Less t’ think about? (Leicester H match thread Friday 24/11)

Comments

• That's my worry - well one of my many worries WHU_

All this vitriol never helps, ever.

Vardy runs through on goal and our defenders part like the red sea and its all she wrote...

Sack the board chants from the stands.

Abuse aimed at the players.

It's not how I like to watch my football or support my team.

• Some fans will be on their backs...
  • Its always being like that, fans want to be entertained and West Ham are doing little to justify entertainment let alone football of a quality that is worthy of the Premier League. When you pay Premier League football prices you expect a Premier League performance.
  • Yeol I know im not saying its a new thing or its not warranted but at the end of the day booing and chanting players aren't fit to wear the shirt don't exactly inspire a fightback more a collapse

The game will be tense from the off and a early goal for us will at least give the fans something to cheer for not against

Easier said then don't though given the way we are playing
  • Its always being like that, fans want to be entertained and West Ham are doing little to justify entertainment let alone football of a quality that is worthy of the Premier League. When you pay Premier League football prices you expect a Premier League performance.

Then you are quite mad... I have been a season ticket holder for longer than a lot of you have been alive, I never once expected Premier League performance's.

We expect unconditional loyalty yet when the chips are down fail to show even a glimmer of it.

Worse than the Arsenal...
  • That is your own personal expectation but not shared by everyone.

Money changed the game in more ways than one across the whole game.
  • I agree Yeold about the money and the having to sit down has changed football.

• Then you are quite mad... I have been a season ticket holder for longer than a lot of you have been alive, I never once expected Premier League performance's.

We expect unconditional loyalty yet when the chips are down fail to show even a glimmer of it.

Worse than the Arsenal...

Perhaps all those promises of the next level and world class players in a world class stadium raised a few people's expectations...

• edited November 2017
    Promise (noun): an assurance that one will definitely do something or that something will happen.

• Well, we are still waiting.
  • Yeol I know im not saying its a new thing or its not warranted but at the end of the day booing and chanting players aren't fit to wear the shirt don't exactly inspire a fightback more a collapse

The game will be tense from the off and a early goal for us will at least give the fans something to cheer for not against

Easier said then don't though given the way we are playing

I don't agree with booing players either, but they spend their money to go there, its not against any rules to boo and if that's how they want to spend their money and time so be it.

The players improved their running distance against Watford but we are still bottom / second from bottom in distance covered overall ? lack of effort ? lack of application. I don't know. I agree with a lot of commentators and pundits that say its the players that need to get the crowd excited and get them off the seats, the crowd respond to what they see. The players haven't done that at all in the league this season really. When they are earning 50k a week+ and are not even putting in the hard yards, its hard to get behind a team who can't give 100% for 90 minutes.
  • For anyone else who looks out for ref appointments ,
    Martin Atkinson for this game
    & Everton (a) Micheal Oliver
  • championship deal with it
  • When you get players such as Obiang today saying we need to work hard to be fit to do the things the manager wants us to do its a worry. We are 12 games in and pre season started at the beginning of July ie nearly 5 months ago so it's a sorry state to still not to be fit.
    If, as many said, pre season is only about fitness, then we'd better start now for next season and maybe come August we will be there or thereabouts.
    We may have a lot more games next season, at least another 8 in the league. ;wink
  • Adrian

Zabaletta Reid Ogbonna Cresswell

Rice
    Kouyate Masuaku

Lanzini

Ayew Sakho

• Brother_Sledge. If Moyes does persist with four at the back, apart from Noble or Wonky Thumb for Kouyate, that is about as good as it gets with the players available. ;ok
  • edited November 2017
    Anyone seen Mr Collins
  • Arnautovic available according to Sky. Thumb scan came back clear.
  • Lukerz said:

Arnautovic available according to Sky. Thumb scan came back clear.

At least we know his hamstrings are loose from all that warming down he did on the pitch, glad he is okay

• Desperately need 3 points. Moyes prefers 4 in a flat back but after seeing the performance against Watford and considering speedy forward line of Leicester he might opt for 3-4-3 as Anotnio, Ayew and Arnautovic are expected to be fit.
    If so, I would like to see this team

Adrian
    Rice - Reid - Ogbonna
    Antonio -Noble - Lanzini- Masuaku
    Arnautvic- Sakho - Ayew

Will he be adventurous or will he seek safety?
  • I feel there should be a setting on this website that enables all posts to start with "We desperately need 3 points..."
  • We desperately need 33 points ;wink
  • We desperately need 3 point points, but we won't get them unless we improve significantly.
  • We desperately need 3 points........I’m sorry I forgot what I was going to say...... but we desperately need 3 points......it happened again ;weep
  • Sorry same as last season another
    Home defeat for me they will be too quick on the break and we cannot defend or keep a clean sheet , our attack at Watford looked
    Slow and too one dimensional we need more than a new manager we need some
    Young players to come in with some fight
    And attitude until this happens it’s the same
    Old story for me .
  • "Save our Season" game.
  • Adrian
    Kouyate/Collins Reid Ogbonna
    Antonio Rice Obiang Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Sakho Ayew

This way Antonio can play wide right. He can't play RB in a back 4 and am I the only one to find Zabaletta underwhelming so far ? (Byram has been a disappointment too.)
    Give Lanzini a free role behind a front 2 instead of being out wide. 2 up front means we can pressure their defenders a bit more when they start to build play.
  • An agree, but not with the Byram bit. Don`t think we`ve seen enough of him, certainly not as a wing back, at which I think (hope) he would shine.
  • Lukerz said:

Arnautovic available according to Sky. Thumb scan came back clear.

All that screaming and rolling around looks a bit embarrassing now doesn't it? Didn't even break his thumb ;doh
This discussion has been closed.