Watford vs West Ham United - 19.11.17 - Match Thread

Comments

• Well don't do it again Lukerz. The natives don't like it. It normally leads to Hamstew and his distracting clowns.
  • edited November 2017
    Lukerz said:

MrsGrey said:

Lukerz, as alderz alluded to, it was your post that I felt was half a story.. bit like offering a teaser trailer when I'm wanting the whole shebang including plot spoilers ;biggrin

But I’m not going to make stuff up. Hernandez came off injured on international duty which I posted earlier this week, Antonio was already injured and we know Winnie goes around the world in 80 days whenever he plays for NZ.

I wasn’t trying to be deliberately mysterious. I was at work and just posted it. ;ok

Sorry for being a bit obscure.
    I know you would't make it up ;ok

But you said it was 'reported' ... so that for me prompts the question who/where.
    If you'd just presented it as your own deductions I'd have been happy to accept it has a solid basis. (Well, 90% happy, anyway ;wink )

I just distrust stuff on blogs, twitter and other gossip social media (and trash tabloids) unless I know them and/or have checked them out.
  • edited November 2017
    ;ok

Well ‘apparently’ (whufc_bulletin) Moyes wants to use Lanzini as a wide left player, not a No.10.

So for Saturday, in light of the ‘doubts’, reckon we’ll see:

Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid/Collins - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Obiang - Kouyate
    Ayew - Carroll - Lanzini
  • edited November 2017
    I guess that could also mean left of a front 3 in a 4-3-3, no? As per my first suggestion in last post (Lanzini-Sakho-Ayew). Could also be winger in a 4-4-2. Any reason for going for a 4-5-1, Lukerz? And any undeclared sources for this hunch? ;)
  • 4-3-3 is essentially 4-5-1. 4-3-3 when attacking and 4-5-1 when defending.
  • Luke they can have any formation they like on Saturday it will make no difference. However I hope they put a winning formation in place for Sunday. ;wink
  • Adam said:

4-3-3 is essentially 4-5-1. 4-3-3 when attacking and 4-5-1 when defending.

I suppose so. But when we play AC up front, he normally drops back as the deepest outfielder when defending, so it's more like 4-3-3 when attacking and 1-4-5 when defending. ;)

• Haha, he does like to play everywhere.
  • Looking at us recently we play goalkeeper, one at the back and the rest wander round aimlessly without interest or desire
  • Harsh, Cuz. Bilic could only afford one compass that worked. Moyes has been shopping at Lidl to see if he can find some more ;wink
  • So Reid's All Whites lost - that might add to his jetlag.
  • Can't think he would have been ready to play anyway, given the marathon (24, 000 mile) round trip he has been on.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41860130
  • With Fonte and Reid missing, I would prefer Kouyate and a half-fit Ginge or inexperienced Rice over Ogbonna. Moyes' selection will tell us a lot about his thinking. With the long wait for his first match in charge, the reaction to it may well be excessive (positive or negative.) ;clap or ;angry
  • tbh I don't think the Watford line-up will tell us all that much, bearing in mind how little time he will have had to work with a good number of the players. ;hmm
  • Kuching

I think the approach will tell us more than the selection tbh, particularly given the number of absentees. That said, if he starts Rice at centre half and has Martinez on the bench it would feel like an indication that the youth will play a part under him
  • I'm really not expecting much change, tbh.

As others have pointed out, he has been missing a fair number of key players.

What I would hope to see is more 'bite' and energy in the team, which generally happens for a new manager in the first game or two.

The rest, hopefully, will follow.
  • Moyes says in his ES column that in an ideal world he wouldn't have to play Reid on Sunday, but because of injuries, we'll have to wait and see.
  • Is there a contractual obligation that the West Ham manager has to write a column for the Standard?
  • Could be worse, could be the Sun.
  • The Standard

RMT image

Commuters image

A health issue on the other side of the planet ;wahoo ;wahoo image

Common decency image

Actual news about London image
  • George "Gideon" Osborne is the editor, what do you expect.
  • Oh is was toilet paper long before he joined....
  • edited November 2017
    But now it comes in a lovely selection of colours and designs.
  • I’m hoping for more pride from us long term and 100% to the team and shirt, I can forgive mistakes we all make them, I can forgive if we arnt as good but committed individuals will keep the faith for me, don’t ask for much
  • The Standard

RMT image

Commuters image

A health issue on the other side of the planet ;wahoo ;wahoo image

Common decency image

Actual news about London image

;lol
    I've made a conscious decision in the past to not apply for Evening Standard jobs but I might in the future, if you give me permission to use this.
  • Have at it mate ;biggrin ;hug
  • Match day ;biggrin
    Well it is for me, I’m off to twickenham to watch England v Australia ;scarveng
  • I used to dread matchdays at Twickenham (grew up near the stadium). The A316 (from memory as I havent lived there in a long time) got totally blocked up and it made me dislike rugby a lot
  • I do hope the u-23s game is not a sign of tomorrow. Didn't see the game but if a lot of the u-23s have been training with Moyes (and the players are being worked hard), was it a case of being sluggish and tired due to the new training regime?

Obviously the training will help in the future but for tomorrow, are our players going to put in a similar performance?

Ah. There's some pessimism. Where have you been the last couple of days?
This discussion has been closed.