Less t’ think about? (Leicester H match thread Friday 24/11)

Comments

• respect the point, but still bottom 3
  • The commentator said that we need to buy quality in January but that's wrong, imo.

We're just lacking confidence going forward at the minute.
  • Adam

We had Sky comms 1st half and NBC 2nd.

Can safely and confidently say that they all talk a load of tosh.
  • Much better second half. Should have started like that.
    Putting a second striker on with just 3 mins to go? Should have been on much earlier.
    Fans were great.

Its a point in a game we really needed to win with the games we've got coming up
  • Arnie played best I've seen him ;clap

All players looked up for it.

Of course we lack quality, and confidence, but I felt we played more like our level, rather than underachieving all over the place.

• What game was he watching?

3A5F310B-E583-4187-8624-1DA154A03C68
  • Doesn't matter what game he watches. His comments are always rubbish ;ok
  • MrsGrey said:

Arnie played best I've seen him ;clap

All players looked up for it.

Of course we lack quality, and confidence, but I felt we played more like our level, rather than underachieving all over the place.

I would agree with that Mrs G. I also think Ayew looked well up for it when he came on
  • edited November 2017
    Well that was a lot better than I expected.

When we scored I’d forgotten what I was supposed to do ;lol

Glad I double socked, it’s freezing!
  • Atmosphere was Electric ⚡️
  • Those of you who like a flutter, get half a crown on us being the first team to beat Citeh this season.

Seriously.

I have visions.

Or delusions.

Maybe it's delusions...
  • No loss, and a weekend of football to come, without a looming sense of dread.

I love Friday night games.

;biggrin
  • Those of you who like a flutter, get half a crown on us being the first team to beat Citeh this season.

Seriously.

I have visions.

Or delusions.

Maybe it's delusions...

Put the drink down Grey... ;whistle
  • edited November 2017
    I have removed it, locked the drinks cabinet and put all sharp implements under the stairs.
  • edited November 2017
    Shame that Ogbonna continues to showcase his guide for how not to defend. We may well have pinched that had he dealt with that simple ball.

Much better. Can’t get too excited though. Terrible run of games to come, starting Weds, and still in the bottom 3. Will be a relegation scrap all season.

But I expected a loss and given we went 0-1 down early we can build on a point.
  • Bottom line is we need a minimum of 25 points from here on in. Seven wins and a handful of draws.

Seven wins.

Six-pointer against Everton for starters on Wednesday. Huge game.

I saw some positive signs tonight. Not many, but some. Just a tiny, teasing glimmer of hope.
  • MrsGrey said:

I have removed it, locked the drinks cabinet and put all sharp implements under the stairs.

But you live in a bungalow ;whistle
  • I liked Arnie and Masuaku on the wings. Kouyate was better. All in all not the 3 points we needed considering our position but a draw is not bad and the performance was much improved. With our squad and players coming back from injury we should hopefully see these performances continue and the confidence of our players come back. Felt a bit like an Upton Park game with the atmosphere and (slowly) improving confidence of our players. Hope we can build on this against Everton.
  • Arnie on the fans "i've never heard anything as loud as that"
  • Well of course not. He played for Stoke ;lol
  • Lots of positives performance levels were better again , despite going behind we came back to get a point . Now the negatives Andy Carroll I think Sakho should have replaced him the attacking focus was still a bit one dimensional . Overall much better the crowd were great especially second half if you give them something to cheer they make the place rock
  • MrsGrey said:

I think "under the stairs" is a little too close to the naughty step. Tempting fate.
  • Well I know that was "only" a 1-1 draw with Leicester, and I know it won`t go down in the annals as a classic, but I REALLY enjoyed that. We competed all over the pitch, and not only pressed the ball, but did it in two`s and three`s, hunted in packs like all the very best sides. Can`t really criticise anyone, Oggie had a mare for the goal, but apart from that played very well. IF we can keep that level of intensity up for the rest of the season, IF we can keep our best players fit, we will almost certainly be OK. Very brave of Moyes to drop Noble, didn`t expect it, wouldn`t have done it myself, but turned out to be a very good decision. In fact Noble had his best game for ages, continually chivvying the rest of the lads, very vocal and showed the odd burst of speed up and down the touchline, new role??

Looking forward to the next game, and the horror fixtures of December don`t look quite so daunting now, as long as we work as a team, we could spring the odd surprise. That top six better be looking over their shoulders. Moysie and Pearce are coming for ya. ;scarf
  • edited November 2017
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/24/david-moyes-west-ham-running-shouting-leicester-city#comment-108745651 I do love a Barney Ronay match report. Much better than the odious Jacob Steinberg.

He always has a special mention for AC.

Andy Carroll also played, although playing is a rather gentle verb to describe what Carroll does on a football pitch these days. A lack of mobility has left him snorting and gasping, always a little short. Carroll does not play football. He inflicts it. He wreaks football. But for a while he really did put himself about, chopping windpipes, winning headers, crashing into the advert hoardings, appearing dramatically in the centre of things, like the fuselage of a burning Messerschmitt tumbling from the skies.

;biggrin
  • edited November 2017
    Lukerz said:

Shame that Ogbonna continues to showcase his guide for how not to defend. We may well have pinched that had he dealt with that simple ball.

tbf, he slipped or 'lost his footing' (according to the bbc match report, anyway) as he was trying to play it. Which is just one of those things particularly to be rued when it happens at a crucial point.
  • McHammer said:

Arnie on the fans "i've never heard anything as loud as that"

That’s really interesting because I felt that on TV it seemed pretty flat, but apparently that might not be the case
  • I thought that Arnie was really impressive. Couple of good balls into the box, but what really impressed me was the work rate. I think he could be key under Moyes.

Masuaku was... I’m not sure. He was involved a lot, but he didn’t really produce anything like quality. My dad and I laughed at how every time he had the ball he rolled his studs over it, and then when he rolled it out of play towards the end it seems to sum him up. Dangerous positions, nothing of note.

I thought both centre backs had a poor game overall, although Reid did bail out Masuaku at one point which we desperately needed.

Carroll was absolutely anonymous imo. I was amazed Sakho didn’t come on for him with 30 to go. When we aren’t getting the ball in the perfect areas for Carroll he offers little else, and Sakho could have stretched the play running the channels.

Overall, positive steps.
  • AC will look anonymous until we can get a cross into the box that doesn't hit the first defender or the opposite corner flag. He won, as usual, the vast majority of balls played into him and instead of just flicking on he brought the ball down on his chest and laid it off. I'm not sure what else he is supposed to do.
    As for that piece in the paper, well! What a load of nonsense.
  • edited November 2017
    alderz

Think you are being harsh on Arthur.

One of the few players we had prepared to, and able to, take on players.

I'd rather see him get in to those positions and fail, than have another player return the ball to the defenders because they didn't want it.

Think the quality will come.

I'm far more concerned by Lanzini's continued unimpressive form.
  • I like AC, I really do, but he isn`t a 90 minute striker, and he shouldn`t be our first choice striker. Hernandez, Sakho, Ayew and even Antonio should be ahead of him. He should be our plan B. An impact sub. Interesting take on the centre backs Alderz, I thought they played well overall. Leicester have a potent, quick strike force and I thought the centre backs played them well. Where we did get exposed at times was in behind the fullbacks (IMO) but even that happened a lot less frequently than of late (last 18 months). I thought Masuaku had a good game, very frustrating at times, and that lapse at the end was inexcusable, but he didn`t hide, he showed for the ball, and he worked hard. Improve his decision making, cos I know he can deliver a fine ball, he`s proved that, and he will be a real asset. Positive steps ;ok
This discussion has been closed.