Man City vs West Ham - Sunday, 3rd Dec, 16:00

1789101113»

Comments

• Whatever happens, we need to be out of the relegation zone by the middle of March. With our run-in, we will need points on the board.
  • Keep the faith
  • relegation is far from a fore-gone conclusion, fortunately there are fans from half a dozen teams doing the same math as we are and at least one team that will drop into the relegation fight whose fans are blissfully unaware at present.

We CANNOT be complacent and it seems a shame that we need to think this way as we certainly had higher expectations at the start of this season.

Keep the faith, passion, commitment and discipline we saw on Sunday and we will be fine, just about............

;scarf
  • I see the Premierships golden boy has got away with this completely. The only reason it did not become a full scale riot was because Redmond showed a fantastic amount of restraint as he would have been well within his rights to land him one as Guardiola has put his hands on him three times and been very aggressive right in his face.

Should Guardiola be excused because of Redmonds restraint? at a time when players are being yellow carded for far far less regard aggression towards referees and linesmen, and far a show that would have got any player on the pitch a yellow what reason can they have for not offering some punishment?

• Outrageous.

No way was what he did acceptable.
  • edited December 2017

As much as I dislike Mourinho, he would have been punished for that. He consoling in the media that "he is picked on" a lot but I reckon if that was him, he would've been punished.
  • I do like the way Redmond makes sure to cover his mouth in each of his replies to Pep. No chance of anyone lip reading him. :)
  • Sorry I have a lot more important things to worry about than what Pep does?
  • Moojor said:

I do like the way Redmond makes sure to cover his mouth in each of his replies to Pep. No chance of anyone lip reading him. :)

I reckon they've been trained to do it. I notice nearly all players put their hands up to obscure their mouths when talking to each other - on the bench etc as well as on the pitch. It's a thing nowadays ;ok
  • Sorry I have a lot more important things to worry about than what Pep does?

In which case, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know that. ;wink
  • Decent performance that, we created some great chances, they may of played the better football and all that but we hung in there.

Regarding the Adrian and Hart debate, no I don’t think Adrian is the better keeper.

Hart has imo made mistakes for 2 goals this season, he probably could’ve done more on another couple. What I find interesting is Moyes made the same mistake as Bilic, both brought Adrian back too late. Last year when Randy was struggling and conceding he waited too long to bring Adrian back, this season Moyes could and should’ve brought Adrian back for the EFC game because he knew Hart couldn’t play again MCFC, I don’t think Adrian would’ve made those mistakes against EFC he has a decent record against them and sometimes players just seem to do well against certain clubs.

Adrian does need to keep the shirt now, if Moyes doesn’t do that then he deserves any flack coming his way, could Adrian of done a little bit more with the two goals, possibly but he had a really good game.

As did Rice, the free kick was nonsense and he got caught out by a magical ball by De Bruyne no shame in that

Special word for Ogbonna, he’s playing with an inexperienced CB against the runaway leaders and he scored, he was getting pillored on here pre game, glad he gave a great performance

Let’s get Sakho involved a little more we look far more threatening when he’s on the pitch.

On the evidence of that game I’ve got hope, it’s still only 2007 type hope but it’s something
  • For me personally it was the difference between the Everton game and city game which was disappointing, I hope this is a sign Moyes is starting to have an impact on the squad. If we perform to this level in our next 2 game then we have a chance of getting a result.

I personally think it comes down to whether the players can keep this level of performance against teams outside the top six, if we do then we will win more than we loose and I think we will avoid relegation. But if we don't, I can see us being relegated.

I am hoping Moyes and the coaching staff are now starting to increase our squads performance level and we will have a strong second half of the season. After our next 2 league games we will start to find out.
  • MrsGrey said:

Sorry I have a lot more important things to worry about than what Pep does?

In which case, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know that. ;wink
    Thanks, struggling to arrange the Royal Wedding that we are all supporting. ;lol
  • While we were awful at EFC, basically everything that could go against us, did

AC injured
    Rooney penalty rebound
    Hit crossbar
    Hart mistake
    Lanzini penalty miss
  • Given what I saw against LCFC and MCFC, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Moyes and the players.

Watford was irrelevant as it was his first game. Everton I will say was ‘one of those shocking days’. Hopefully we will defy the odds and pick up 4 points from the next two games. I don’t think it’s impossible but very difficult.
This discussion has been closed.