Palace (A) can we clip the Eagles wings or will we fade & die (Match Thread 28.10.17)

1789101113»

Comments

• Some of it's over the top but I also get the sense there's been something wrong with him - body language has been one (especially when he actually played that cross) but also he seems to have almost always chosen the selfish option in games. I know an element of his game relies on being a bit greedy to push us forward but he's constantly doing it now. Otherwise, he was just the unlucky one to absorb all the blame from the others - Ogbonna was just as stupid, I think that was the worst I've ever seen Noble play and Masuaku did almost nothing other than give away free-kicks.
  • edited October 2017
    It’s not a knee-jerk from me.

I’ve had a downer on him since his reaction to being asked to start last season at RB. He hasn't been the same breath of fresh air since. His first season I loved him but something hasn’t quite been right over the past 18 months. Body language. A lot of his play is very selfish. I've also noticed that when he does score the other players don’t swarm to congratulate him.

The big thing with Antonio is he is not that gifted, technically, or intelligence wise on a football field. He relies heavily on his pace, physique but, mostly, his attitude. Once that goes we won’t have much of a top level player left.

Just hope he hasn’t got too big for his boots after his England recognition and new contract. He isn’t bigger than the team and, if that means playing RWB for 20 mins or starting as a sub, then so be it. He has to have the right attitude to that.
  • Well he's probably guaranteed that he won't get another England call up. Just imagine somebody doing that in a critical World Cup finals match resulting in elimination and the outcry then. Mind you it's a big stretch of the imagination to believe England would actually get into that situation in the first place.
  • Says something when comments from rent-a-gobs Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville are on the mark...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5033595/Jamie-Carragher-tears-West-Ham.html
  • Stating the obvious doesn't take too much thought.
  • Don't know if this is correct, from KUMB:

"Palace have been in the top ten for penalties awarded every season since they got promoted, often in the top six.
    We're usually in the bottom six."
  • Although NE I don't think anyone could argue the decision made on Sat ;ok
  • edited October 2017
    NE, there's a stats page that I used to look up our ranking this season after barracks mentioned it. I can't remember what it was called, but it was one of the first links that came up when I googled. You might be able to check it there ;ok

Edit: This one http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Penalty_Statistics.html
  • I think I heard it said that you are likely to have a chance of earning penalties if you have players in your side who run at pace with the ball into the area.

Not difficult to see therefore why we are not so hot on that stat.
  • I think I heard it said that you are likely to have a chance of earning penalties if you have players who dive.

I think I heard it said that you are likely to have a chance of earning penalties if the refs are inept.

I think I heard it said that you are likely to have a chance of earning penalties if it is the third Saturday in the month.

I think I heard it said that the earth is flat. The moon is made of blue cheese. If baz starts a match thread we will lose....
  • edited November 2017
    Now hold on a cotton picking minute!!

I have match thread victories which include the league win over Spurs. That, according to unnamed sources, was the game that saved us from relegation!

So, therefore, I saved us from relegation and most likely had something to do with West Ham winning the world cup in '66 too

# ;whistle
  • Oh and after we lose to Liverpool and Watford I'm doing the Leicester match thread ( I will start composing tonight to make sure I'm first ;lol )
  • Says something when comments from rent-a-gobs Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville are on the mark...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5033595/Jamie-Carragher-tears-West-Ham.html

TBH they are the only talking heads I pay any attention too.
  • Quite often we have Lee Dixon and Graeme le saux - I generally agree with most of what they say
This discussion has been closed.