Watford vs West Ham United - 19.11.17 - Match Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• I can see where Puddlegum is coming from, I must admit I was disappointed not to have seen either Martinez or Quina. And as for changing shape/tactics, I think we could have replaced either Kouyate or Obiang with Moyes himself and looked better for it.
    And looking at the highlights earlier today, Christ knows why Reid let the Watford chap a free run on goal for their second. Reids line/angles were all wrong, I thought it at the time, but seeing it again, it looks even worse. Shocking defending.
  • Grey ;ok You will have to excuse me, I have a severe case of man flu and am a little slow on the uptake. I am, however, (ladies take note) carrying on with my normal heavy workload without so much as a moan, groan or whimper.
  • I think after the miles he travelled Reid can be excused for having a brainfart whilst 'defending'. A pity he couldn't be rested last weekend,
  • He could have tho, isn't Rice a CB..
  • I had a feeling that Moyes had written the game off as a loss beforehand, because he was planning to use it to run the rule over the team in a match. This does NOT mean I think he's a strategic genius. Maybe it means more that I am hoping there was some method to his madness. Anyway, he now knows how those particular 13 players act and react to his specific instructions in competitive conditions. I hope he has learned enough, but it is very difficult to remain optimistic.

BTW, over the last ten years, with the exception of Newcastle, has any club suffered the same levels of drama as West Ham (United)?
  • secret

Sunderland, Blackburn, Bolton, Southampton, Leeds, Blackpool, Portsmouth have all had a pretty dramatic time of it, imo
  • Its the one thing I have never been able to understand over 40+ years supporting west ham , we never seem to be able to build on the good times we just mess up on and off the pitch , we have been very unlucky with owners not doing what the set out to do over the years.

I have always said these current owners are only in it for themselves not the football club and I stand by that I wish we had owner's that actually could really see the potential of this fantastic club not keep doing things on the cheap .
  • True Brookings, just as we seem to of seemed to turn a corner we go and mess it up.....

I blame the song, “ and like my dreams”
  • Corners are not our strongest point, we tend to concede from our own.
  • Or, in AC's case, Jumping While Braindead (or Big, if you want to be kind to him)
This discussion has been closed.