Watford vs West Ham United - 19.11.17 - Match Thread

Comments

• See Masuaku has committed himself to Serie A this morning. ;doh
  • Luke -

It's more that his agent has been spouting off than Masuaku actually saying anything
  • edited November 2017
    Alderz - I know but still. Just not the message you want coming from players when you sit in the bottom 3. Already looking af January exits.
  • Lukerz said:

Alderz - I know but still. Just not the message you want coming from players when you sit in the bottom 3. Already looking af January exits.

To me, that's the perfect time. Those who don't want to put in a shift make themselves known. That way the manager starts building a team with players who are going to be here for the rest of the season.

Masuaku just doesn't get any more game time.
  • Lukerz said:

See Masuaku has committed himself to Serie A this morning. ;doh

He's tweeted to say it's 'completely false'.

Panic over.

If indeed anyone was.
  • I've had a good look and I can't find any panic...

Quite short on bothered too.
  • Can do a BOGOF today, buy a panic and I'll throw in a free bothered
  • Then that would be a BAPAITIAFB surely?
  • Andre Marriner ref appointed for this match
  • That's smashing.

Some good news at last.

NURSE !
  • Watford reject approach from Everton for manager Marco Silva.
  • So he’s on his way then lukerz, tho to be fair I’ve heard somewhere that he’s loyal to contracts, not heard a lot of him but they doing ok not sure what Everton expect after there summer spending spree
  • Hey! We should try getting him...
  • Moyes Out!
  • MrsGrey said:

Moyes Out!

Oh gawd, what's he's injured too ;puzzled
  • Yes he’s injured, he’s got a bad side
  • MrsGrey said:

Moyes Out!

I think that is a bit harsh Mrs grey. ;biggrin
  • Being reported that Antonio and Chicharito are out, and we could be missing Reid too.
  • Reported where?

Someone else posted it was reported Chicarito was back in training.

'could be missing' .. why? What is supposed to have happened that he might not be fit?

Please don't give us only half a story, Luke.
  • OK, I have googled.

Looks like Luke is referring to Reid's likely late return from international duty, rather than an injury. He gets back on Saturday morning.
  • And googled some more...

Chicarito came off during the Friday game. Hamstring.

No official word on the extent of the injury.

The Mirror is the source of the rumours that he is out for 2 weeks. They are quite definite (no 'could' or 'may') but give no source or reason, and don't say how they reached that conclusion (eg, no reference to a scan or medical assessments).

So make of that what you will.
  • MrsG - not half a story. Antonio and Chicharito are out. Reid could be.

Pretty simple.
  • I mean, even saying that doesn't tell anyone where the information came from. Like, I could write "Cresswell is out", but just saying though wouldn't give anyone any assurance that what I said came from a reputable source, or had any grounding in reality.
  • Yep, I raised the Reid issue in my earlier team selection posts - he plays in Lima on Thursday in what could be a very draining game that could even go to extra time and penalties. And then a long-haul flight back. This after travelling out to New Zealand and from there to Lima in the few days before the match. So I think it'd be risky to start him on Sunday.
  • Antonio said in a recent TV interview that he hasn't trained under Moyes yet (due to his rib injury sustained in the Brighton game).

The Sun is saying today that Chicharito will miss the first three games under Moyes. (I don't normally read this rag, but googled Chicharito injury and the article came up...) (They also say we might get Carvalho in January - yesterday I saw other rumours about this, though one said that his release clause could not be triggered in January...)

So maybe Lanzini-Sakho-Ayew as a front three against Watford or Sakho and Ayew as a front two, with Lanzini behind them, in a 3-5-2, depending on the formation Moyes goes for. I read Moyes has assured Sakho of a fresh start. But will he favour Carroll anyway?
  • edited November 2017
    Not sure bout carvhalo, if he’s really that good why are they not queuing up for him, and why didn’t we just pay what they asked to secure him in the summer
  • Lukerz, as alderz alluded to, it was your post that I felt was half a story.. bit like offering a teaser trailer when I'm wanting the whole shebang including plot spoilers ;biggrin
  • edited November 2017
    MrsGrey said:

Lukerz, as alderz alluded to, it was your post that I felt was half a story.. bit like offering a teaser trailer when I'm wanting the whole shebang including plot spoilers ;biggrin

But I’m not going to make stuff up. Hernandez came off injured on international duty which I posted earlier this week, Antonio was already injured and we know Winnie goes around the world in 80 days whenever he plays for NZ.

I wasn’t trying to be deliberately mysterious. I was at work and just posted it. ;ok

Sorry for being a bit obscure.
This discussion has been closed.