International break matches

124»

Comments

• Of course they do... ;angry

• Yeold

I didn't say you were wrong I said the stats would suggest that you were. I don't really understand why you would act like that is an attack of some kind.

You are perfectly entitled to hold any opinion you want, I don't care.
  • According to stats, Bilic brought us the most number of points per game since Bonds, I think. Just sayin'

Yes, over all of his games in charge here, but this season only 0.818 pts per game, so on projection a season total of just over 31 points.
  • Why is it that long term injuries to key spurs players tend to only keep them out of action for about 20 minutes, whereas short term injuries to West Ham players last for about 6 weeks ;hmm
  • Caution previous comment is not backed up by stats
  • Barack, because their injuries are Champions League related......
  • alderz said:

Yeold

I didn't say you were wrong I said the stats would suggest that you were. I don't really understand why you would act like that is an attack of some kind.

You are perfectly entitled to hold any opinion you want, I don't care.

O_o
  • Was me, not yeold that said that. Don't try and mince words. You knew what you meant Alderz.
  • Was me, not yeold that said that. Don't try and mince words. You knew what you meant Alderz.

I owe an apology to Yeold then.

Yes I do know what I meant, which is why I explained what I meant in a subsequent post, because you clearly did not understand what I meant first time. I’m glad it’s all cleared up now.
  • Adam said:

Peru are 10th in the world?!

They must still have the mighty Nobby Solano.

They do indeed - watched the match live on TV here in California, and Nobby was on the bench as part of Peru's coaching staff.
  • So Drinkwater is straight up honest and says he doesn't think he should be in the England team because he hasn't played enough and isn't match fit at all. Played less than an hours total football or something like that and the pundits and twitter are all up in arms that he should never be picked again.

but no-one is saying the same about the Spurs lot who were all "injured" and are suddenly recovered in time for Arsenal..

How is being honest about whether you think you are right to play for England at this time worse than faking injury to avoid it.
  • edited November 2017
    Makes me so ;angry

Reid has been to NZ and back for his national team and as a result will be unable to play on Sunday I would have thought.

The Spurs lot couldn't even make themselves available for a game at the ground they play their domestic football in! ;angry
  • To be fair to Kane, he was just back from a hamstring and got a heavy knock (which mostly likely bruised too ;wahoo ) vs Palace.

Of course he's in my FF team too so he should be wrapped up in cotton wool sometimes

In any case, like it or not, most of us believe that Kane, Alli, Sterling and Rashford (Rashford and Sterling at least get rotated and dont play 90 minutes often) are our top England forward players. If they get crocked playing too many games then when they're jaded at the World Cup we will not be impressed.

Alongside Walker/Trippier plus Dier and Rose (maybe even Winks!) that Spurs link/understanding will be a major factor in whether we embarrass ourselves at a major tournament again.
  • Baz

That's true, but surely thats a decision for the physios and the manager, not the players to claim false injury?
  • edited November 2017
    Has anyone proved they weren't injured?

Winks and Kane went off early in the Palace game and Alli's hamstring kept him out of the Palace game. Poch went from saying Kane would definitely play against Arsenal (at the start of the international break) to more recently saying Kane needs a late fitness test for the Arsenal game...

It goes against the grain to stick up for the Spurs contingent but they seem to have valid reasons for missing the friendlies.