Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Taming of the Shrews 07 Jan (FA cup Match Thread) and replay 16 January

Comments

• edited January 7
    Of course relegation would be terrible for everyone and I’m not so sure that we’d bounce straight back up either, it would be devasting for the Dave’s, their bank manager and the fact they’d really have to test that 50k waiting list Karren bangs on about.

There are plenty of older fans who would absolutely take a cup win along with relegation, as others have mentioned it’s about winning things.

For me today I’d definitely leave out anyone who had a knock or who hasnt quite recovered from the previous schedule.

Ideally a mix of 2-3 kids in the starting line up and another couple on the bench, should still be strong enough to at least secure a replay

;ok

• won’t be the best pitch
    Might be ok.

“We’ll do everything we can to be the story of the weekend but West Ham are not going to hate playing here,” the Shrewsbury manager says. “In some Cup upsets the pitch acts as a leveller. Our problem is that we’ve got a nice stadium with a good surface.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/07/shrewsbury-david-moyes-west-ham-fa-cup-third-round
  • Good comment from Haksabanovic in another WHUFC.com:
    “Marko is helping me a lot, of course. It’s good to have him here, as he’s helped me a lot, not only with my game but also with a lot of things outside of football. It has made it much easier to settle in England, for sure.”
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/january/06-january/haksabanovic-fa-cup-tie-big-opportunity-impress#7lDUvwyAlb57ed4i.99
    Good to see Arnautovic acting as a 'mentor',
    MrsGreywelovethehammersSuzanneClaretalderz
  • West Ham United : Hart, Rice, Reid, Ogbonna, Burke, Kouyate, Obiang, Cullen, Masuaku, Ayew and Hernandez.
    Subs : Adrian, Samuelson, Quina, Haksabanovic, Martinez, Makasi, Neurfville
    Lukerz
  • Our team apparently according to old EX on twitterz
  • Hamstew said:

West Ham United : Hart, Rice, Reid, Ogbonna, Burke, Kouyate, Obiang, Cullen, Masuaku, Ayew and Hernandez.
    Subs : Adrian, Samuelson, Quina, Haksabanovic, Martinez, Makasi, Neurfville

Pretty good that ;ok
  • Not much on the bench though
    MrsGreyalderz
  • That’s the kind of team I’m expecting and would be happy with. A fair few getting a rest, but more than enough quality to score 2 or 3 against Shrewsbury.
  • Burke at RWB then?

Pretty happy too
  • Good to see he’s kept the 3-5-2 system when he could’ve reverted to 4 at the back given we are playing a lesser side.

Bit worried Reid and Ogbonna may pull up. Martin Tyler mentioned against Spurs both passed late fitness tests and were touch and go.
  • I'd like to see more from Hernandez today as I think he's been disappointing, I know people have said he's not suited to play the lone striker role but with him playing off Ayew today hopefully he can show us what he can do.
    MrsGrey
  • Cuz bet today 3-0 to the happy hammers
    ClaretandBlueforLife
  • Cuz,
    Nice one ;ok I too think it will be a very comfortable victory for us today ;ok
  • edited January 7
    Of course......pride before a fall and all that ;lol
  • Luke - sure that's 3 at the back? ;puzzled
  • Lukerz said:

Bit worried Reid and Ogbonna may pull up. Martin Tyler mentioned against Spurs both passed late fitness tests and were touch and go.

Agreed - particularly Reid. We don't really have any defensive options on the bench either. Makasi can just about fill in if necessary. More likely the whole back line would reshift though.
  • MrsGrey said:

Luke - sure that's 3 at the back? ;puzzled

Hart
    Reid - Ogbonna - Rice
    Burke - Cullen - Obiang - Masuaku
    Kouyate - Ayew
    Chicharito

Is what I’d expect
  • No Noble

No win
    NobleWorldClassBertQuigley
  • ;hmm Anyone know if this is Shrewsbury best team or are they resting players
  • Cuz, I've done a fiver each on 2,3 and 4 - 0
    Cuz1
  • edited January 7
    Lukerz said:

MrsGrey said:

Luke - sure that's 3 at the back? ;puzzled

Hart
    Reid - Ogbonna - Rice
    Burke - Cullen - Obiang - Masuaku
    Kouyate - Ayew
    Chicharito

Is what I’d expect
    ;ok re Burke

New Zealand captain Winston Reid and Italy centre-half Angelo Ogbonna will be joined by Declan Rice in defence, with Reece Burke returning from his loan spell at Bolton Wanderers to fill the right wing-back role.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/january/07-january/team-news-skipper-hart-starts-chicharito-leads-line-loanees#qU8JxY1qOeoU0JyG.99

From club site, its two up top.
  • steve said:

;hmm Anyone know if this is Shrewsbury best team or are they resting players

Don't know until team news is in, although they will be playing their back-up GK as their 1st choice is on loan and can't play.
  • Regardless of the score, I'd like to see Masuaku Reid & one of our first team regulars in midfield (i.e Kouyate or Obiang) come off early in the second half.
    tomkinsworldclass
  • edited January 7
    steve said:

That looks to be their regular starting XI

Someone wrote that GK Hinderson wouldn't be playing but it seems Man U have had a change of heart and allowed him to play

Top scorer Stefan Payne is on the bench but then he missed the last two game
  • Ah you gotta love the BBC internet feed which says there is no Winston Reid or Marc Noble in the squad

;doh ;doh
  • edited January 7
    MrsGrey said:

steve said:

Don't know until team news is in, although they will be playing their back-up GK as their 1st choice is on loan and can't play.
    Apparently I was misinformed, Henderson is the on loan goalie that someone said was unavailable.

Payne got injured v Wigan on Boxing day

Why is Joe Hart captian? Is it his birthday or is Moyes just feeling really sorry for him?
  • Regardless of the score, I'd like to see Masuaku Reid & one of our first team regulars in midfield (i.e Kouyate or Obiang) come off early in the second half.

Given Reids injury problems of the past 2-3 seasons it really would be some feat to get through 3 games in 5 days.
  • Right I'm off to the pub, see you all on the other side
  • I know Lukerz has beaten me to it but you know what they say;

No Noble........

I've never understood how exceptions prove rules but lets hope so today ;sofa

;scarf ;scarf lets do it for Mark ;scarf ;scarf
This discussion has been closed.