Liverpool (H) who will leak the least (4th November match thread)

Comments

• Not sure Noble deserves to be dropped?

He's the only one consistently showing some spirit and grit right now.

;hmm
  • He had an excellent second half v Spurs in the cup. Otherwise? ;hmm

• Kouyate has been very poor recently. Not sure what he's done to be a definite starter? ;hmm
  • Bazshuayi said:

Kouyate's played at the back plenty of times ( not just for us but Anderlecht in Champs League ). I do realize his preferred position's in CM but against Liverpools attack I personally dont think putting Rice in is a good idea (for him).

Can't agree Baz. Irrespective of whether Kouyate has played there, he doesn't think like a centre back. The two goals Spurs scored against us in the cup were a direct result of Kouyate playing like a midfielder. I don't think he's disciplined enough or has enough football intelligence to be an effective CB.

Rice may well struggle against Liverpool's attack, but I doubt he'll do any worse than Kouyate.
  • In the absence of Zabaleta and Byram, who are both injured, we'll have to play Kouyate on the right.
  • I think he'll go with Fernandes RWB and (unfortunately) play Kouyate RCB
  • Not sure Noble deserves to be dropped?

;hmm

Well if spirit and grit is tangling with Rose because he didn't give the ball back and having a spat with Cabaye for not shaking his hand then fine.
  • IronHerb said:

Not sure Noble deserves to be dropped?

;hmm

Well if spirit and grit is tangling with Rose because he didn't give the ball back and having a spat with Cabaye for not shaking his hand then fine.
    It’s better than every player on the pitch meekly accepting defeat without any fight. Those little spats from Noble are precisely the kind of thing which can help unite and fire up the rest of the team, as small as they are.
  • IronHerb said:

;hmm

I have no idea why a lot of fans have an agenda against Mark Noble. Baffles me
  • No agenda. He just isn't good enough imo. You think otherwise, fine.
  • edited November 2017
    IronHerb said:

;hmm

I'm talking in general terms and to a degree what Jorderz talks about.

And clearly no, it's not "simple" to replace your captain with an out of form midfielder

;ok
  • I see Hart has conceded more goals against Liverpool than any other PL team although some of the others must be catching up this season.
  • edited November 2017
    Worried with all our defensive injuries against a strong Liverpool attack. I am unsure how I would line up. I initially thought go with the 3421/343 but worry Liverpool will force our wide men back so much we spend too long as a 523/541 and we can't get up the pitch and do any attacking ourselves, thereby inviting attack after attack onto us and thus ensuring our own defeat. I think I would lean to match Liverpool and play a 433/4321:

----------Hart--------
    Cheik--Reid--Oggy--Cress
    ---Nobes-Rice-Obiang---
    --Ayew-Chicharito-Lanz--

The benefit of setting up like this is that if Cress or Cheik do push up when we are attacking on a break Rice can just slip back a bit to cover and effectively form a back three. However when we are defending or holding possession keep a solid 433.

Without Zab, Byram, and Ant, Kouyate MUST start at RB/RWB(if we play 343). Fernandes is a centre midfielder not even a side midfielder never mind a side defender. He would get steam rolled by Liverpool's wingers, I like the lad but he is physically weak. Yes, it's not Kouyate's best position but he is the best we have currently available for the role.

Hoping (pleading) the boys give a good performance. If that happens, who knows what we might get out of the game.

coyi
  • Just put money on a draw so no doubt we will lose! But I am more worried about how we play than with the result. At least if we should try and match them at passing and pressing for 60 mins and for once we have 3 impact subs if we are chasing the game.
  • This is a type of game of game I expect nothing( although I predicted 2-2 in the predictor , but that's positive thinking...)..

In reality we should get beat with all our injuries and current form and who we are up against..

As long as we don't do a injury time boo boo like last week then if we can grab anything from this game IMO it'll be a ;ok coyi

Just do it for everyone, fans, Slav everyone, give us a proud performance coyi
  • Salah and Mane both start ;lol
  • West Ham XI: Hart, Reid, Kouyate, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Obiang, Noble, Fernandes, Lanzini, Ayew, Hernandes.
  • Saw that now Luke .. Where's Ginge when u need a strong tackle .....
    But seriously let's just hope for a decent showing from us coyi
  • If Fernandes is wide right as a RWB we are screwed.
  • Mane won’t last more than an hour. Let’s hope he hasn’t bag a couple of goals by then
  • Salah and Mane v our defence on that pitch ;nonono
  • Liverpool very often fail to turn over sides they should do. I think there’s a possible win for the taking for us today
  • edited November 2017
    To be honest think we will be up for this .Lets be honest Liverpool are not that good .if we get at them not let them play we could win this ;scarf
  • Win v Liverpool, lose v Watford

#westhamway
  • Didn't realise Salah was a doubt? Thought he was always down to play?

Mane on the other hand, Klopp has done the dirty on us there
  • I hope you're right baracks and steve that a win is possible today. While I have been wallowing in misery over the past week, we do have some positives:

- Ayew is in the best form we've seen since he's arrived here. 3 in 2 and last weeks was an absolute scorcher. On top of that, a much improved work rate by him lately too. He could be a game changer for us again today.

- Chicharito took his goal superbly last week. It was actually a really hard ball to strike first time and fewer players can than can't do that. If we can get the ball to him in the box we have a chance today.

- Cress is also getting better after having, lets face it a bad 15 months. When he is on it he's a top LB. Also being a Liverpool boy he always wants to put in a performance against merseysiders.

- Lanz had a good first half last week IMO. We all know he can perform magic on occasions. He also has a decent scoring record against Liverpool.

- Hart had his best performance for us last week. Did you see his interview after too? The lad cares. He will be on it today. Also with international games coming up and people ready to take his shirt, he will want a decent showing today. I expect him to be barking orders marshalling our defense.

- Talking about people who care, Noble will be all over our boys today ensuring they do what's expected. For me in our current situation either (or both) Noble or Collins need to start every game for us. I love Reid and think player for player position adjusting he is our best player in that he could play for teams higher up the table than any of our other players, however as a captain he is too quiet in a situation such as we are in currently. I believe Noble will captain today.

- Then from the bench we have options to change the game. Carroll is desperate to aid our cause and could cause them substantial problems last 20. Arnie is due a performance for us. When he is on form the lad can do some spectacular stuff. We know Sakho can score, and Masu has probably had his best performances for us from the bench.

Right that's enough positivity, if you need me I'll be behind the couch.

coyi

;sofa
This discussion has been closed.