West Brom vs West Ham - Saturday 16.09.17 3:00 Match Thread

Comments

• Collins down, not looking good. Ogbonna on the bench at least.
  • Collins carrying on to half time at least.
  • Obiang down now, holding his hamstring.
  • Obiang has gone down for the second time.

Need to get to half time to reasess
  • Obiang is so poor sometimes in his decision-making. Why can't he just keep it simple? He's the DM. Win the ball back and then do a 5 yard pass.
  • All it takes is one injury in midfield and we're in trouble depth wise.
  • WBA fans actually pay to watch their side?
  • Pretty boring game.
    We have no forward momentum. The only person willing to run with the ball is Antonio.
    Some of Obiang's passing is abysmal.
    Hernandez is not even in the game.
  • Lukerz said:

All it takes is one injury in midfield and we're in trouble depth wise.

Yeah, this is my big worry. Thing is, even when Noble and Fernandes do return from injury I'm not convinced by either.
  • Hernandez better score some goals this season because he doesm't appear to do a lot else.
  • Arnie on please
  • We've had the better of a pretty poor quality first half.

Our shape has nullified West Brom's threat for the most part, but at the cost of lacking a cutting edge ourselves.

Still, as the away team, nothing too wrong with that, imo.

If West Brom play like that in the 2nd half, I'd be pretty sure we'll win the game.

Sakho to come on and get a brace. ( ;pray )
  • A lot was made in the run up to this game about our long ball game, while WBA seem to get a free pass.
  • True dat ;angry
  • edited September 2017
    Sweepy

Have you checked out the streams thread?

I've just tried one of the 'robin' links and it is working fine for me.
  • Lukerz said:

Hernandez better score some goals this season because he doesm't appear to do a lot else.

Bit harsh, and hardly surprising really, he's an out and out CF and he's being played wide. Has worked hard and done a lot of closing down imo.
  • On the rare occasions WBA crossed the half way line, they looked for more decisive and dangerous than we do.
  • Tony Gayle. #blithering
  • Wow. That's all West Brom can produce AT HOME against a side also competing for mid table but currently in the relegation zone.

They are barely attacking us, we needn't 3 CBs it's places wasted. We need more creativity but still bodies in the box so... I propose a rare shout to go to 4;4;2!

--------Hart--------
    Zaba-Fonte-Reid-Cress
    Ant-Obiang-Kouyate-Arnie
    ---Carroll-Hernandez---
  • Lukerz

Didn't seem like that to me.

Most times, seemed to me they simply over hit long passes.
  • Lukerz said:

Hernandez better score some goals this season because he doesm't appear to do a lot else.

Of course that's all he does. But he does it really well. Him being on the LW is a total waste.
  • No half time subs, Collins and Obiang both back out.
  • edited September 2017
    Jorderz ;ok We finally sign the fox in the box we've been crying out for and then play him where he's rarely in the box.

Mildly frustrating that.
  • Decent chance for Fonte from a corner, but heads just wide.
  • Collins still doesn't look right.
  • Not to unhappy with that performance, Cresswell needs to do better at set pieces and maybe the game will be decided by a bit of determination, Antonio, or brilliance, Carrol/Hernandez or Obiang.

Think we will come out of this with the points

COYI
  • OCS ;ok

On another note, West Brom are dreadful.
  • OCS was saying that during the Huddersfield game.

Pointless having him in the t am if he's not played in the most effective position.
  • Cresswell is growing into this game.
This discussion has been closed.