Liverpool (H) who will leak the least (4th November match thread)

Comments

• And now for my pills, and a lie down.
  • But the sheep were slaughtered by Brighton so what have the lambs got to lose?? ;hmm
  • Well if we are waiting for a comfortable situation to play the kids, then they won't be playing at all this season.
  • We're 'only' a RB down aren't we?
  • Lukerz said:

Reid and Cress fit. Fonte, Collins Zabaleta, Byram and Antonio all out.

So we’re looking at:

Hart
    Kouyate - Reid - Ogbonna
    Fernandes - Noble - Obiang - Lanzini - Cresswell
    Ayew
    Chicharito

Adrian, Rice, Masuaku, Arnautovic, Carroll and two kids on the bench.

Bilic has said there won't be any youngsters in the squad other than Rice. (Which i find hugely disappointing) - says we're going with experience ;doh

Im guessing Sakho will be on the bench. No idea who else we have.
    The youths are exactly what we need - hunger, determination and a bit of pace.
  • edited November 2017
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="MrsGrey"

I might look for ways to minimise Salah's impact

No worries, I have made him my captain in my FF team, that’ll do it for him ;wink
  • To make sure, I could double down on that ;thumbsup
  • He won't know what hit him. ;lol
  • Yes, let's take some kids who beat Bristol Rovers Reserves 3-1 and play them against a side currently 5th in the Premiership, I'm sure that will work wonders for their development.........
  • I thought Mane would be a good idea and transferred him in.

Then he got injured.

I thought Coutinho would be a good idea and transferred him in .

Then he got injured.

I thought Salah would be a good idea.... So I transferred him in this week

Then West Ham players got injured

Ladbrokes now say Salah is 3/1 to get injured in training before the game or during the warm up. If that fails, after the weight of FF captaincy affects his balance, a quick injury sustained in the first few minutes ;whistle
  • I forgot the match was on TV this weekend, and I'm taking my father-in-law to the local team's match -kick off is about the same time. I won't be able to watch West Ham, which means we'll win by the odd goal.
  • Yeah, and elephants fly. ;hmm
  • edited November 2017

Yes, let's take some kids who beat Bristol Rovers Reserves 3-1 and play them against a side currently 5th in the Premiership, I'm sure that will work wonders for their development.........

Yeah let's take some 'players' who lost 3-0 at home to Brighton and play them against a side currently 5th in the Premiership, im sure they will all put in 100%...
    ;wink
  • Well if we are waiting for a comfortable situation to play the kids, then they won't be playing at all this season.

We were comfortable at the end of last season and Rice got, what, three minutes at Burnley in the last game of the season?

I just don't think SB believes in playing the kids.
  • He played Fernandez when he was 20 ... admitted the player was bought 'for the future' but impressed in training so got match time.

I don't think Slav has a problem playing kids, if he thinks they are meeting the necessary standard. But won't play them just for playing's sake.
  • edited November 2017
    Think Antonio must be carrying a knock. Only way to excuse his lacklustre displays. Seems to be available/unavailable on a weekly basis at the minute.

Come on lads. Go out there and give it everything. We all want Bilic to succeed but it’s getting to the point where a heavy defeat on Saturday will probably see him sacked (especially with the international break). Let’s get an unlikely win and ease the pressure going into Watford. Pretty sure our record at 5:30 on Saturday is dreadful, though, especially at London stadium.
  • He hasn’t been right since he pulled up after coming back from injury if you ask me.

I said I’d give Slav about 10 games and we’re at the point now, this is so much worse than the SA situation because I’m not sure I’ve wanted a manager to turn it around more than Slav ;weep
  • Mane possibly going to be fit to play some part.
  • Home win ;wahoo
  • 3-1 home win.

Hernandez hat-trick. Salah with one goal. That prediction has nothing to do with my FF team.
  • Has little to do with reality either. ;lol
  • Suze I think your recent training is going to be needed sooner rather than later if this thread is anything to go by
  • Apparently the team is:

Hart
    Kouyate - Reid - Ogbonna
    Fernandes - Noble - Obiang - Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Ayew - Chicharito

Not a bad side at all considering all the injuries. Other than the RWB position it is pretty strong, with Adrian, Rice, Masuaku, Arnautovic, Carroll, Sakho etc all on the bench.
  • Cheers Ourcast, mentioning FF ...................... Forgot to have a tinker this week ;biggrin
  • Salah is going to have any a field day.
  • Home win ;wahoo

With that prediction, looks like Suz has been drinking ;redwine again.
  • Lukerz said:

Apparently the team is:

Hart
    Kouyate - Reid - Ogbonna
    Fernandes - Noble - Obiang - Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Ayew - Chicharito

Not a bad side at all considering all the injuries. Other than the RWB position it is pretty strong, with Adrian, Rice, Masuaku, Arnautovic, Carroll, Sakho etc all on the bench.

Kouyate at centre back when we have a fit centre back on the bench.

I can't be the only one who thinks Rice is a better centre back than Kouyate, can I?
  • Kouyate's played at the back plenty of times ( not just for us but Anderlecht in Champs League ). I do realize his preferred position's in CM but against Liverpools attack I personally dont think putting Rice in is a good idea (for him).

Even without Coutinho and with a barely fit Mane, they still will be able to play a front three from Salah, Firmino, Ox Chamberlain or Sturridge before Mane gets 10 minutes or Solanke.

• Only argument I'd make is not regarding who is the better CB (Rice or Kouyate - the latter is far more experienced) but taking Kouyate out of the midfield weakens it on paper, he's not had the best of times recently and needs a performance imo
  • Then Rice at CB, Kouyate in MF and Nobes on the bench. Simple.
This discussion has been closed.