Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Spurs A - 4.1.18 - 8pm - Match Thread

Comments

• Cuz1 said:

6-0. Hernandez and Arnautovic.

Whose going to score the other four mate might have a bet
    Disco Dani, Piqionne and Ravel
    SuzanneClaretCuz1
  • edited January 3
    If Cresswell is injured (and Ginge is still out):

Adrian
    Reid - Ogbonna - Rice
    Zabaleta - Lanzini - Noble - Masuaku
    Arnautovic - Ayew
    Chicharito

Not sure it’s wise risking Carroll again after last night.
  • Cuz1 said:

6-0. Hernandez and Arnautovic.

Whose going to score the other four mate might have a bet
    No one. They'll alternate.

NEOldIron, why'd you say that? Think you meant to press "I Agree."
    NEoldironCuz1
  • 6-0. Hernandez and Arnautovic.

And then he woke up, and it was all a dream....
  • A bit boring but maybe Noble could play on the right

Adrian
    Kouyate Reid Ogbonna
    Noble Rice Obiang Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic Hernandes

I like the look of this but would rather Rice played wide than Noble. In this sort of game we need to give each other options when on the ball by finding positions/space rather than standing like a statue.
    alderz said:

Madcap ;ok

ASLEF

He did manage two successful take ons, 80% passing accuracy (mostly inside to the central midfielders), won 7/8 headers, 1/3 tackles, and (I'm going from memory here as I can't open the page right now) 11 defensive actions (interceptions, blocks, clearances).

As I mentioned earlier, I personally don't think he's got the skills to play wing back. However, I suppose there is an argument that we are likely to be playing an almost flat back 5 against Spurs, and he certainly seems capable of playing as a RB.

From what I read on several different German forums, Oxford plays better in a central role but can do a job at RB. I think it doesn't take a genius to work out that based on his physique he suits a Central midfield/defensive midfield position.
  • edited January 3
    According to the East London & West Essex Guardian Cresswell (back), Antonio (groin), Ayew (tight hamstring) and Oxford (sprained ankle) are all doubtful for tomorrow

Also unavailable are Byram (thigh) Fonte (ankle), Fernandes (ankle), Sakho (pride) and Collins (ginger)

There could be a few kids on the bench
    Kuchinghammer
  • alderz said:

Madcap ;ok

ASLEF

He did manage two successful take ons, 80% passing accuracy (mostly inside to the central midfielders), won 7/8 headers, 1/3 tackles, and (I'm going from memory here as I can't open the page right now) 11 defensive actions (interceptions, blocks, clearances).

As I mentioned earlier, I personally don't think he's got the skills to play wing back. However, I suppose there is an argument that we are likely to be playing an almost flat back 5 against Spurs, and he certainly seems capable of playing as a RB.

From the heatmap on Whoscored for the game Oxford didn't get much further than the halfway line while BMG's left back was up to the opposition's goal line, so yes, a defensive RB but not what you'd look for in a WB
  • Aslef
    Collins (ginger) ;lol
  • welovethehammers maybe has a point about playing Rice as RWB if Zabaleta is too knackered. Rice has played nearly everywhere else, so why not there ? He seems to read the game very well for such a youngster.
  • Don’t want to beat them 6-0.

I like it when we give them a lead before beating them...
  • Don’t want to beat them 6-0.

I like it when we give them a lead before beating them...

Someone has Kane in their fantasy team.
    MrsGreyVorselaarhammer
  • alderz said:

Madcap ;ok

ASLEF

From the heatmap on Whoscored for the game Oxford didn't get much further than the halfway line while BMG's left back was up to the opposition's goal line, so yes, a defensive RB but not what you'd look for in a WB
    I haven't used WhoScored in a while, but Squawka has a breakdown of the % spend in different areas of the pitch. According to that, 38.88% of his game was spend in the defensive third, 49.99% in the middle, and 11.11% in the attacking third.

