Bring on the Gooners (H) Match Thread - 13.12.17 20:00

Comments

• Nice to see us defend as a unit and stick together. So close to a win as well. Arnie missed a great chance too when Cech flapped. In such a short time Moyes has got us fitter, faster and much more balanced.
  • Yeah, Reid missing for Stoke is a big blow. But a necessary yellow IMO.

Only necessary because Zabaleta waved his foot at it
  • I thought Zab worked his socks off. He might be short of a yard of pace, but he reads the game very well.
  • Arnie looks a different player this last few weeks, thought he was great tonight. Hernandez looked rusty when he came on but that's to be expected. I think the players seemed tired, tbh. A big effort again, but the energy wasn't quite the same. Even then, we could have snatched all the points
  • Rio, lots of praise for us. ;carew
  • I think he’s a very good pundit ;ok
  • edited December 2017
    The 1st time I went to stoke” on my own “ in my early teens, by train, 2 older West Ham fans, said I should be careful ,
    Later I see one coming out a pub, his eye was black , he said pool ball.
    I don’t like like stoke either ,sure lee chapman scored for them grrrrrr
  • Very good interview with Moyes.

Proper warming to him.
  • I thought Ogbonna was brilliant

The officials were good.

Glenn Hoddle is an awful awful commentator
  • I didn’t think Zab was bad. Nor do I think he is a bad player. But he is past it and as a result is a liability. On another day that error would’ve cost us a last minute goal. As it is it only cost us Reid, which is big enough on its own.
  • Glen Hoddle might struggle in a discussion with an amoeba.
    I won’t dispute his position as a huge quality player........but now?
  • Wenger is unhappy that we defended well ;lol
  • Wombat

It’s like he’s never seen any football before.
  • All of a sudden we look quite comfy playing in our new home.

Nothing wrong with that ground at all. Went on a tour there last month for my birthday. It’s a top place. ;ok
  • Great defensive display, to keep 2 clean sheets for those 2 games is pretty unreal..from where we were a couple of weeks or so ago..
    Was surprised to hear the announcer say Adrian was MOM but Arnie got the PL award...
    That sponsors choice IMO was a definite slap in the face of Hart, because Adrian again IMO didn't have that much to do!..
    Anyhow a great week points wise..
    & sadly I had to listen to John Terry in studio tonight along with Andy Townsend , both tho very complimentary & like that at least now the team has an identity rather than all over the place...
    Pity about Reid's yellow card & missing the Stoke game, and also a pity that Moss didn't blow for full time just before...
    While it's nice to keep the faith in
    The team , apart from Reid I wonder if some will cope with 3 games in a week...
    But another point, well played to the team and fair play to Mr Moyes!
  • Lukerz said:

I didn’t think Zab was bad. Nor do I think he is a bad player. But he is past it and as a result is a liability. On another day that error would’ve cost us a last minute goal. As it is it only cost us Reid, which is big enough on its own.

Seems a bit contridictuary whichever way you read it imo he’s as good as we’ve got and his experience these last few games has helped us get through, certainly again imo not a liability
  • edited December 2017
    After Everton I was preparing for life in the Championship. I now feel optimistic about our chances & the next 4 games are crucial. If we avoid defeat in say 3 of them & pick up a win or two then I'll feel confident. They look fitter & generally more up for it & it looks like sacking Slav was the right thing to do. Finally ,Arnie is starting to look like a completely different player which has to be good. COYI!!!
  • Just a shame Palace and Everton are picking up points....
  • I don’t understand the negative stuff against Zab, he was up against Alexis Sanchez and Eden Hazard in the past 5 days......

But it’s good Newcastle and Stoke aren’t....
  • A good point although I think Chico should have scored as in that position you always go low so the keeper has to get down, leant back too much. I actually think Zab did well as did all the defence. The biggest positive thing for me is after Chelsea and City it confirms we can actually defend now. The biggest downside of the match is missing Reid for Stoke as that game is now massive and the defence has looked solid and he is the key to it.

4 points from the last 9 when I expected 0 so very happy.
  • Crunch time now.

Stoke
    Newcastle
    Bournemouth
    West Brom

These games are the ones Moyes makes his money in. 4 teams hovering over relegation all 6 pointers.

Pretty sure if Stoke lose to us Mark Hughes will be gone.
  • Unable to watch the game today, like anyone else, am delighted with the four points taken from the past three games, did not fancy us to take any of them.

COYI

I had/have no belief Everton or Palace will go down. IMO, we should be looking to catch Stoke, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Brighton (and assume Swansea are already below us)
  • edited December 2017
    Also... Chuffed with 4 points from last 3 games. Nobody in their right mind would've expected that! ;clap
  • Another very very good result for us. Taking off the claret and blue specs, we would not have deserved the three points on balance, but a very well earned point. Belief is now restored into both the team and a lot of the fans which is a huge testament to Moyes’ efforts thus far.

Now though is th challenge of getting wins on the board in (on paper) more winnable fixtures
  • What is Adrian's goals against to games ratio this season?
  • having been critical of Noble a few times recently, i have to say that he has put in a good shift recently, more constructive passing and seemed to be all over the park. well done Nobes
  • Ogbonna: I think the team is playing so much better than before and we have to keep this up until we are dead!
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/december/14-december/ogbonna-we-have-keep-until-we-are-dead#9Pwg2LciMccPs5YI.99

;lol
  • And beyond! ;wahoo
This discussion has been closed.