International break matches

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Important double save by Randy keeps things even at the break.

All Denmark for most of that half.
  • Seems strange to see a Danish player called Delaney.
  • Big hand from Randy at the death sees it end 0-0.

Not an enjoyable game to watch, tbh.

Ireland will be the happier, but will need to offer more in attack come Tuesday.
  • Good result for the Irish, Randolph played very well indeed
  • Sums up Ireland to me wants to play and do well good number two for us, When Adrian was first choice and can’t blame him for leaving
  • I'm not usually that bothered about international football matches anymore including those that include the home nations.

But fairness must prevail.

Come on Northern Ireland
  • How on earth is this still 0-0. It should be 5-2 at least by now
  • Well that was a good game to watch.

But terrible quality in the final third.
  • Northern Ireland are that plucky team that have a solid defence but pony attack.
  • Italy (0) v Sweden (1) tonight 7:45pm
    Ireland (0) v Denmark (0) tomorrow 7:45pm
    Australia (0) v Honduras (0) Wednesday 9:00am
    Peru (0) v New Zealand (0) Thursday 2:15am

If Italy, Denmark or Peru qualify they'll be in Pot 2 with England, Ireland or Sweden would be in Pot 3, New Zealand, Australia or Honduras Pot 4
  • The last time Italy failed to reach the World Cup was 1958

The 1958 World Cup was held in Sweden

;hmm
  • England v Brasil.

;sofa
  • Wow the Brazil team looks a bit tasty.... but no fear we have Loftus-Cheek....
  • Oh good.

Glen Twaddle is co-comms.
  • Ireland go from 1-0 to 1-2 in the blink of an eye.

2nd was like watching West Ham - over-commiting going forwards, losing it and getting creamed on the counter.
  • England have a midfield of Livermore, Dier and Loftus-Cheek.

And it's literally the best we can do.

Yikes.
  • Loftus-Cheek injured and sub'ed.
  • I got annoyed at how poor the Englide side looked against Germany, and then I remembered how many times I have read / heard / thought “I wish he’d just play the kids”
  • I think we're doing alright tonight.

Not the kicking I had expected.
  • Looking like two 0-0s for England. Clever strategy from Southgate. Play for the penalties in the World Cup. We know how good we are at those!
  • Ireland just bottled it
  • Hart has looked good when called upon. One thing that's really stood out with me is his kicking this match has been great (both when going long and short). To feet and accurate even when he's being pressed down by Brazil attackers.
  • Yeold

Don't think we bottled it. We lost our heads when it go to 1-1, pushing for a goal when we should have kept it tight until half time, and needing to score two more goals was always going to be beyond us.
  • Dier is such an average player. Don't get it at all
  • I think Dier is quality, personally.

He needs someone next to him who is at least a bit creative though
  • Many looked at that side and predicted a right hiding, they done well, very well. Two draws against two of the worlds best teams
  • Alderz

Jake Livermore doesn't do it for you alongside Dier? ;lol
  • tbh, Adam, I don't think Livermore has done any wrong for England, but no he isn't exciting.

In a midfield two I would have Dier + Alli , or (if Alli is playing behind the striker), I would probably want Dier + Wilshere if fit.
  • If fit I believe he’s one of the best creative midfielders in the premier league but it’s a big if