Man City vs West Ham - Sunday, 3rd Dec, 16:00

Comments

• edited December 2017

I clearly can't count and have 12 players on the pitch.

Tbh, I don't think even 12 would be enough.
  • Reid looks ropey because he has Ogbonna to his left, Zabaleta to his right, Hart behind and Kouyate in front.

Not sure any world class CB would look good sandwiched in between that lot.
  • I remember that night. I was there
    shock
  • So many say the same about Winston since Ogbonna arrived. Get rid of Ogbonna and let Reidy get back to his best position and form.
  • edited December 2017
    I doubt Maldini would cope Luke.
  • I’ve never seen such a nondescript CB as Ogbonna. Like if you tried to define what style of CB he was. Like trying to describe the taste of celery.
  • Oggy got the blame for this goal, he slipped. Zabaleta is WAY out of position, Christ knows what he`s doing there, Reid doesn`t attack the ball, he stands off, Oggy slips, Cresswell is the WRONG side of Albrighton, but it`s Oggys fault, apparently.

https://www.footbie.com/video/marc-albrighton-goal-west-ham-0-1-leicester

I`m not saying Oggy is the best centre back since Moore, but he`seems to be taking flack for a catalogue of defensive errors. Oggy looks the obvious fall guy cos he slipped, but the whole defence were at fault. We are just a very poor side at the minute. As I said, the whole lot need to be binned.

I could describe the taste of celery, but it would involve unacceptable adjectives.
  • Lukerz said:

I’ve never seen such a nondescript CB as Ogbonna. Like if you tried to define what style of CB he was. Like trying to describe the taste of celery.

Mildly aniseed? ;puzzled
  • Ogbonna ;nonono
  • When a side is as poor as we are we are looking for scapegoats. Everyone is under-performing, we were all screaming for Noble to be dropped, now we all want him back. Carroll is either the best centre forward or worst, Ayew and Arnautovic are a waste of £45 million, although Arnie is the only one to show a response to the new manager, and Ayew pops up with the odd goal, Sakho should never be seen in a West Ham shirt again, or is Sakho our best striker. How good is Obiang?? Pretty poor from where I`m sitting. Kouyate is our very own Patrick Viera, at the minute he doesn`t even look like a footballer. Cresswell for England?? At what sport??. Hart is Englands number one. God help us. Antonio has been poor, Lanzini looks disinterested and Zabaletas legs have gone. The only player this season who looks like he has a modicum of class about him is Hernandez, and in best West Ham tradition, he gets injured on international duty. We are very, very poor all over the pitch, I`m not sure who`s fault it is, but dropping Oggy is not gonna sort out the rest of the shower. And if any one thinks Collins and Adrian are the answer, remember West Ham v Watford last year. I`m sure I read somewhere that Adrian was a comedy goalkeeper and Collins was past it. I hate football.
  • MrsGrey said:

Lukerz said:

I’ve never seen such a nondescript CB as Ogbonna. Like if you tried to define what style of CB he was. Like trying to describe the taste of celery.

Mildly aniseed? ;puzzled
    Oggy or celery???
  • edited December 2017
    Lukerz said:

• I'm going to swerve this one - absolutely no point in winding myself up...
  • I think this game and the next two are free hits.

We could never realistically think of getting anything out of the games, the way they are playing.

I hope Moyes uses the games to drill the side into a shape that will be familiar when we come to play less gifted teams.

That said, we will be the first team to beat Man City in the PL this season (though we may have to wait until the home game...)
  • Moyes in the Evening Standard

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/david-moyes-column-west-ham-players-must-show-we-are-not-just-here-to-be-rolled-over-a3707366.html
    Unfortunately our options are really limited in terms of central defenders plus we’re also short of full-back cover. We have more flexibility in attacking areas, but with Jose Fonte recovering from his operation and James Collins and Winston Reid, who came off at Everton, both struggling, we’re very limited at the heart of our defence. We have young Declan Rice, who came on for Winston at Goodison Park.
    With respect to the team to face City, Michail Antonio came on in the second half and will be better for that. On Sunday we would hope he could play longer, maybe from the start.
    I think that translates as....

Hart
    Zab Rice Oggy Cressers
    Noble Obiang
    Antonio Lanzini Arnie
    Sakho

Although you could switch Kouyate for Obiang, Arnie for Arthur or Ayew and Sakho for Ayew.

A draw would be nice..........
  • I am stocking up plenty of alcohol ...
    It will ease the pain ;cool
  • At least only 8 hours of the weekend will be ruined, as opposed to playing on a Friday night.
  • That reminds me, we are right out of lemons
  • That reminds me, we are right out of lemons

Having watched the Everton game I'm not sure that's true
  • Suze, what have you got lined up for the 2nd half? ;biggrin
  • From the Moyes interview in the ES:
    "On Andy Carroll, he jarred his knee in training on Tuesday but he’s had a scan and he shouldn’t be out too long"

"Shouldn't be out for too long" - for jarring his knee? ;hmm
  • Is it the Christmas Carroll injury ???

coat........... ;yercoat
  • NEoldiron said:

Suze, what have you got lined up for the 2nd half? ;biggrin

• edited December 2017
    We are 22 -1 on Paddy Power for a win. Ludicrously high odds for a race with only 3 possible outcomes but maybe not generous enough ! I have taken 11 -1 for the draw. Money down the drain maybe but it is my only way for showing support.
  • Grey, agreed we don’t expect to get anything out of those games but as a ever optimist I’m sure we will find one win
  • 22/1 mmmm
  • But which one Cuz? Which one?
  • Cuz who do you think will get our 1
This discussion has been closed.