Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• Not sure what you regard as 'classless' in that (apart from the organ it appears in...), but each to their own onions.
  • And as soon as the job became available, some of our past managers were straight on the phone asking for another chance to work with us
    Assuming Sam wasn't one of them that could be anyone from Steve Bruce, Alex McLeish, Avram Grant, Trevor Francis, Gianfranco Zola and Barry Fry.

Moyes looks more like a good choice every day.......
  • ASLEF

She could mean 'our' as in West Ham too. Which would include Pards, Curbs & Harry?
  • Not sure what you regard as 'classless' in that (apart from the organ it appears in...), but each to their own onions.

Kicking a man while he's down, for a start.
  • It's a difficult one seeing as she has a regular column in the Sun. Had she not mentioned the sacking she'd have been pilloried and called a coward and seeing as she and the board seem to have nothing but respect for the man what she said seemed pretty straightforward to me.
    You can disagree with the paper or her politics but as long as what they do for the club is right or for the right reasons I have no issue with it.
    Some managers write for newspapers but do their supporters hate them if they don't like the paper, I don't know.

Well, that would be classless, but I don't see that she is doing that. Seems to me she goes out of her way to say positive things about him whilst explaining why the board felt they had no choice but to sack him.

I think you'd struggle to find many fans who would disagree with her assessment:

a thoroughly decent man who was unable to deliver the performances or results the club and fans might have expected from the squad he had assembled.

• I know.

Whilst she is vice-chair of a large PL football club maybe she should step down from her column.

Wouldn't feel pressured either way then.

Problem solved.

• I am of the opinion that all football clubs should follow Everton and Liverpool's lead in banning the sun and their 'operatives' from the ground and training facility given what they published post Hillsborough and on many occasions since.

I can not line up what KB says about women in the workplace with the overall ethos of the 'publication' she writes for.

Hypocrisy with a large slice of double standards.
  • edited November 2017
    The problem for me is that once again a member of the board has taken the 'it's definitely not us' line. I felt Sully did it with his statement on the OS when Bilic was sacked, and now this from Brady.

I know people will interpret things differently, but to suggest that the board gave him everything he wanted, and our 'failures' have nothing to do with the stadium are placing the blame solely on Bilic, which I think is both unfair and wrong.

I appreciate she said some nice things about him, but I don't know how necessary it was to say

"There was always an air of sadness about him, even in the good times.

In his first six months, when Dimitri Payet was inspiring the team with his Gallic brilliance, Bilic sometimes looked pensive, as though he thought this was a lucky break and might not go on. He never quite recovered after the player staged a strike and went back to Marseille."

Like Horsham says, it has the feel of kicking a man when he's down to me.
  • edited November 2017
    That stuff about sadness and so on is just utter tosh, imo. At best it is opinion based on hindsight and at worst just made up nonsense. Like when the neighbours of someone who turns out to be a murderer announce that there was always something odd about his eyes.

Well, that would be classless, but I don't see that she is doing that. Seems to me she goes out of her way to say positive things about him whilst explaining why the board felt they had no choice but to sack him.

I think you'd struggle to find many fans who would disagree with her assessment:

a thoroughly decent man who was unable to deliver the performances or results the club and fans might have expected from the squad he had assembled.

Yes and no, while the overall assessment is correct, it's the way she has actually worded it. Things like the following for example

He began to run out of ideas as the team’s initial defiance to Payet’s behaviour faded and less than a year later the manager had also departed.
    That's an unneeded dig at him.
  • It's what a lot of people on here have been saying.
  • Perhaps, but we're not linked to the club in a professional capacity. Brady should have a bit more professional integrity, IMO
  • It's what a lot of people on here have been saying.

They have, but we are not his ex-employer and we are not saying it in a national newspaper.
  • Is it not called "damning with faint praise"?
  • NEoldiron said:

Is it not called "damning with faint praise"?

No. It`s called being a slimy toad.
  • I cant see anything changes

Once the fans are against the board there is little that's going to be done

The David's bought the club 7 years ago is anything rustic going to change?

I was 100% opposed to moving to the OS as we the majority of fans and the club has regressed since we left

I want the board gone personally although can't see it, they want their sons to take over (if you were their sons would you want to take over the club at present?)
  • A person who slags off the club in public, chants against them at game, puts up banners to say how rubbish West ham is, vocally insults the WH players at a match .... remind me again how they are different from a Spurs fan or a Millwall fan who expresses the same sentiments and exhibits the same behaviour?
  • edited November 2017
    Tbf I wasn’t impressed with the chanting at 0-0 before the first goal. But after what they watched you can understand the frustration.
  • Although I felt immediately that the appointment of Moyes was a huge gamble for the board as they were going against the massive majority of peoples view in favour of their own, something which meant they would be responsible more than if perhaps going for someone who was hoped for or wanted, however I still feel it is ludicrous to judge that gamble after one match, Surely Moyes needs a fair crack and in turn the board opportunity to have their judgement fairly measured over a decent amount of time.
  • Sky
    How much time
    We need another 28 points
    We only have 9
  • edited November 2017
    I think now he is employed it's for the rest of the season as anything else would appear an even greater example of not knowing what they were doing. Don't get me wrong I am not in agreement with the appointment just the feeling that you cant expect a new manger to turn things around immediately or the boards judgement to be measured so immediately.

I think the board will rightly have their competency measured by this appointment in the same way we measure managers and players, they earned the right to back their judgment but it's perfectly ok for the fans to express their view of that judgement and competency.... but not one match in.

• Personally I don’t think the relationship between the board and many fans has been worse since they arrived.

I hope they’re working 24x7 to gets some funds for January and (the key bit) spend them wisely, backing Moyes in what HE needs to get 17th place.

• I think that really is the key bit Slaven, and our failure in the past in recruitment a large part to blame in the sobering thought that 17th is now the ambition this season. I say sobering as before last season we had just finished a great season in which we could of and did beat anyone, qualified for Europe and moved into a new stadium with our first truly world class player in a long while. Then due in part to the worst transfer window known to man we slip downward and have continued to do so, now we are clinging to the hope of achieving 17th.

The board will need supply funds as this team is too disjointed, a solid defensive midfielder with character and leadership qualities and another striker in my view.
  • Great to see the fans turning on the board... It has been coming. Probably the first time it has been so vocal at a game.
    They were there too, so I'm glad they could hear it loud and clear. They've ruined this club
  • edited November 2017
    Screenshot_20171120-003335
  • edited November 2017
    That was the most vitriolic that a lot of the travelling fans have been in recent years.