Palace (A) can we clip the Eagles wings or will we fade & die (Match Thread 28.10.17)

Comments

• Deserved all we got..... thick team following poor managers tactics ends with more disappointment.
  • When Antonio can’t be bothered he really is a waste of space but watching that you have to say it was fully deserved. Our weekend totally ruined... again. 2-0 up and we throw it away. How many chances did we have to hold the ball, how many chances did we have to break away and score. How many needless fouls did we give away, and how many times did we just boot it out. We looked like we were hanging on against United in 1996?!? Or whatever year it was when we stopped them winning the league. This is Palace for goodness sake. Go for the win lads. Seriously. What game are we playing?!?
  • Hart had a good game with a couple of excellent saves. Fair play to him.
  • Funny isn’t it. We were actually pretty ordinary first half too but somehow were blessed with two goals from probably our only two moments in the whole game. And still we contrived to stuff it up. Dominated by palace, Newcastle and Brighton. If that isn’t enough to prompt a managerial change then heaven help us.
  • This club will be the death of me.
  • Shocking result. This team has got 3 points all season and we defend against them? Attack them, finish them off!!

Im so frustrated.
  • I wouldn't say Palace deserved the point but we deserved not to get 3. In the 2nd half, shocking passing, shocking tactics, no ambition, no desire.
    From the time they got their first we tried to see out the game instead of killing it.
  • Poor performance again from many of the players. Although I don't want him to go, I think Bilic may be gone by Monday.
  • Palace deserved it as they tried to win......we didn't

Hart made 4/5 class saves their keeper didn't

• The problem with us this season is fairly simple. We have good players we just make way too many silly individual mistakes. Each week it's a different player's turn.

Carroll, Hart, Antonio, Arnautovic, Noble, Fonte, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Zabaleta, Obiang, Kouyate - the list goes on. Almost half the squad has made major mistakes costing us goals.
  • We deserve to be relegated. That was one of the worst halves we've played this season and that's saying something. No idea whatsoever and totally clueless. Since Bilic has been manager we've given away the most penalties by a country mile.
    Palace thoroughly deserved to win that and they brought nothing positive from Wednesday's game into this one. What on earth do they work on in training
  • Why does it always have to be last kick.
  • I don’t agree Exeter. The fact that a point was registered will mean the daves will pussy foot around for several months more till it is not worth bothering sacking him as his contract will be almost up. Let’s hope by some miracle we have scraped enough points by then
  • We're just not very good at football, are we?

You can blame Bilic for many things, but it's not his fault that Ogbonna and Antonio are pretty brainless. Nor can you blame him for Carroll and Arnautovic's red cards. Individual mistakes have probably cost us six points this season.

That said, this was a must win and we didn't and, to be honest, the Spurs game didn't change that much in terms of whether Bilic should stay on, for me. Again today we just weren't very good at all and can probably consider ourselves lucky to get a point.

Needs to go.
  • The last pass of the game summed it all up. At 2-2 we may have last have gone for it but no, we have zero confidence so let’s pass it all the way back to Hart. At 2-2!!! To run down the clock. Sad times.
  • Please tell me the board haven’t fired him just because they haven’t got anyone finalised yet. Surely it’s a matter of time.
  • The game changer was the penalty and their resultant goal. After that the boys played with fear, ergo dropped deeper; looked to pass responsibility; and made mistakes. Ogbonna is too rash for a CB in the premier league. I still blame him for the first goal against Spurs.

Basically too many players aren't playing to their best. Antonio I can only assume is carrying a slight injury, because if not his effort levels against Brighton and today are disgraceful.
  • Only our team can make us feel like that....
    I'm gutted we gave it away at the end, Antonio, wake up .......you in the end cost us.....sorry....
    Saying that while I knew it would be a Palace onslaught we were IMO hopeless in the 2nd half...
    So near to the 3 points with a average performance IMO and left feeling like a loss with that last moment...
    Joe hart MOM
    Noble freaked out at end looks like towards Antonio....what was Antonio bloomin thinking...he owes us....
  • Antonio owes all those travelling fans their money back. If the idiot keeps hold of the ball, wins or corner or a throw in then that doesn't happen! Brainless
  • If we are holding onto a lead with a 1 goal difference and on the counter attack, you have 2 simple choices:

1) If there's a good chance of scoring, have a go
    2) Take it to the corner flag.

We seemed to not know which option to pick. Antonio had 2 or 3 opportunities and didn't really do either. With his frame he should be holding that up or with his attwckong ability making something more of it. Several times it was neither option #1 nor #2.
  • Palace deserved a point but it was largely territorial pressure and chances from set pieces. 2 moronic decisions by Ogbonna and Antonio cost us big time when at 2-0 (Antonio also as fault for the free header which Hart tipped on to the bar) the game was there to be won comfortably as CPFC are fairly limited and predictable in what they do. Very surprised Carroll wasnt brought on to sure up things as Hernandes and Ayew both became anonymous. Hopefully Bilic reads the riot act, individual mistakes again.
  • When Antonio sulks or whatever it is he does, he is a huge liability. He seems to rather make mistakes so Bilic never plays him at RWB again rather than the team win. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, when he needs to be there for the team, he can be soooo selfish. He plays for himself too often. Hate that in a person.
  • Just watching the England U17 - come back from 2-0 down to be leading 4-2, maybe Bilic should get a copy of the video of the game to show our lot how a team plays.....
  • It was a shame that Fonte went down with an injury as it looked like Obiang for Fernandes was about to happen. The swiss man was pretty anonymous second half and Obiang would probably have added better coverage.
  • What a disappointment - feels that a defeat clawed from the jaws of victory. How many goals have we conceded after 85 mins. OK, we got two goals which shows that if you feed the forwards something will happen, we hardly did that in the second half and can't recall a shot at the Palace goal in the second half. What next?
  • Said to my boy at half time. 2-0 means nothing to west ham. And it's been like that for as long as I can remember.
  • Sweepy. ;thumbsup Bilic brought him on at RWB specifically to deal with Zaha, and it was to some extent working fairly well but then he gets caught way out of position.....the ball breaks to him 70 yards out of position and then he just gives it back to CPFC. Completely brainless. Surely one would think....either set up an easy chance for 3-1 or, given i'm out of position and the time left, just keep the ball and wind down the clown. Moronic.
  • Personally I do think Bilic deserves some of the blame. I think it was a terrible substitution. What was Bilic thinking? And I'm not just saying that in hindsight .... I said it at the time.
    If Antonio was coming on it should have been to support Zabeleta. If Zabeleta had to come off for some reason then Byram should have come on.
  • edited October 2017
    Kills me TWC
  • That really doesn't feel anything like a good away point.

;weep

I'm going to have a few beers and see who dies in the next episode of GoT (I'm only on S03 ep 2, so no spoilers!

Not blaming Slav for that. Ogbonna's brainless challenge gifted them a way back, and then Antonio's complete and utter meltdown to gift them possession at the death were what cost us.

I agree we should have gone at them more, especially when we had chances in the last 10 minutes, but deserved or not, that win was there for us, and individual incompetence threw it away.
This discussion has been closed.