Will there be a new captain under the new manager?

2»

Comments

• And why does Hammer fans say "Oh Dear" every time the opposition score.
  • Because we’re well mannered and obey site rules
  • Cheers, Alderz for the stats. On reflection, what I was trying to say was that being captain seems to make Reid less effective as a player. IMO. Whereas Zabaleta's game and experience may be more suited to a captain's role (despite the yellow cards.) I'm not sure Noble will be a regular in the team next year, and I don't want him to suffer the abuse Nolan had to put up with in his last season.
  • Seems to me that Moyes has relatively little time in which to make an impact.

If not Marky, then who, realistically?

Unless Moyes identifies Marky Mark as one of the problems (and I find that highly unlikely) I can only seeing Moyes sticking with him, until the end of the season at least.
  • Personally, if I were to line up our players in order of appropriateness for captaincy at the club, I would probably go something like:

Noble > Collins > Reid > Zabaleta > Obiang
  • Oh Dear. Mark Noble to keep being selected! ;nonono
  • Fortune ;thumbsup
    you started the sentence with "Oh dear"

;biggrin
  • Carroll was given the armband when Noble and Reid were both unavailable against Hull and Sunderland last season
  • Wouldn't have Carroll as captain, purely down to the fact that he misses to
    many games through injuries. Noble for me, but would he make the first eleven.
  • Hammerex,

Probably No.
  • I don’t think it matters if he makes the 11 or not. Noble is the club captain, if he’s not in the side someone else captains the 11
  • Just to clarify, my original remark concerned next year's Captain, not this. Nobes is the Captain, Reid Vice Captain, don't see that changing. But next year...
  • Depends on who is in charge.
  • IMO, Mark Noble will be club captain until he leaves, which will probably be when he retires.