Watford vs West Ham United - 19.11.17 - Match Thread

Comments

• Adam, let’s hope not be using the excuse I’ve been overworked
  • Westley said:
    We knew before the game that defensively it was going to be tough for us because so many of our players were missing – we had a lot of square pegs in round holes, players out of position so we knew that whole defensive unit was a bit of a gamble. In midfield and in attack, we created chances but we were always going to let in goals.”
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/november/17-november/westley-were-disappointed-we-will-learn#tSbyCY2sgJjOkVmR.99
  • Pessimism averted ;phew
  • Ayew is out tomorrow ill. According to exwhuemployee which means it's probably true.
  • edited November 2017
    Martinez on the bench tomorrow according to Ex. Rice and Quina too.
  • edited November 2017
    A massive match tomorrow as if we can get something from it with a solid performance confidence will repair but knowing the run of matches we have in December we don't have the luxury of time and so need turn things around quickly.

First goal will be very important as if we get it we will start to believe but if Watford do we could capitulate.

I am backing Carroll to have a screamer, literally, 13-2 first scorer.
  • Match Day ;wahoo
  • COYI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf
  • It may not happen in this game, but at least I feel there is a possibility of change to come, whereas, sadly, by the end I didn't see Slav managing to do that.

I just hope fans give Moyes a little time if we don't show that immediately.
  • It may not happen in this game, but at least I feel there is a possibility of change to come, whereas, sadly, by the end I didn't see Slav managing to do that.

I just hope fans give Moyes a little time if we don't show that immediately.

Me to grey, because would give me no pleasure in saying told you so because that would certainly mean relagation
  • ;wahoo
    coyi ;wahoo coyi ;wahoo coyi
  • cover the base
  • Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell is the back four today according to whufc_bulletin
  • I'm quite nervous for today...although tbf I always am

I like everything Moyes has said and done so far but he's only had 2 weeks

I'm not just nervous about this game but I know how many difficult games coming up that this is a 3 points must for me
  • Champo
    ;ok
    ;wahoo coyi ;wahoo coyi ;wahoo coyi
  • Honeymoon period
    ;barrera
    coyi
    coyi ; all wee arrr sahhhing iizzzz gifffuzz uzzzz arrrrh a gull
  • edited November 2017
    Team today is:

Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Kouyate
    Arnautovic - Noble - Obiang - Lanzini
    Carroll

Adrian, Rice, Masuaku, Fernandes, Quina, Martinez, Sakho
  • COYI ;scarf COYI ;scarf COYI ;scarf COYI ;scarf COYI
  • Interesting that Moyes has gone with Noble-Obiang-Kouyate in midfield, something Bilic hasn’t really done since 2015/16.
  • Will be an interesting test to see if Moyes can find a way to get Carroll involved in the game. Our service to our forwards has mostly been shocking this season.

It doesn't look the most creative team on paper, so let's see what (if anything) he has managed to come up with.
  • ;scarf
    Unfortunately will have to record the game to watch 'live' later tonight.
    Mrs and I are doing an escape room thingy with friends in Canterbury then out for a pub meal.
    Hope I can avoid hearing the score etc. coyi
  • Keen to see where Lanzini plays. It looks like wide on right but I hope he can get up and support Carroll, as Hazard did yesterday.
    Good to see 3 youngsters on the bench.
  • Yum
    Bro
    ;barrera
    coyi
    scarvab
This discussion has been closed.