Relegation Candidates ...who do you think?

To start off with, Baz has a question. But feel free to make general predictions for the end of the season too.

Comments

• A question...

Under the current regime plus with the team playing at the current level (skill/confidence etc)....

Which three teams in the Premiership do people think we will finish above? (Perhaps some of us can't think of three that they genuinely believe will be relegated instead of us)
  • Honestly think Everton are in big trouble, the squad is comprised of has beens and youngsters with arguably all of their top players are competing for one spot in the team

Palace also will let down, I mean we are fuming but they still only got a point....and let's e honest if it wasn't our own undoing they would have got 0 points

Zaha is their only outlet every single thing went through him and soon he'll be targeted and singled out to stop them playing

Will be interesting to see if Huddersfield and Brighton will suffer in the 2nd half if the season like some promoted teams do

But we are right along those which is unacceptable
  • Everton have a good chairman. He will bring in a decent name and they’ll be fine.
  • Bazshuayi said:

A question...

Under the current regime plus with the team playing at the current level (skill/confidence etc)....

Which three teams in the Premiership do people think we will finish above? (Perhaps some of us can't think of three that they genuinely believe will be relegated instead of us)

It's a good question and for me points to the reason Slav needs to go. I think on what I have seen teams poorer than us are Palace, Swansea, Burnley, Huddersfield, Southampton and West Brom and that's not including those we haven't played yet. However I would not say we will finish above these teams as I feel their managers will get more out of less, whilst Slav is managing to get less from more. In truth I see us about 15th but the margins will be fine and a dramatic loss of confidence could turn that into relegation. There needs be a change now to begin to play to the groups potential.
  • Palace,Huddersfield,and one of Brighton ,Bourmouth ,West Brom..who I would like to go down are Everton,West Brom.and Stoke .just hope and ;pray that we are not one of them
  • Huddersfield & Swansea. Hopefully, Brighton will run out of steam after Christmas. Palace and Bournemouth could go into free fall mode, but West Ham will find a way to reach the giddy heights of 15th. All assertions, of course, but I think I'm right 100% of the time. Until I change my mind. ;whistle
  • Personally I think it’s too early to make predictions about relegation candidates. Any team can win two or three on the bounce and suddenly it’s a different picture (I include us in that, for the record). I think aside from the top 6 there isn’t that much to choose between everyone else.

Currently if I had to pick I would say Palace & Bournemouth look most likely, and then any one of maybe 8/9 others (including us, again).
  • Spurs, unless they are safe already ;angel
  • alderz said:

Personally I think it’s too early to make predictions about relegation candidates. Any team can win two or three on the bounce and suddenly it’s a different picture (I include us in that, for the record). I think aside from the top 6 there isn’t that much to choose between everyone else.

True, let's wait until 37 games have been played before making any predictions ;wink

• One of the problems I see now is we are 9 games away from the half way point and have still got to play Liverpool, City, Chelsea and arsenal

Palace have already played United, City, Chelsea & Liverpool

Bournemouth - Chelsea, City, Spurs & arsenal

Everton- Chelsea, City, Spurs, arsenal & United

Swansea - Arsenal, Spurs & United

We have to play more of the big six then the others do and we've already played the 3 teams recently promoted (2 of them at home)

We had a bad first 3 games due to them all being away from home but we haven't had that bad a run in
  • edited November 2017
    Palace, Bournemouth, West Ham, Huddersfield, Swansea and Burnley (should Dyche leave) are all realistic candidates for relegation IMO. I think Stoke and Everton (once a new manager is appointed) will get out of it. I think Brighton will be in there as we get into 2018.

I would actually say that after Palace we are the next likeliest to go down as it stands because we have actually had a very kind opening 10 games and yet have taken 9/30 points. The games only get rougher between now and Xmas. I have seen nothing other than the odd half here and there to make me confident we will end around mid-table/top 10.

We are very flimsy, IMO. Some teams become quite resilient and nasty to play. We are very easy to play at the minute. We are too nice.
  • We've actually had a relative easy fixture list so far.

I don't injuries as the problem we seem to lack an identity which makes me nervous more than anything. When you have talent but lack direction it reminds me of the 42 point season.

I think the Huddersfield manager may end up at Everton.