I think we're both in agreement that there isn't any evidence to suggest he can play as a wingback, though.
  • A RWB is be expected to get forward to provide width when attacking, we've never seen Rice play as a wide man so how good he'd be is unknown.

A 0-0 draw would be satisfactory especially with Alli getting a second yellow for diving
  • Here's a fun stat:

Since we got promoted in 2012, we have only beaten one team more times than we have beaten Spurs.

Swansea - 6 wins from 12
    Spurs - 5 / 12
    Southampton - 4 / 11
    Chelsea - 4 / 12
    Sunderland - 4 / 10
    Burnley - 4 /5
    WBA - 4 / 13
    Palace - 4 / 9
    Liverpool - 4 / 13
    MrsGreySuzanneClaretDodger58MunichHammer
  • OCS true dat.... ;whistle
  • Cup final day is here guys.... ;diva ;doh

Having a little read of these delightful human beings reminds me why they are hated all over the country by other fans:

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tottenham-v-west-ham.24397/
  • I think a Derby game with Tired legs on the pitch on both sides we will see a Red Card or two.
  • edited January 4
    Scenario 1
    - Ali will foul Carroll.
    - Carroll will get a yellow card.
    - Ali will then pretend Carroll elbowed him in the face.
    - Carroll with get a second yellow and be sent off.

Scenario 2
    - Reid will miss time a tackle, Kane will fall over.
    - Spurs will get a penalty.
    - Reid will get a yellow card.
    - Reid will miss time a tackle, Ali will fall over.
    - Spurs will get a penalty.
    - Reid will get a yellow card and be sent off.

TheMadcapLaughs
  • Suze, you make it sound like they cheat ;hmm
    carsonroadboyswhts
  • Suze, I see a weakness in scenario 2. "Reid will miss time a tackle" assumes Reid will actually commit to a tackle, the more likely scenario will be:

Reid dithers as Alli advances,Reid backs off, he backs off some more, he backs into Kane who is retreating from an offside position.................. PENALTY!

then Reid will get a straight red and get sent off...................
    NEoldironDodger58SuzanneClaretMunichHammerMoojor
  • Suze, you forgot to complete Scenario 1.

- Ali will then be subbed on for an injured player.
  • All of you have failed to mention that all of the above incidents will occur in the first half leaving us two down and down to nine men at the break. We will then run out eventual 3-2 winners
    Dodger58
  • Oh no, just seen it... Referee: Mike Dean

Is there any point in turning up to the game?
  • Mike 'Spurs' Dean.

Don't know what you mean, Twist.
    TwistandShout
  • The good thing about our recent form, and our win against the Baggies in particular, is that this game is effectively a 'free hit'.

Terrific if we get something from it, but no great surprise or disaster if we don't, then rest a few players in the FA Cup, ready to go again v Huddersfield and Bournemouth
    alderzOldCastleSwiftMrsGreychicagohammerDeanscaleshammer
  • It may well be spurs away but this will not excuse putting in a horror show of a display of the likes of Arsenal away in the Carabao.

Plus after recent games Huddersfield and Bournemouth cannot be taken as gimmes (not that you have implied this, Grey)
    TwistandShout
  • edited January 4
    This little piece from the BBC match preview made me smile... West Ham have never lost a competitive London derby at Wembley, winning all three - a 2-0 win over Fulham in the 1975 FA Cup final; a 1-0 win against Arsenal in the 1980 FA Cup final; and the 3-2 win over Spurs in the League Cup this season.
    SuzanneClaretDodger58
  • 2-1 West Ham, 2 Red Cards (Noble *double yellow card* and Lloris brings down Arnie in the box). Screamer from Lanzini just on the edge of the D and Kane scoring in the 85th minute for a last 5 minute nerve jangle.
  • Suze,

You also missed the potential scenario of:

Reid tackles Kane. Alli falls over. Spurs are awarded a penalty.
    alderzMrsGreychicagohammerSuzanneClaretMoojorjay_in_cptswhtsNEoldironKuchinghammer
This discussion has been closed.