Other PL games this weekend and the midweek games too. 9th Dec.

Comments

• Looks like Oggy taught Louvren that one. ;doh
  • Everton don’t really deserve a point but it’s Liverpool’s fault for not taking their chances.

It’s been a poor game overall.
  • Not a penalty for me. Calvin-Lewin initiated the contact and then went over. Very Vardy-esque. I'd be angry if that was given against us.
  • edited December 2017
    MIA

Not sure how he could initiate a shove in the back? ;hmm

I'd be furious with our defender if that was us. It was totally unnecessary, and utterly stupid.
  • All I could see was Calvin moving in front of Lovren to shield the ball and Lovren just shoved him in the back. We've conceded umpteen penalties in the same way.
  • Thorn ;ok
    Definitely a soft penalty, but seen from the ref's position it did look like a shove in the back.
  • Perhaps it's not a foul when two opponents grab your arm. ;hmm
  • It is, but if they also hurl you to the ground, they win ;ok
  • Utd 1-1 Citeh

Half time.

• Everton's penalty soft imo, Calvert-Lewin veered to his right straight into Lovren and went over; I'd be very unhappy if it was given against us.
  • buffy

Look again. It has nothing to do with Lovren's leg (or lack of it.)

Lovren pushes him in the back.

• edited December 2017
    It was a push.

It was a stupid thing to do as the lad was going away from goal.

But it was a push.

And it was a penalty.
  • Utd 1-2 Citeh

Citeh once again the better team.
  • Lukaku has two assists - for Man City ;lol
  • The ref clearly signaled that the pen was given for what he saw as a push.
  • When I saw the camera angle from behind them both it clearly showed that Calvert-Lewin changed direction to go straight into Lovren who continued in a straight line. If someone barges into you it's natural to bring your arms up to defend yourself and keep balance, that's all Lovren did imo. Completely orchetrated by Calvert-Lewin imo.
  • Geoff Shrieves interviewing style ;deadhorse
  • The camera angle did not show that at all Buffy.
  • buffy

The shove was in the back of C-L, who had gone past Lovren. Absolutely not what you describe.
  • Suze ;ok

How that man makes a living off a national broadcaster is totally beyond me.
  • MIA

Not sure how he could initiate a shove in the back? ;hmm

I'd be furious with our defender if that was us. It was totally unnecessary, and utterly stupid.

I don't see the shove. To me he's trying to protect the ball, shoulder barges Louvren in the chest and then goes over making it look like a shove.
    If you watch just before he goes over, you can see that he veers away from the ball towards Louvren.
  • Pen for me, all day long ;ok
  • Man Utd spend all that money and still play hoofball ;lol
    Always good to see them lose ;biggrin
  • MIA

Well, the ref did.

That's what he gave it for.

Lovren clearly pushes C-L in the back.
  • Absolutely Twist, can't wait to get into work tomorrow ;lol ;lol ;lol
  • Expat *evil laugh*

The Liverpool vs Everton match was dreadful. No atmosphere. No big tackles (its a derby!!). Everton just sitting back and lumping it forward hoping it will find a teammate. Klopp 'resting' Coutinho and Firmino? Why?! Bizarre decision.
  • Fireman
    bfs
    9567A0A0-35BD-4B2A-92FC-DFC4A6B6FF65
  • MIA, yeah, that's exactly how I saw it, C-L changed direction and ran into Lovren, nothing Lovren coulda done really.
  • At what point does a hand that makes a soft contact with an opponent's back become a destabilising shove.
    Seen from another angle there seemed to be insufficient force to justify C-L's fall, although as I said in an earlier post, from the ref's view position it looked like a hard shove. We would have been very unhappy if it had been against us.
  • Arms extended out into the back of the opponent is a pen in my book.

Just watched the interview with Klopp. He still doesn't understand the Premier League and expects everyone to play one way, his way. He is a spoilt brat imo.