Burnley (Away) 14th October 3pm (match thread)

Comments

• Champo ;ok

All the things you said in the last sentence are exactly why i want Hernandez to start, tbh. Let's get him in the box with players around him who can create.

Arthur, Lanzini, Antonio, Arnautovic are all creators (Obiang can pick a pass too) and I would feel extremely confident of creating a chance or two for him with those around him.

Hart
    Fonte Reid Ogbonna
    Zabaleta Obiang Lanzini Masuaku
    Antonio Hernandez Arnautovic

Subs: Adrian, Cresswell, Kouyate, Noble, Ayew, Carroll, Sakho

And, by the way, that might be the strongest bench I've ever known us to have.
  • Hard one to call. But with all the players he has to pick from, Slav needs to put on a performance and grab 3 points.
  • edited October 2017
    I think it may be worth going for it in this game.

Hart
    Zabaleta - Fonte - Reid - Masuaku
    Antonio - Noble - Kouyate - Lanzini
    Sakho - Carroll

Adrian, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Obiang, Arnautovic, Ayew, Chicharito

Burnley don’t score many and also line up 4-4-2. It is likely to be a tight game so could be worth getting the extra striker on and trying to be a bit more expansive, knowing Burnley are unlikely to create loads of goal-scoring chances as a result.
  • About a third of potential squads posted in this thread have been from Luke. #indecisive
  • #toomuchchoice
  • Burnley don't score many at home but then they don't concede many either. They've got a pretty big back four, only one goal they let in was a header and that was more down to Morata's speed than his height.

Think this is one for Hernandez rather than Carroll
  • Pace makes space ;biggrin
  • Actually strike that, reverse it.

Start with Carroll then after he's toiled fruitlessly for an hour bring on Hernandez

It worked with Ayew, it worked with Sakho......
  • Bilic said that Hernandez only returned from international duty today and will train until tomorrow
  • All out attack score 10 concede 9

Hart

Kouyate / Reid / Ogbonna

Antonio Ayew Lanzini Arnie

Sakho Hernandez

Carroll

• Bilic said that Hernandez only returned from international duty today and will train until tomorrow

Reading the stuff from the press conference, I think there's a doubt about Chicarito to start ;hmm
  • at home they've scored one and conceded one.

Why is it that come Saturday evening all I think I will be hearing on the radio is "Until the visit of West Ham, Burnley had only managed to score once at home in the league all season ..."

• I think Slaven is really going to go for it and will play an offensive but balanced side. I think he will go:--

---------------------HART------------------
    ---ZABALETA----REID----FONTE----CRESSWELL-
    ---ANTONIO----KOUYATE---LANZINI---ARNIE---
    -----------------SAKHO--CARROLL----------

With an almost full strength squad and individuals in much better condition, its exciting times for us ;thumbsup
  • For me - Masuaku and Sakho both HAVE to start.
  • Not sure at all who our best team is for this game. I'll leave this one to Slav, and hope he gets it right
  • Whatever lineup is used in the first half, Slaven will change it round at half time ;puzzled Not a criticism, but wouldn't it be nice if we got it right in the first half?
  • Whatever lineup is used in the first half, Slaven will change it round at half time ;puzzled Not a criticism, but wouldn't it be nice if we got it right in the first half?

The only half time substitution so far this season was Lanzini on for Rice against Newcastle, all the other substitutions have come after an hour or so
  • I know we're playing Burnley at Turf Moor but their away record this season is amazing.

Beat Chelsea, drew with Spurs, drew with Liverpool, beat Everton.

So strange considering their away record last season.
  • It has a 1-0 written all over it imo

Think it's a 50/50 game despite Burnley start as mentioned most of their points have come away from home

Only when we have everyone back to it see that this squad is actually pretty good both in terms of quality and depth......Bilic has no excuses not to put out a team that should deliver from the minute the game starts but there are so many variations (as seen from the lineups on this thread) of what he can put out

I honestly have no idea how he's going to approach it as he's flicked between 3-4-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 this season
  • edited October 2017
    He has to go 3 at the back just on the basis that it has produced results for him. If he tries and shoe horns all his attacking players in again it will just backfire again. Some players are going to miss out but this team have been poor so far this season so for some it might be a kick up the rear to get in gear especially in a world cup year (for some players) who know their country has definitely qualified.
  • Away win ;wahoo
  • I expect a 0-0 last on MOTD game.

Anyone deciding if this is their away game of the season, I would suggest save your powder...
  • Suz, have you been on the ;redwine again. ;doh
  • I'm not sure about 0-0 and last on MOTD.

I suspect that West Ham have identified a niche market and are pitching for the BBC to give them their own MOTD3 show, airing at 3.30 a.m. on Monday morning.
  • Hammerex said:

Suz, have you been on the ;redwine again. ;doh

No!

Why would I be?
  • Away win Suz ?, wish I was as confident as you, think Burnley is more likely to
    win, but hope I am wrong.
  • So let’s see....

Bilic: “Up to now, we have never had the opportunity of picking our preferred team. But tomorrow we will have that luxury.”
  • edited October 2017
    Masuaku on the bench again today according to Ex.
  • Dont know why. He's actually one of the few prepared to take someone on and has the confidence/skill/pace to do it
This discussion has been closed.