I couldn't see one so here is the CHELSEA HOME MATCH THREAD (09.12.17 12:30 kick off)

Comments

• Actually the previous comment was tongue in cheek

I actually think we will win. We have a far better chance against Chelsea than arsenal as Chelsea have been hit and miss this season

You are all very welcome
  • MIAHammer said:

For those who thought last week that relegation was a certainty, perhaps you can now have some hope.

It's the hope that kills you.

One swallow and all that, but a great performance and some real defensive discipline. I thought Cresswell has done really well in the last couple of games.

Finally I can enjoy a weekend ;wahoo
  • so thats what it feels like to hang on against one of the big boys! Havent felt it for a good while, massive 3 points!! ;wahoo ;clap
  • Yeeeeeeeeeeer Haaaaaaaaaaaa ;wahoo
  • O M G ;nonono

An actual home win at home against Chelsea ;nonono

;lol ;scarf
  • Great win. The effort from the players was there.
  • no celebration night out for the players today though. They need to go home and rest up for our midweek Arsenal game ;whistle
  • Two games on the bounce now where the team as looked solid I’ve heavily criticised arnie but humble pie time today he looked interested and that’s all I can ask for
  • Sakho showed why he doesn’t start, IMO. Ayew came on and ran himself ragged and Sakho didn’t. For me, he doesn’t deserve to be in the side.
  • "Quote" rel="Cuz1">I’m going for a clean sheet in a 1-0 win for us at the bookies daft bet season for me

;clap ;scarf ;wahoo
  • Hamstew said:

Loss. Adrian howler

Could worse
    I was waiting for a for 3 o’clock KO
    Just clicked on Orem scores to see result of the early KO
    West Ham 1 Chelsea 0
    Missed the game or am I dreaming

;hmm
  • Massive three points, Massive desire to get them and massive task ahead, but we showed today that if we make that level of effort each week we definitely have the players to get out of this mess. I loved seeing on the face of Arni and Moyes at the final whistle just what it meant. So many good performances Masoauko, Reid, Zab, Noble and Arni.

On to Arsenal and the same performance can get something from that as well.
  • edited December 2017
    imagelost said:

Hamstew said:

Loss. Adrian howler

Could worse
    I was waiting for a for 3 o’clock KO
    Just clicked on Orem scores to see result of the early KO
    West Ham 1 Chelsea 0
    Missed the game or am I dreaming

;hmm
    Pop back in at 5pm and the routine 4-0 defeat will be duly served up for you
  • Great result..
    Team performance top notch, played for each other...
    Forgot what it's like to have a real happy weekend !
    Happy for Arnie to get the goal & was good enough not too pick up a 2nd yellow, I'll give him the 1st yellow , silly, but nice to see some passion ....
    Well done Moyes & team ;ok ;scarf
  • alderz said:

Sakho showed why he doesn’t start, IMO. Ayew came on and ran himself ragged and Sakho didn’t. For me, he doesn’t deserve to be in the side.

Any fan with half a brain can see this... ;whistle
  • edited December 2017
    Cressers had a great game today and I just love watching Arthur on the ball, he has the ability to ghost past players, generally I wish his final ball in was a bit better but at least he gets into positions where there is a final ball in.

Great result, nice pick up from last weeks performance,

A clean sheet, Adrian really had little to do but should keep his place, oh and o nearly forgot to mention.

We just beat Chelsea...............happy days

;scarf
  • It'll be a lot to expect anything from Arsenal after the effort we've put in the last couple of games. Hence the surprise 3 points today (in my head) constitutes 3 draws against City, Chelsea and Arsenal which we'd all have taken in advance. Maybe I shouldve waited to say that for the Suz Arsenal thread ;hmm
  • edited December 2017
    Trying to find all the ins and outs about the game,,, 6 yellows for the coyi
    1 for skies , was it a dirty game for us?
  • Great performance and great result. Masuaku suddenly playing like Giggs, Obiang back to his best and, at long last, we scored a real West Ham goal.
  • Get In there!!!!!
    I can't add anything else except COYI!!!!!!!
  • As for Arnie’s yellow, I am sure that Moyes despairs at him getting such an unnecessary yellow so early in the game, and it has to be said that Arnie lost it a bit,

However,

As a fan, I was actually quite pleased to see just how much the goal meant to him, first for the club and so well taken etc etc, really pleased that it did not back fire on him badly.

COYI
  • A performance with plenty of backbone...

Moyes has hit on an interesting back three with Cresswell. And it allows Masuaku to play which is a plus.

A couple of decent saves from Adrian, which leaves the big question what now for Hart..
  • Well it be costly in a taxi so I will drop him off
  • 1-0 FT. Amazing result, didn't see it coming.

Me either...

My latest offerings in my headlong descent to the bottom of the table...

Burnley v Watford, 0-2
    Crystal Palace v Bournemouth, 1-1
    Huddersfield v Brighton, 0-1
    Liverpool v Everton, 3-1
    Man Utd v Man City, 1-2*
    Newcastle v Leicester, 0-2
    Southampton v Arsenal, 1-2
    Swansea v West Brom, 0-0
    Spurs v Stoke, 3-1
    West Ham v Chelsea, 1-0
    Aston Villa v Millwall, 2-0
    Barnsley v Derby , 0-2
    Burton Albion v Preston North End, 0-1
    Fulham v Birmingham, 2-0
    Hull v Brentford, 1-2
    Middlesbrough v Ipswich Town, 2-1
    Norwich v Sheffield Weds, 1-1*
    Nottingham Forest v Bolton Wanderers, 2-1
    QPR v Leeds United, 0-2
    Wolves v Sunderland, 3-0

• Much, much happier about having Moyes as manager now.

That was an 'Everton' performance; very difficult to attack, and dangerous on the break.

Of course, this and the Citeh game need to be the benchmarks, but there is every sign that they will be.

coyi ;scarf coyi
  • edited December 2017
    ;biggrin ;clap
    Well done grey TIL
  • Very pleased. It will be interesting to see how we get on when teams allow us the ball and try and counter us on the break.
  • Great start to the day, off to see if TFC can lift the MLS cup in a couple of hours
  • What a performance

Huge result for the boys and loads of positives

I'm liking the combo we the left with Cresswell (LCB) + Masuaka (LWB) it offers protection and plays to their strengths

Noble, Obiang and Lanzini were class in the middle and Arnie and Antonio ran their socks off and caused a lot of problems if only a couple of the final balls were played earlier we may have made more chances

Huge 3 points hopefully they can get some rest and do the same against arsenal on wednesday
  • I've been saying that Cresswell and Masuaku combo would work since pre season. Glad to see it's working!
This discussion has been closed.