Smash Those Potters - Stoke (A) Match Thread 16.12.17 3pm

Comments

• Very good over the last three games, credit to Moyes and his coaching staff. Now entering a run of games where we find out if we will start to climb the table, I hope we maintain our intensity, if we do we will have a lot more of the ball compared to our previous 3 games. We have quality in the team to take advantage of the extra possession we will get and hopefully this will put us in a good position. I don't think this is a must win game now with the points we have picked up over the last two games as we are in contact with the teams above us. I would take a draw and keep the the unbeaten run going, and hopefully start to build momentum and watch our point tally start to mount up.
  • 2 other things worth noting that haven't been mentioned in this thread:

1) Cresswell at LCB having to deal with Crouch. Bit of a mis match.

2) Arnie with his potential to lash out and get sent off could be a problem as the Stoke fans will be giving him stick for 90 minutes.
  • Collins for Reid is the only change we have to make. Antonio and Arnie have looked OK up top. If it ain't broke ........
  • Zouma and Bruno Martins Indi out (that's a whole back 4 right?). So I am guessing Wimmer will play with Shawcross. So we need to target Wimmer and allow Shawcross to score another own goal (whilst stopping him scoring at the other end)... Simple
  • Pace required against shawcross not brawn make him make fouls then give ten fifteen mins of ac at the end I’m going 2-1 away win Antonio and Chico to score COYI
  • We've drawn five out of the last six against Stoke but this could be an excellent chance to grab our first win against them since 2013.

The last time Carroll played against Stoke was at the end of the 2015/16 season, Shawcross & Co kept him pretty quiet, he only managed one shot and then went off injured in the second half. We're not going to beat them for strength or height so it has to be Hernandez in for Antonio and beat them by pace and skill.
  • Collins starts apparently (twitter noise)
  • Cresswell at LCB having to deal with Crouch. Bit of a mis match.

I imagine Oggy will get the job of man-marking Crouch (or Ginger if he's playing)
  • Is Kouyate still out injured? He played well in a back 3 imo.
  • edited December 2017
    Adrián
    Ogbonna
    Collins
    Cresswell
    Zabaleta
    Obiang
    Noble
    Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Antonio
    Arnautovic

Subs: Sakho, Hernández, A Ayew, Haksabanovic, Hart, Rice, Makasi
  • edited December 2017
    Haksabanovic on the bench ;wahoo

No Carroll though ;hmm
  • Back injury, according to club site.

Plus Fernandes not recovered from his ankle injury.
  • Haksabanovic on the bench ;wahoo

No Carroll though ;hmm

It's not unusual,By Tom Jones.
  • ;sofa worried about this one .After our hard work in last 2 games need to get something here ;pray
  • I think we’ll lose this, sadly. Stoke will be targeting this as a massive chance for a win, and I think home advantage will tell.
  • edited December 2017
    Stoke City twitter says kick off will be delayed due to a power cut2
  • Also just heard that, announcement at 3pm I heard????
  • On Soccer Saturday they are saying that it could be off today
  • That would be outrageous on the travelling fans.
  • At least it happened before kick off and not after 65 minutes (Upton Park, November 1997)
  • Knew he was called Sparky for a reason!Screenshot_2017-12-16-14-47-05-1
  • Apparently both generators have failed, which means no power to floodlights, and they can't use the turnstiles either
  • If they can’t get the generators to work and the game is postponed they should have to forfeit the points.

• If the game is postponed from today Stoke should have to pay all of the away fans expenses, and they should be fined by the league
  • edited December 2017
    If they can’t get the generators to work and the game is postponed they should have to forfeit the points
    3-0 away win ;wahoo
  • Our fixture schedule was really good over the Christmas period. If this game is postponed, it will bunch up our games.
  • Maybe they haven’t paid their EDF bill.
  • Also, if we have to play this game another time, the players not available for them today should not be allowed to play for the rearranged game.
  • edited December 2017
    Both generators????????? Stinks to high heaven this. ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.