Adrian - (looks like he is happy to stay and fight for his place)

Comments

• I never expect goalkeepers to save penalties.
  • I think if you’re blaming Hart for the first and third goals the other night then IMO you’re trying very hard to blame Hart for them.
  • I think if you’re blaming Hart for the first and third goals the other night then IMO you’re trying very hard to blame Hart for them.

As I said "I'll highlight some of his errors for their how's (I'm not saying he should've saved all 3, just merely pointing out where he went wrong)." I'm not trying very hard to blame Hart but I you're trying hard to criticise just a small part of my post.
  • Sorry, it looked like a large part of your post was suggesting Hart was at least in some way at fault for all three goals.

I think he was completely blameless for goals 1 and 3.

I can’t recall any other errors in the game, and you’ve highlighted general things which I don’t agree with.

I’m confused how you have so much insight into his leadership of the back four because that doesn’t seem to be something easy to judge from the stands. If the centre backs play poorly, that isn’t Hart’s fault.

I don’t know how often he’s supposed to come out of the box, either, but I prefer for him to stay in goal.

And let’s be honest, the kicking of every player on the pitch was off against Brighton, not just Hart.
  • A goalkeeper should never save a penalty. He's likely to be little more in size than 13 sq ft and he's trying to cover 192 sq ft.
    As for the first goal I'm not sure how his getting closer to it would make any difference. Either it is saved or it isn't, a nearly saved means nothing.
  • Whilst talking about penalties, try this one out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41728826
  • Imagine if we get relegated I doubt either keeper will be around.
  • Well what about tonight?
  • He has to start on Saturday. If ever a player earned a start that was it. This is the sort of man management Slav needs to be hot on.
  • edited October 2017

;lol
  • whatever the perceptions are of his level of ability, I love Adrian and I would be sad if he left.

Or, alternatively, what Suz did ;thumbsup
  • I love the bloke, but I don't think he'll play on Saturday
  • He seems to help morale when he's in the team. He looks like he's part of a close-knit group of players - the Spanish-speaking ones plus Ogbonna and Kouyate - that also gets on well with the British group of Nobes, Collins, Cressers, AC etc. Just piecing that together from various photos, social media etc. Looked like Valencia and Zarate were also part of the former group. You need that kind of bonding to have a strong team. Not sure where Hart and Arnie fit in socially yet, and that might be just as important as how they fit into the team from a playing perspective.
  • alderz said:

I love the bloke, but I don't think he'll play on Saturday

If he doesn't play, then in my opinion Slav will lose a huge amount of respect from fans and from the players.
    He has often said that players have to earn a spot in the team and Adrian did that in bucket loads last night.
    We don't want to lose Adrian and giving him game time after a massive game like last night is the way to show him that he isn't just going to be a bench warmer.

It also shows the fringe players that they can earn a start.

• I mean, he wouldn’t lose respect from me. I think the right decision is Hart, but appreciate others may disagree
  • My heart says Adrian. My head says Hart.

Now I've got a headache and a heartache.
  • Adrian every time for me ;ok
  • edited October 2017
    At the risk of being modded, in every sense, and in every aspect, the difference for me is that Adrian can be bothered. That's worth points over the season.

Self modded -I thought of an alternative as soon as I posted! :-)
  • Can you imagine if, say, Arny, Hart and Zab were benched this Saturday

It would be like admitting nearly all of Slav’s summer transfer business has failed.

Again.
  • So it's no longer a squad game then? ;hmm
  • I think it would be more like admitting "I tried to fit everyone into the team before everyone had assimilated properly." I'd accept that.
  • It’s a squad game but many would argue that the first team/first choice needed improving on v last season
  • But people have dips and rises in form, and different players offer more (or less) in certain formations. (Although, I've never been convinced by Arnautovic.)
  • edited October 2017
    I really thought Arnautovic would be perfect for us but he's just a lazy so and so!
  • edited October 2017
    Off the topic, but since Arnie's being discussed...

I think at some point we're going see Arnie-Lanzini-Antonio behind Chicharito or Sakho click for us. But the problem is that since we can't currently defend with a back four, the opportunities for them to click are going to be limited. But when we get the right two of Nobes, Obiang, Kouyate and Rice in the right form, we should be able to play them as the protective two in a 4-2-3-1, which must have been Slav's plan A when he signed Arnie.
  • IMO Adrian would start on Sat...
    But like Alderz said I doubt it...
    For me Adrian just oozes emotion, passion and a love for West Ham...
  • You can bet that Hart has a 'must play when fit' clause in his contract - allegedly like AC has...