The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• I'll reserve judgement on the new manager and the situation at the club at the moment and let things play out. It might just be that Moyes has a point to prove since his last few appointments and he sees us as the ideal place to do it. In which case we will benefit from it, having said that, the fact it has now been reported that in Jan we may be selling off some of the younger players to raise funds (not just those mentioned in the articles quoted) does partway confirm some other noises I have picked up (not going to say as they are currently unfounded at present).

You'd have thought it would be better and more progressive to bring the younger players through and sell off those (who would probably bring in more money and are on higher wages) more senior players who they are replacing/no longer needed - long term planning and all that, surely the board and owners must be thinking in that direction?
  • If the training intensity was that poor why as Club Captain didn't Noble speak to Bilic about it.

I think that is just an excuse to cover the awful attitude of most players. We have had quite few managers Zola, Grant , Allardyce etc. In recent times and performances were as poor then on the whole as now. I would guess that Payet could also see what was happening and left.

I think the troubles at this club stem from the players poor attitude on and off the pitch as much as the managers being poor .

That will be Mr Moyes real challenge. Instilling a proper work and team ethic into our players.

I hope he can do it and wish him luck.
  • Admeus

I think that was the point being made earlier in the thread. The argument presented by the Mirror (that has no quotes, not even a "source close to") doesn't really seem to stack up. Selling Oxford, Cullen, Martinez, Burke, Rice would probably get us enough to sign William Carvalho's arm -though , admittedly, this may be an improvement on our defensive midfield options.
  • Didn't Mr BFS do a lot to improve fitness
  • Moyes doing first press conference now.
  • edited November 2017
    well that's that "Winning First, Style Second." Looks like we are in for a slogfest for the rest of the season to grind out points. "I want to start defensively, we have to start there and get some clean sheets." "My ambition is short term. I have to win the games"
  • Yes yeold, saying we’ve got a good manager and he’s back in work, and happy with six month contract so he can take a look at London and we can take a look at David Moyes
  • Also how we have a strong squad and shouldn’t be in the position we in
  • well that's that "Winning First, Style Second." Looks like we are in for a slogfest for the rest of the season to grind out points. "I want to start defensively, we have to start there and get some clean sheets." "My ambition is short term. I have to win the games"

Well, obviously. We’re in the relegation zone. I’d love to see your reaction if a manager came in while we sat 18th in the league and said ‘I’m not worried about winning games or points, I just want to play good football’.
  • He wants to focus on winning

Good enough for me, that’s what we need desperately right now
  • edited November 2017
    He said at the end he is talking to to "Stuart" for a coach role, I assume he means Pearce.
  • Hopefully he will be able to find enough players to put on the pitch!
  • edited November 2017
    I am just happy to have found someone other than the owners who believe in the appointment and are willing to go on record.

"It is good for West Ham, they are getting a good manager,"
    David Moyes
  • well that's that "Winning First, Style Second." Looks like we are in for a slogfest for the rest of the season to grind out points. "I want to start defensively, we have to start there and get some clean sheets." "My ambition is short term. I have to win the games"

You complain after every defeat/game about the abysmal defending then when the new manager says he going to concentrate on the defence you complain again.

Can't please some people!
  • It's ok everyone. Moyes will be a great manager. He comes from a family known for original thinking. His father is called David and his son is called David.
  • I am just happy to have found someone other than the owners who believe in the appointment and are willing to go on record.

"It is good for West Ham, they are getting a good manager,"
    David Moyes
    The massiah speaks ;ok
  • What are you talking about lol.

As far as i was aware most of our defensive mistakes as pointed out before were down to individual errors rather than how the manager set them out. But if you want to take a pop at me to make a point keep on lad.
  • I like everything Moyes has said so far.

• Still not convinced yet but wasn’t with Bilic at first but will give him time and opportunity to let me eat humble pie again
  • If the training intensity was that poor why as Club Captain didn't Noble speak to Bilic about it.

How do you know he didn't?
  • I have nothing useful to say, I just want to make sure my new username is working.

Yeah.

How do you know he didn't?
    Well if he did why was he asking him what went wrong surely he would have known
  • I have nothing useful to say, I just want to make sure my new username is working.

Yeah.

The thing is when you do that this site quotes your new user name on your old posts. So you are in effect eulogising over our new manager even whilst commenting on our old one when he was still in situ ;hmm
  • Foresight.

Historical revisionism.
  • I’m so confused as to what to think now.
    Tomorrow I will wear my pants back to front.
    And put a small stone in my shoe just to make me slightly more uncomfortable than I currently am. Good job it’s only football and nothing terribly important. ;whistle
  • Wombat
    Till the blows the whistle ;whistle
  • Decent press conference glad he said some nice things about Slav , he seems focused and knows what the problems are. Here's hoping he can get us back to winning ways soon
  • I have not been this annoyed about a manager since Rodent, I hope I am wrong, I even survived watching he who shall not be named, the Scottish manager (mark 1) ;nonono ;weep coyi
This discussion has been closed.