The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• Been reading a few comments regarding Slave, both current and from his Betsitkas days, to the effect that he was great for passion and motivation but lacking as a tactician although I think we could all see that at the end.
    Is Moyes a better tactician, who knows? However, he did keep Everton in the upper half for several seasons without a lot of investment.
  • And when people say he failed at Sociedad...did he really? Are they the sort of side that regularly excels in La Liga or are they normally a bottom half side? They finished 12th in the season he managed them (after taking over in November). Is that an underachievement for them? He was then sacked three months into the following season.

Not sure that’s a failure. He did well in his first season and then started badly in his second. Was only there a year.
  • Has Stuart Pearce been appointed yet? I only ask as however much we like ex players, and more recently it seems specifically left backs, to join our staff, I’d rather have someone there in merit alone. It doesn’t seem like Pearce is currently in a job, therefore is he any good? Dicks I believe managed the Women’s team. Was he any good? We need competent people not PR stunts.
  • I think Dicks was our defence coach.
  • ;hmm Trouble with players like Dicks and Pearce is there old school .The game has changed .those two would get a red card each week if they were playing today .now one of our famous bubbles would knock a striker over .
  • One thing you can't escape from is that while he was manager at Everton they did better than us most if not every season.
  • Lukerz said:

And when people say he failed at Sociedad...did he really? Are they the sort of side that regularly excels in La Liga or are they normally a bottom half side? They finished 12th in the season he managed them (after taking over in November). Is that an underachievement for them? He was then sacked three months into the following season.

Not sure that’s a failure. He did well in his first season and then started badly in his second. Was only there a year.

Not sure lukerz there 7th this year so far think with seventeen points real third with 23 eight off Barcelona poor league but after united and not blaming Moyes for that he wasn’t wanted by many clubs think he just went to try prove a point, same with Sunderland. Me not wanting him isn’t because of Man U,sociadad or Sunderland I just feel we can do a lot better than that I didn’t want Bilic as you know but still think he had have enough to keep us up this year in what is a poor bottom half of the table, the David’s say we backed him in the transfer market but with a net spend as reported by some as fifteen million is that real backing I hope Moyes does well and then moves on reputation improved and gets another club just not ours
  • I’m amazed that no one else has sussed the owners cunning plan. David Sullivan and David Gold have brought in David Moyes as manager. The next step is to change the team to a team of David’s starting with David Seaman in goal. David Beckham has also agreed to come out of retirement and we’re poaching Diddy David Hamilton from Fulham as stadium announcer. I tell you they’re davmented and they’ll stop at nothing until they have daveloped this!!!
  • But even Zaza scoring goals in that league for fun so maybe the football world
  • Really as gone mad
  • edited November 2017
    Looks like the team actually had a training session today.

Previously all I saw was shooting practise, jogging in circles and practise matches. Then some Facebook vid showing Ayew’s quality volley or a tackle from Ginge. Looks like there were some actual drills going on today by the pics.
  • edited November 2017
    Moyes will do this
    Moyes will do that

I hope Moyes does very well

It’s ;scarf coyi I support
    The board ,,, have there own agenda “ what ever that is”
    Should be building club in to global brand,

Rolls eyes
    Raises eye brews

I don’t want to hear
    it’s the players
    It’s the pitch
    Its the reff
    Bear bones

Still I am a
    coyi supporter

• Sullivan saying appointing Moyes a gamble and no one lined up long term, also the mirror saying Slaven asked the players where they thought it went wrong and told lack of discipline.
  • Sorry blaming Slaven for allowing discipline standards to slip
  • 0BC9A20C-E577-4342-9250-46A7745734DC

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-transfers-january-moyes-11484345

That’ll be popular (I’ve not read this article yet but I’m sure it’s garbage with no quotes or anything)
  • If only there was such things as self-discipline and professional pride
  • alderz said:

0BC9A20C-E577-4342-9250-46A7745734DC

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-transfers-january-moyes-11484345

That’ll be popular (I’ve not read this article yet but I’m sure it’s garbage with no quotes or anything)

I would suggest it's entirely made up. For a start, we were offering Sporting £25m for Carvalho, so you would think we have at least that to spend in January.

And I'd doubt that even our board would consider selling any of what is widely considered the best group of youth players that we've seen for a long time.
  • Yep utter nonsense

I do think Moyes will be given funds to strengthen in Jan

My own opinion is that the daves may have held back a bit in the summer as they didn’t have full trust in Slavs judgment when it came to transfers. Which is why they should have just parted with him then rather than splurging on the likes of Arny at Slavs request.
  • edited November 2017
    Sullivan in today’s Sun

“He did not make this about money”

= he was the cheapest option
  • Barracks, he wouldn’t make it about money he was desperate for the job I’d imagine he was on borrowed time, can’t believe many clubs would want him, suppose he was lucky, saw article which said he was the best available to us,or more than likely the only one who’d come cheap for us at the time.
  • Cuz

Desperate to prove a point brings back memories of Mido and his £1k a week deal.

I’m hoping this time round the gamble (which even sully acknowledges it is per his quotes in the Sun) pays off.
  • Sullivan in today’s Sun

“He did not make this about money”

= he was the cheapest option

Possibly. Although, to be fair, we may have approached Ancelotti but he asked for an extortionate amount of money for six months work and that's what Sully was hinting at.

If Moyes keeps us up then arguably he was the right choice. The bigger challenge, if we do survive, is what we do in May.
  • Well if it looks like it’s failing I be in touch and offer my services at a lower rate, with what’s around us I’d keep that lot up and be no disciplinary problems
  • Barracks, forgot to add with mido we were robbed there.
  • A manager named David Moyes
    is causing a fair bit of noise
    by joining West Ham
    There's now many a pram
    which no longer holds any toys!
    ;scarf
  • OCS

Yes indeed - if we finish 16th, 3 points above the drop zone does he get kept on?? ;hmm
  • He gets the £2m part of his salary package that would otherwise (in the case of relegation) be withheld.

Allegedly.
  • Two million and hopefully a hand shake and a thank you because there be better options available
  • alderz said:

0BC9A20C-E577-4342-9250-46A7745734DC

What would Oxford even be worth? Surely if you needed to sell someone you'd get more for Ogbonna or Sakho? I definitely doubt selling Cullen would free up much funds.
This discussion has been closed.