The Arsenal (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread 19.12.17 19:45

Comments

• I would like a strong team, but also a little rotation.

Hart; Reid Ogbonna Cresswell; Fernandes Rice Obiang Masuaku; Lanzini; Ayew Hernandez
  • Moyes says on the club site that Marko is not injured but he’s suffered with a slight calf issue at times which have seen him subbed a bit early just to protect him.
  • If Sakho is part of David Moyes plans, and Sakho wants to stay, then he should be given a start alongside Hernandez. I would rest Arnie and Antonio, replacing them with Sakho and Hernandez doesn`t really weaken us, just gives us a slightly different dynamic. Rest of the team I would leave pretty much unchanged barring injuries/exhaustion. If anyone else is left out I would love one of the youngsters to get a go. If Lanzini is banned it would be nice to see what Haksabanovic is all about, although I suspect Ayew is due a game. I think we have about as good a chance as we will ever get at the minute to beat Arsenal away. ;scarf
  • Arsenal play Liverpool on Friday, leaving them two full days recovery. I expect they’ll make some changes.
  • edited December 2017
    Joe Hart to start ....as on SSN..
    Oh well..hoping this time he will get more assistance from the rest , but I would have played Adrian ..
  • So what happens if hart turns in a Clean sheet and a MoM performance (other than us fans celebrating wildly)

• He will have to wait till Adrian is not played due to his loan agreement.....
  • Aslef
    Bristol City are 3rd in the Champo, if they get promoted I just hope they change their away strip.......

https://bristolsport.azureedge.net/media/18663/awaykitpurplelime.jpg?width=1240&height=808&mode=crop

Did you know that you can't be an electrician if you're colour blind? I think the same should apply to football strip designers ;biggrin
  • They must’ve lost a bet or something
  • So what happens if hart turns in a Clean sheet and a MoM performance (other than us fans celebrating wildly)

Then we know he's gonna start the cup semi final game
    ;wahoo
  • Outcast, a very, very big one ;biggrin
  • Front 3 of Ayew Hernandez Sakho?

Whose Johnson?????

I agree about Ayew Hernandez and Sakho.

Ben Johnson is one of our youth players who plays right back. I've seen him play in person for the u23's. Imo he's not ready yet. There's other players I'd like to see come through before him. I'vd actually sat next to his parents when watching the u23's.

Out of all our youngsters, the ones who I think are closest to moving to the first team are Pask and Holland. That's me personally but I can't imagine Moyes bringing Pask in unless we are really short on CB's. Holland is injured at the moment too so he won't break in for a while.
  • Wpuld be interested to see how serious Wenger takes this but i think we can take them or at least force a replay

I think a replay is unlikely, pretty sure this has to be decided on the night, extra time and penalties if need be.
  • NEoldiron said:

Aslef
    Bristol City are 3rd in the Champo, if they get promoted I just hope they change their away strip.......

https://bristolsport.azureedge.net/media/18663/awaykitpurplelime.jpg?width=1240&height=808&mode=crop

Did you know that you can't be an electrician if you're colour blind? I think the same should apply to football strip designers ;biggrin

I actually quite like that strip ;wink it reminds my of the Palermos ones I own. They are so awful that they end up being cool again.
  • Hart
    Kouyate Reid/Collins Cresswell
    Fernandes Rice Obiang Masuaku
    Haksabonivic (?)
    Sakho Hernandes
  • Unfortunately, according to C&H, Fernandes is going to need an operation on his ankle and will be unavailable for the foreseeable. An injury picked up on international duty. ;angry
  • I think I also read that as we have appealed Lanzini will be available for tonight. If we want to rest Zab and Antonio I don`t know who would play right wingback.
  • Is Byram not recovered ?
  • Last time I heard he was still injured, and I can`t find any updates on the internet. Could definitely do with him back and fit.
  • Hart

Collins Reid Rice

Zabaleta (I guess)? Kouyate Obiang Cresswell

Ayew Hernandez Sakho
  • Just read on C&H (I know) that Byram is out until after Christmas. He seems to spend a lot of time injured for a youngster. I would pretty much go with that team. Gives Arnie, Antonio, Mas and Lanzini a rest, which are all of our "out balls" and rely on pace and fitness. Need them firing on all cylinders for Newcastle. And to be honest all their replacements aren`t too shabby, all first teamers in their own right. Also gives Noble a rest. ;ok ;scarf 2-2 full time, we win on penalties.
  • Is the game on the box ?

Unfortunately not - According to a great little site ; live-footballontv.com which lists all games on English tv for next 6 weeks with actual kick off times. You can filter for European and International games as well
    ;scarf
  • My Belgium TV sender is showing the game.

The channel is called Eleven is that is any help...
  • Surely Channel Onze or Elf?
  • If Lanzini isn't suspended then he needs to play. There's a good chance he'll still get suspended and miss two games, so we should pick him here.
  • Rumour on Twitter that Quina starts tonight.
  • Playing the Lanzini role, presumably.

Maybe a trial for the Newcastle game ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.