I couldn't see one so here is the CHELSEA HOME MATCH THREAD (09.12.17 12:30 kick off)

12345679»

Comments

• Kouyate second touch this season is normally a throw in
  • edited December 2017
    alderz said:

Noble rated a 6? I thought he had a really good game. Great organisation and discipline, something we don’t get from Kouyate.

Also, Sakho a 6?!

Perhaps slightly too harsh on Noble and perhaps a little too generous on Sakho. Not saying Noble had a bad game but he was a bit sloppy on the ball at times (especially in the first half).

Regarding the amount of ground he covered/covers - Covering ground doesn't always mean he's having a good game. Also the rate at which he covers the ground is also important. By the way, I am not a "Noble hater" or a pessimistic fan (even if this post may suggest otherwise). I think his interceptions were vital and a few tackles were important too, but if his passes were better at times (e.g. To set Antonio off) we could've really got into some good opportunities. everyone played well

Regarding Kouyate - He seemed to cover a lot of ground (and at pace) in previous seasons but not this season.

• Any update on the Chavski fan who said he would cut off his own manhood if they didn't win? ;lol
  • So much more space to play in when you can play People in behind
  • edited December 2017
    NEoldiron said:

Any update on the Chavski fan who said he would cut off his own manhood if they didn't win? ;lol

They are still looking for his manhood....
  • Probably on his head
  • Yes, now, if we could leave the manhood jokes at this point, ta very everso...
  • Kouyate sometimes eems to have a problem with his arm. He’ll go in for a challenge and come out of it holding his arm.

Anyone know what is actually wrong with it?
  • IronHerb said:

No one said he doesn't run, he generally just doesn't arrive in time.

Very well put ;ok
  • All things considered, though, and probably not for purely athletic reasons, it's very hard to argue against the idea that the team is better with Adrian and Noble in it. They have what the French call a certain "I don't know what". But even I, sitting on the sofa over 1000km away, felt safer with Adrian between the sticks, and more confident when Noble was going forward. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • edited December 2017
    Had Tim Sherwood in studio doing the pre match spiel ...
    After the game he was of course full of praise for the result, performance etc etc.
    The one thing he said was the most important decision and best Moyes made was to play Noble.
    He was saying that while he has his faults ( Noble ) lack of speed etc, the one thing in his opinion that a team where we are in the league and drama with it needs is someone that really understands and cares about it, he said he knows Noble and knows that no one more than him around the club cares about the team than him & that in the end would be the most important thing for the season.

I think Nobles break for couple weeks & Moyes new stricter / harder training will help him as well.
    I believe he will play a big part in the remainder of the season.
  • There is a reason why we never win without Noble in the side. He is a vital cog. I think 2-3 games a week is too much for him. Maybe managing his game time and giving him a couple of games out, a few games in, is the best way forward.
  • Its the formation, 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 / 3-4-2-1 that is turning it around more than anything. He is doing the thing Bilic couldn't seem to do which was stop trying to cram in all the attacking players when 4 at the back clearly wasn't working.

But with all our attacking players coming back now (and I assume to some relative fitness and with a lot of games in a short space of time) we will see if Moyes can resist the temptation to fall back into a 4 at the back.
  • I would be gobsmacked if he tries four at the back again. It is as plain as night follows day that we look better with a back 3/5. I also think it is reasonably clear that we look better with a front two. Stick with the system, play the best players in that system, and if anyone comes up short there should be a capable and willing deputy ready to step in. Some players will be left out, some egos will be bruised, tough. Stick with the system. Please.
  • When I saw that in the game, I thought what's that all about? Anyone here know? ;hmm
  • Even Noble doesn't. He Tweeted after the game to say 'I still have no idea why I did this' ;lol
  • It may be a bit early but things do seem to have improved recently.
    I fully expected Chelsea to win but we carried on the improvement from the City game .
    We will probably get a better idea of how much things have improved after the Arsenal game but Moyes has definitely made us harder to beat and fitter it would seem .
    Thought Mark Noble had a good game..
  • ;diop

Nope, the real Hutton's not in there.
  • Mods, can you check that Hutton's account has not been hacked. ;wink
  • Fake News ;wink
This discussion has been closed.