • No surprise our senior players are lacking zip, is it?
    SuzanneClaretironmike44
  • Burke has been awful

Cullen looks alright
    chicagohammer
  • Poor 1st half.
    Arthur, Obiang & Cheikh have been borderline useless...
    No use lumping up to Ayew & Chicharito, just comes right back..

Need to move it around, only youth on the bench apart from Adrian..
    But I'd play Martinez from ht, he needs to be given a chance..
    coyi
  • Burke has not looked awful.
  • Grey ;ok

They look shattered. We need some changes I think
  • Take off Kouyate and Ayew and get some pace and players that actually look like they want to play

Hart
    Reid Ogbonna Rice
    Burke Cullen Obiang Masuaka
    Sead Martinez Hernandez
    Dodger58Ken_Egg
  • Thought Burke has been okay same with Cullen and Rice
    SuzanneClaret
  • One word that describes the Hammers first half performance....Pathetic.
  • Burke’s leg seems to swing a week too late
  • Kouyate and Obiang though we need 2 new midfielders. They simply aren't good enough. National league tactics against a League 1 side
  • Harsh words on Burke from Luke..
  • Wouldn't say awful but he's obviously struggling

Needs a proper winger in front of him as he doesn't have any option to ping it down the line as everyone is narrow
  • I just don’t think he’s good enough

We can try and praise him because he’s academy but I don’t think he’s shown anything meaningful
    Dodger58Slaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • Take Kouyate off and move Cullen into middle to do a Noble. Bring Samuelson on to be the creative (Lanzini role) and swap Ayew for Martinez. Simples.
    HammerexDodger58
  • edited January 7

Take off Kouyate and Ayew and get some pace and players that actually look like they want to play

Hart
    Reid Ogbonna Rice
    Burke Cullen Obiang Masuaka
    Sead Martinez Hernandez

Id be inclined to hook both Obiang and Kouyate. Get Martinez and Quina on. Move Cullen inside alongside Quina a go 3-4-3 get people running beyond the shrews full backs
  • Lukerz, I dont think he's been any worse than Reid who has barring one midfield break up of play has been caught out of position a few times and his long passing has been very poor for someone so experienced

Yeold I was tempted but risky playing 3 subs at HT
  • Shrewsbury hoofing it up which means we don't have time to control the ball before they are pressing us.

My mate the dedicated Orient fan has just put a bet on us to win 3-0 (40-1) cos he reckons Shrewsbury will get tired
  • Lukerz said:

I just don’t think he’s good enough

We can try and praise him because he’s academy but I don’t think he’s shown anything meaningful

I’m not. I’m saying what I see.
  • You can’t have two centre midfield players who can’t control the ball. Centre midfield has always made a side tick and this one can’t do that.
    Dodger58
  • Not impressed at all!
    However. They are playing a settled team and for Shrewsbury this is a special game. Kind of like how we often up our game for Spurs or Manchester.
    The tteam also seems rather unexperienced for a match where we are expected to do the playing.
    MrsGrey
  • Our midfielders don't want the ball, and when they get it, give it away. 51% pass completion is dreadful for a Premier League side.
    Dodger58
  • What was Hart doing leaving that ball ;whome
    Dodger58
  • Personally, I think Burke played alright first half. Cullen was ok, probably the best of the midfielders but that isn’t saying a lot. Rice the only one with credit
    Dodger58
  • I was brought up watching my team play proper football. Even when we were poor and got relegated we could still knock the ball around ( we were just poor at the back) properly.

These are in the main Prem players on very decent money. The least I expect is for them to have the ability to pass it to a team mate more often than not ( Im not even asking for clever or intricate ). This aimless lumping it forward ( plenty of the time not even near a forward! ) is embarrassing.

It no wonder I've been watching Liverpool and Man City for many months this season and last!

I dont ask or expect much from West Ham but they certainly know how to bore the pants the viewers. More (or some) quality please!!!
    Dodger58
This discussion has been closed.