Palace (A) can we clip the Eagles wings or will we fade & die (Match Thread 28.10.17)

Comments

• Ayew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gooooooooaaaaaaal ;barrera ;barrera
  • Don't care how bad the football is.

0-2 just before half time.

;wahoo coyi ;wahoo
  • Told you he was rubbish... ;whistle
  • WHAT A GOAL!

Ayew you are in form son!!

;goal
  • Don't care how bad the football is.

0-2 just before half time.

;wahoo coyi ;wahoo

And I don’t mind if Ayew “isn’t even a footballer”

;lol
  • A few have asked on here whether Andre Ayew is a footballer - apparently he is ;biggrin
  • Ayew found his form.

Thanks Spuds..
  • half time talk, don't do a spuds
  • edited October 2017
    Interesting game we have been patchy but Palace have also, only difference is that bit of quality up front.
  • Shopping list at the ready I'm going out to buy my tea and put the Lottery on. Nothing to worry about here. When was the last West Ham game you can remember when a team came back from two down to win.
  • maybe its the third strip ;hmm looks like a Man City strip
  • 2 excellent goals but need to improve on the ball and definitely improve defending the set pieces. Could possibly look to bring on Rice for Fernandes to play alongside Noble for more height/physicality and aerial ability.
  • Let's just not do a Tottenham

We need to make sure we don't conceed early as the longer it goes the more nervous te fans will get
  • edited October 2017
    Well, that was two poor, out of form, nervous teams vying to be worse than each other for most of the half, but our two goals were quality, and especially Ayew's ;bowdown.

Don't know what Slav can do to stop our getting to the half-way line, doing a few shuffle passes and sending it back to the keeper (or playing a short forward pass into the path of an oncoming opponent.) I'm sure it isn't how the players are coached, or the tactics they are given. I can only imagine it is a confidence issue, and that the only way for that to improve is to win games and not be looking over your shoulder at (or being in) the bottom three.

(That said, at 0-2 away at HT, they can do the backward shuffle as much as they like in the 2nd half.) ;AC must be desperate to get on and have a run at that defence. Him and Antonio or Arnie for the last 20 could cause them real problems if they haven't got back into the game.

Oh, and how much better would we be if we had Zaha?
  • Think I prefer this shirt to the black away one. Can we stick with it for away games from now on? Especially if it leads to us being 2-0 up at half time every game..
  • Arthur on for Cressa... injury?
  • And in other games, Spuds lose second game on the trot ;lol ;lol
    Let's all laugh at the Spuds ;lol ;lol
  • Masuaku on for Cresswell, Injury ?
  • Ogbona gives away a pen.
  • How many pens are we going to give away this season its like 1 pen every other game....
  • Now we give them a way back in

Useless

How many penalties are we going to give away
  • Now a nice half of ;sofa
  • Are our defenders braindead? How many times do we give away ridiculously stupid penalties?
  • Ogbonna has done this time and time again. He clearly hasn't learnt to avoid using his arms in the penalty area
  • We must have some of the thickest players in the league, after Carroll elbowing from ten yards we have Ogbonna stepping across a man on his way to the corner flag.
  • We are going to be terrified of getting forward in search of a third now and the pressure will now come on us
This discussion has been closed.