Brighton (Home) Friday 20th 8pm (match thread)

Comments

• And Hart should’ve saved the second
  • ; ;weep no one on the bench to change it as far as I can see
  • They just sat back and thumped the ball upfield because they knew we wouldn't have a clue what to do. We have no tactical plan whatsoever except to hit the ball into the area if we can and hope something happens. Bilic must be the most tactically inept manager in the PL
  • Lukerz said:

Get Nobes on second half.

You can tell just how bad it is when a suggestion like that surfaces

;lol
  • we have had some poor managers in the past but have also had poor squads. this squad, on paper, is at least middle of the table yet we are pathetic. never wanted a west ham manger to go so much. even players that have left us have been scoring. Bilic couldn't organise a kids team. all we do is pass backwards and sideways, waste free kicks and fail to get the ball forward quickly. I want us to win but I dont want Bilic to stay any longer. i am fuming. we are going to be relegation fodder all season. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Gary Neville should stick his name in hat
  • Lukerz said:

I probably would tbh. I don't think he's good enough to start these days but we're having so much of the ball but Kouyate can't pass 5 yards.
  • Shocking defending for 1st , Obiang lost Murray...
    The 2nd goal we were all over the place...perhaps Hart could have done better?.....
    In between lots of huff and puff and no end product...
    My weekend is looking gloomy to say the least.....
  • Shocking. No bite in midfield, toothless up front. Not many options on the bench. Need someone with a bit of passion. Not sure what Arnautovic is doing. Harnandez is not a centre forward and certainly isn't getting service. Can't see any positives. Bilic will have to earn his money in the second half.
  • I_love_Allardyce

We're gaining momentum
    Do you have cookies :)
  • Not having fun. I hate Friday night games.
  • Simple. 5 at the back please
  • It’s such a shame what is happening at the club.

I decided not to go tonight as I didn’t want to queue for ages to get through the security checks and watch a team that offers zero entertainment value and then queue up again for ages to get a train late at night.
    I cant see us scoring one goal and we surely don’t have 3 goals in the team.

The new stadium should have moved us forwards but it looks as if our owners don’t have the cash to do that and we have become a very poor crumbling team!!

However we should have had enough to beat Brighton , the players really should try and get some respect back second half or I really fear what will happen over the rest of the season.
  • Antonio and possibly Zabaleta only ones coming out of this with any credit so far. I really think it was part of the strategy to play Kouyate up front, based on what I could see and the signals Slav was making.
  • Don’t worry everyone, Ayew will save the day

;lol
  • What does Arnautovic do?
  • when we go down Noble will make a great captain ;biggrin

pass poorly and give away free kicks
  • Lukerz said:

;lol
    At least he'd show a bit of fight

Sorry make me laugh
  • Brighton look more like to get a third. Not sure how Slav digs himself out this season.
  • My hope is that Antonio scores for my FF team. Beyond that, I don't have much of anything else. That in itself saddens me. I just have much faith we can create or have the invention to cause teams problems. Its not all Bilics fault. However, I do believe a different manager (e.g. Silva at Watford) can make a difference to the way a team plays and various other factors which are conducive to us being a better team

Even if we freakily score a couple or three goals, Bilic's contract is up at the end of the season and, IMO, he has zero chance of getting another one.

If the board havent already identified a replacement or aren't at least looking then there's something wrong. I'd like us to get someone else in and at a decent time prior to January TF window.

If we bomb over the next few games then its going to be a scary season....
  • ;hmm Bilic has to go after this, we cant have one man drag us down ,the rest of the team can do that quite well ;biggrin
  • Lukerz said:

;lol
    At least he'd show a bit of fight
    Regardless of peoples personal opinion of BFS he had his game plan and got some very mediocre players to perform their jobs well and do what he wanted them to do.

We now have much better players and no game plan.
  • another embarrassing misplaced pass that Brighton fail miserably to capitalise on. Can you imagine if we were playing a good team? We'd be digging trenches if it was Man City or Liverpool in two games time.
  • Oh good. A penalty
  • Another penalty gifted
This discussion has been closed.