Brighton (Home) Friday 20th 8pm (match thread)

Comments

• So is little p playing tonight or not need to know for fantasy football purposes!

• Bilic does seem reluctant to give him a chance, and it may be that he doesn't think he's good enough, but how will anyone ever know if he's good enough for the PL of he's not given an opportunity to play?

I just don't buy this argument, OCS. (I know it has been made many times before, in respect of a host of different players, and so lots of people evidently take this view. But not me ;ok )

• Fair enough Mrs G, but how would you determine whether a player is good enough? ;hmm I'm not advocating that he should be starting week in, week out, but where we have two strikers missing, and at home to Brighton, I don't think a place on the bench is a big risk.

Should we play well, find ourselves a couple of goals up with ten minutes to play, put the lad on and see what he can do. If not, he stays put.
  • edited October 2017
    Lawro's gone for 2-0 to us, the bookies fancy 1-0 so I've got a good feeling about tonight.

Unfortunately I'll be on train 061 from 7:05pm until 10:12pm so I'll miss most of it; fingers crossed the train gets cancelled......
  • edited October 2017
    I've got family round tonight so will have to record it and turn my phone off at eight. Will watch it when they're gone. Don't think I've ever watched us lose at midnight before ;hmm
  • I'm out at a Gin and Tonic party.
  • Just a quick question, does anyone know what time they lock down access to / from Westfield? Would love an excuse to get out of the office early today!
  • re the Martinez in or out question and the response trust SB.
    Well I just don't.
    Sorry folks but he has a large question mark hanging over him as far as I am concerned. Fake manager.
  • “Fake Manager”
  • I'd love to see

Hart
    Fonte Reid Ogbonna
    Antonio Obiang Kouyate Masuaku
    Lanzini Arnaoutivic
    Hernandez

but I imagine it will be

Hart
    Zabaleta Fonte Reid Cresswell
    Obiang Kouyate
    Antonio Lanzini Arnoutivic
    Hernandez

Martinez must be on the bench, given that sadly Ayew is our only other attacking option.

All the signs are good for a win, forward momentum etc, against a weak team. But knowing us I fear we will somehow manage to just scrape a draw.
  • Fake. He can talk the talk (I bought into it for 2 years) but its all empty. How does that song go..... ;quaver you don't know what you're doing ;quaver
  • Nobes and Cresswell ;lol

• Ex reporting just one change which is Carroll for someone

Martinez not in the 18 though which is both disappointing and not surprising

Hopefully Obiang for Carroll to allow Lanzini to play higher up the pitch
  • I reckon he will keep the 2 up top and put Ayew alongside Hernandez both are in the box goal poachers.
  • Obiang for Carroll.
    Masuaku for Cresswell.

Is the side, apparently.
  • 90 mins to kick off coyi
  • Fake. He can talk the talk (I bought into it for 2 years) but its all empty. How does that song go..... ;quaver you don't know what you're doing ;quaver

Yeah the fans sang it at Curbs when winning a game, they were wrong then and they're wrong now

;ok
  • That being said I think Martinez should be on the bench given the current climate
  • Lukerz said:

Obiang for Carroll.
    Masuaku for Cresswell.

Is the side, apparently.

Don't know which source that is from? ;hmm

Be surprised if it isn't just Obiang for Carroll and Artur still on the bench?
  • Whufc_bulletin is the source and I have faith in him
  • Although he was wrong last week.
  • And for the Swansea game before that. ;hmm
  • Just arrived.

coyi
  • edited October 2017
    And if their's were the rumours about Chicarito you posted for the Tottenham game the week before, Luke, they got that wrong too.

(edit, I will check tomorrow, I may have mixed up their Swansea and Tottenham 'ITK' early team news. )
  • Lukerz said:

Obiang for Carroll.
    Masuaku for Cresswell.

Is the side, apparently.

Right this week.

• Masuaku!!!
  • This is our best possible side, imo. Hopefully they'll show it!
  • It's all gone quiet over there. ;lol
This discussion has been closed.