Why Aye Man - Newcastle H Match Thread 23.12.17 15:00

Comments

• I dont see what zabaleta has done badly

Need yo see more from the front line

Feel like we need someone bettwr on the ball then Obiang and Kouyate, kinda missing noble/lanzini

Think Antonio has been pretty rubbish, would like to see hernandez on
  • Arnie’s goal apart, that was a pretty poor display, not a half that Antonio will remember and you would not have thought that Ayew was even playing. Masuaka one of the few that showed some life.

Most worrying there does not seem to be any purpose in our play, it all seems a bit rushed and hap hazard.

I think that Adrian will be disappointed, think he could have done better on their goal and was well beaten on both occasions when the post saved us
  • Rode our luck that half tbh, could easily have gone in behind.

Interesting to see what Moyes does to try and change it.

Without Lanzini, our MF is too slow to get things going, and there is no room down the middle or behind for our forward players to run in to.

Our best moments have come from getting the ball down the line and crossing it in, so you'd think this is a game that calls for ;ac
  • We don't seem to get those crosses in when Andy's playing.

He's rarely in the right position (when he is, you can tell)
  • For me wrong line up for tactics, so many crosses have gone in but our target man in Carroll is on the bench so are being dealt with easily. We don't have Lanzini to craft something so are going direct but no end man to seek out.

We need get Carroll and Hernandez on for Antonio and Ayew and save the last sub in case Reid cannot continue. We are not doing badly but just don't seem to be creating with the final ball.

• woodwork trying to get MOTM second time in a row this year
  • Without Lanzini and Noble, we completely lack the ability to pass through midfield. Kouyate is a nothing player now. CM needs work in the next two transfer windows as Noble is limited and everything can’t be on Lanzini.
  • I actually see Kouyate as one of a back three, or part of a three in midfield. I think this game requires Carroll up front.
  • There is no link between midfield and striker. There is no striker. Tbh I would have gone with that lineup but it isn’t clicking.

May be worth taking a gamble, opening the game up and going 4-4-2 with Arnie and Antonio on the wings and two strikers.
  • Jorderz ;ok

I think the hope was in the summer that Fernandes would step up and we'd sign Carvalho.

Neither has happened, and with Kouyate seemingly going backwards as a player we are very light in CM.

Definitely our priority next month.
  • Great run by Masuaku but couldn't quite slip the ball through to Arnie.
  • Nice run from Arnie, cutting in from the right but shoots just wide.
  • edited December 2017
    1-2, Diame against us.

Zaba nutmegged, and Diame's run into the box not tracked.
  • Diame as well ;doh
  • Yet another rubbish tram made to look like world beaters as soon as they play us
  • Dreadful but it's been coming. They've been the better team.
  • Horrible, aimless performance. Whenever I start to enjoy watching us play again, we put in a performance like this. I’m getting sick of watching West Ham, to be honest.
  • edited December 2017
    Pen surely.

Mason thought long and hard, looks as though it was outside, but given for foul on Antonio
  • Ayew to take
  • edited December 2017
    Dreadful penalty, missed, well, saved I suppose.
  • That was shocking
  • Maybe we only show up against the good teams and are rubbish into the rest
  • Why is Ayew (out of form) taking it instead of Arnie (in form)? Pathetic.
  • another missed pen
  • edited December 2017
    Carroll coming on, for Antonio.
  • I knew as soon as I heard Ayew was taking it he would miss. Pathetic!
This discussion has been closed.