Adrian - (looks like he is happy to stay and fight for his place)

13»

Comments

• Why would any West Ham player have a "when fit" clause added into their contract. The chances of their invoking it are fairly small.
  • Reading these comments I have a completely different view on Adrian. For me he is a top class keeper and far less error prone than Hart (and Randolph). Yes he had one or two shockers in quick succession but he's saved us so many times in his West Ham career. Compare that to Hart who since he's been here has made more errors in less than half a season.

???

Adrian - Stoke penalty, Crystal Palace horrendous mistake, beaten from half way line by Rooney

Hart -

• 2nd goal v Brighton, 2 free kicks v Scotland etc. etc.

Everyone makes mistakes and howlers too.
  • 2nd goal against Brighton was a decent strike the only thing I’d say is that he didn’t go with the preferred arm, wouldn’t call it a howler at all.

The free kicks against Scotland were decent too
  • edited October 2017
    I like Adrian, always have. He's a good solid premiership upper mid table keeper. Has some great days, and I love his passion. He does have the odd mistake in him though, and occasionally he flaps at things.

I believe Hart is the better keeper, but not by huge amounts. Of course he still makes the odd howler (as all keepers do barring the absolute legends).

The issue is now looking to next season. I believe good keepers are harder to find than some reckon here and we've had some decent ones of late (even Randy was solid when called upon and did well to nick the shirt off Adrian for a while last season).

We need to know if Hart would stay with us next season and join us on a permanent contract. If he will, excellent, keep him in the side and reluctantly let Adrian go - he's clearly not happy, and understandably - he's used to being a number 1. Look to bring in a new understudy who can press Joe but more happy at a number two role (maybe a younger up and coming keeper, but with experience {Bentley?})

However, if Hart seems unlikely to sign then get Adrian back in the side and make him feel wanted. If we do not, and Hart has no intention of signing then we will be losing both by the end of the season and then have to find two new keepers, at least one of which needs to be a top half skill set goalie, ideally who is used to the prem so can hit the ground running as our number 1. Where are such keepers? Hard to find. We must find out if Hart will stay, if not get Adrian happy again convince him to stay. We will still need to look for a second keeper anyway but can take more of a risk with recruitment because we know that at least Adrian is prem ready.
  • Lots of talk of keepers howlers but Slav is the member of the club making most howlers of late, transfers, tactics and selection and I am sure that is of frustration for many in the team.

As for Hart I was pleased that today he looked like the keeper we all hoped to be getting and nearly allowed us to take three points we barely would have deserved.
  • Slavens mistakes are paling into insignificance due to the individual player ones right now
  • Perhaps if the manager dropped and made clear to those those players that made those mistakes it may get across that stupidity / carelessness isn't tolerated.
  • We'd only have around 7 to pick from... ;biggrin
  • I have been an avid defender of Joe Hart, and I have repeatedly stated my belief that he is a better goalkeeper than Adrián, and deserves his place in the team.

HOWEVER

I started a game as West Ham on Football Manager 2018 (love it, by the way), and Joe Hart was injured for the first game. Adrián came in, performed heroics, and Hart is now the cup goalie only. So maybe I'm a convert now
  • That is very good news ;wahoo
  • He is such a sound bloke.
  • He's juan of our own ;run
  • Reading what he’s said I think it seems like he’s been told there is a competition for the spot and it’s nobody in particular’s. Last year, Hart came in and it was made very clear that he was the number one. I think the way it’s been handled this year is much better.
  • I love the guy and really hope he does stay.

I will never forget his penalty, the gloves come off, marvellous, stuff of legends. His rapport with the crowd has always been special. I also remember and smile at his bullfighter act at the end of the final home game of his first season.

If Fabianski is demonstrably better then...But I don't think he is and stats alone won't do it for me.

Let battle commence and may the best shot stopper (Adrian) win,
  • ;bowdown